Canadian TV Channels Schedule Updates

CNC

Geez, has this thread been left abandoned or something?

Anyways, it's been awhile since I graphed a Family CHRG'D schedule.

1619494720265.png

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I'll be curious to find out if Spongo is the original Australian version. There was a version with Canadian voice actors in production at one point, but I suspect it might've been scrapped.

The original series was already on Family. In fact, it was co-produced by both YTV and Family at one point

That's correct. The original series was made by Cinar, whose library is owned by WildBrain.

Takao

CORUS ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES 35 GREENLIGHTS AND RENEWALS FOR ITS ICONIC PORTFOLIO OF SPECIALTY NETWORKS

ADULT SWIM
Psi Cops (26x11) - NEW
Wind Sun Sky Entertainment / Oddfellows Labs
The crucial task of investigating spiritual phenomena, extraterrestrial life, and paranormal activity is in the hands of “out of the box thinkers” Agent Kyd and Agent Felix, and by “out of the box” we mean completely childish and totally deranged.

YTV
Best & Bester (52x11) – NEW
Nelvana / Eye Present / Gigglebug Entertainment
Best and Bester are siblings and best friends obsessed with comparing the best things of all time while enjoying the power to transform themselves into anything they want, once a day–if only they can figure out what the best thing to be actually is!

Super Wish (52x11) – NEW
redknot, a joint venture between Nelvana and Discovery
Jesse inadvertently uses his super-special 10th birthday wish to wish his birthday party would disappear, and to his surprise, it does! Now he and his friends must venture through the mystical birthday dimension to track down and un-do his Super Wish. As they encounter wondrous characters and comical adventures, Jesse and his friends rediscover the magic of birthdays and how great it is to be a kid!

ZJ Sparkleton (Working Title) (26x22) – NEW
Nelvana / Nickelodeon
Quirky 10-year-old vlogger Ruby discovers her only video channel follower is a tail-zapping space alien from the planet Pudge named ZJ Sparkleton, and they quickly become best friends. Along with their friend Earl, a talking con-man squirrel, Ruby teaches ZJ about her version of Earth, while ZJ learns to control his unpredictable powers.

Treehouse
Agent Binky: Pets of the Universe, Season 2 (52x11)
redknot, a joint venture between Nelvana and Discovery
P.U.R.S.T. Agents Binky, Gracie, Gordon, Loo and Nola are back on the case and ready to protect theirhuman families from even more aliens, robots, and interstellar threats. Certified and ready for action, thisfurr-tastic team is determined to go where no pet has gone before!

The Hamster Show (Working Title) (26x22) – NEW
Nelvana / Nickelodeon
8-year-old Harry is the proud owner of a crew of hamsters and the builder of their detailed and expansive tubed home. Little does Harry know that his furry friends are constantly watching him, believing that Harry is their King and they are his heroic protectors. Together, the hamsters explore their kingdom, comedically misunderstanding the human world and braving “royal missions,” such as saving King Harry from daily doom, granting his wishes and keeping his life running smoothly.

Toopy and Binoo – The Movie (1x80) – NEW
Echo Media
In one scatterbrained blunder after another, Toopy and a funny genie accidentally make Binoo’s beloved stuffed toy, Patchy-Patch, disappear. Toopy, Binoo and the genie set off straight away in search of the mythical world of “Lost and Found” where Patchy-Patch must surely be. Along the way, the little group meets twin seagulls and a princess who has lost her dancing prince. Together, and despite Toopy’sbumbling ways, they will attempt to find their lost loves.

Teletoon zombie channel status confirmed? No mention of the Total Drama Island revival, which makes me wonder if they'll even be involved with that.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Echo Media
In one scatterbrained blunder after another, Toopy and a funny genie accidentally make Binoo’s beloved stuffed toy, Patchy-Patch, disappear. Toopy, Binoo and the genie set off straight away in search of the mythical world of “Lost and Found” where Patchy-Patch must surely be. Along the way, the little group meets twin seagulls and a princess who has lost her dancing prince. Together, and despite Toopy’sbumbling ways, they will attempt to find their lost loves.
This is so cursed

Streaker Prower

Echo Media

This is so cursed
more cursed than The Magic School Bus Rides Again and The Berenstain Bears 2003

Takao

I'll be curious to find out if Spongo is the original Australian version. There was a version with Canadian voice actors in production at one point, but I suspect it might've been scrapped.
As an update to this, it's the Australian version. I guess WildBrain cancelled the Canadian dub. They've held onto the show for a while before premiering it here, so they presumably lost faith in it.

Speaking of WildBrain, I think YTV should be the Canadian home for Sonic Prime
Netflix will be the Canadian home of Sonic Prime.

WildBrain owns that series, so once (if?) Netflix's exclusivity expires, it would likely wind up on one of their channels - should they still exist by then.

Will that Toopy & Binoo movie be CGI or 2D?
According to Kidscreen, it'll be a 2D feature.

Streaker Prower

Family or CHRGD would make more sense
Well the AYAOTD reboot/miniseries has aired on the same network as the original “YTV” so I guess Sonic Prime will air on YTV since AOSTH and Sonic X has aired on YTV “Satam aired on CTV and underground aired on Teletoon, and Sonic Boom aired on the previously mention Chrgd” so it’s likely for Sonic to return to YTV

Streaker Prower

Well, I Hope Sonic Prime does go to YTV, Because the last time Sonic The Hedgehog was on YTV was the 4Kids Dub of Sonic X, which aired for 5 Years (2003-2008).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts