"Spider-Man: No Way Home" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

The weirdness of being an adult actor playing a high school student :p.
Dude is 40 playing 15. Though seriously, I wonder if they can blame the blip and age them up. Is this film senior year/graduation? If so, it's a cheat to the audience as they promised they'd do real high school setting by having him do 4 years of high school.

So how do you have your Peter Parker/Spider-man actor only signed up for 3 year in-universe film contract (in terms of Spider-man prime film series not ancillary like Cap America/Avengers)? Harry Potter series took seven films. So once again, Sony ages the characters out of school.

There was a rumor Ned might be Hob Goblin?
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Actually, with her I could believe. Unless they'll do a Spider-Gwen reference, she really doesn't have all that much relevance.
You'd think that's one title Sony would hurry to make, but I digress. I don't think Stone would have done it even if she was asked to because when NWH was filming, she was already pregnant and just gave birth in March.

Frontier

Staff member

the greenman

Oi... idk. I don't know about this. An AU Sinister Six...
Yeah, this is definitely weirding me out. As Luke Skywalker said "I gotta baaaad feeling about this."
I love Dafoe's Gobby but Doc Ock should lead the Sinister Six :mad:.

Like, they've been building up MCU Peter's Rogues Gallery (even with the Tony Stark issue) and then they just go AU with it :confused:?
Not only that, but then no mention whatsoever of Gyllenhaal returning. I do not think I read anything about Keaton returning either. It just seems weird.

We hear returning villains 1. Gobby, 2. Doc Ock, and 3. Electro. Now IF we get 4. Vulture, and 5. Mysterio that still leaves one more. Now the big question is IF SONY were truly going to keep their Marvel villains (Venom, Morbius, & now Kraven) separated, how are they planning to team them all up?

I think this is just a multiverse film, and teasing a future Sinister Six possibility. Not to say some of these won't return, or even we get brand new versions of old foes.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, this is definitely weirding me out. As Luke Skywalker said "I gotta baaaad feeling about this."Not only that, but then no mention whatsoever of Gyllenhaal returning. I do not think I read anything about Keaton returning either. It just seems weird.
It kinda stinks of placate Sony post-new deal because they've wanted to do a Sinister Six for years, decades.
We hear returning villains 1. Gobby, 2. Doc Ock, and 3. Electro. Now IF we get 4. Vulture, and 5. Mysterio that still leaves one more. Now the big question is IF SONY were truly going to keep their Marvel villains (Venom, Morbius, & now Kraven) separated, how are they planning to team them all up?

I think this is just a multiverse film, and teasing a future Sinister Six possibility. Not to say some of these won't return, or even we get brand new versions of old foes.
I think the rumors will probably include SM3 Sandman with ASM2 Rhino and ASM Lizard, and not MCU Vulture and Mysterio.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I love Dafoe's Gobby but Doc Ock should lead the Sinister Six :mad:.

Like, they've been building up MCU Peter's Rogues Gallery (even with the Tony Stark issue) and then they just go AU with it :confused:?
An alternate vers of Doc Ock should lead the S6.
Assuming the rumors, this Molina Doctopus has to be held against his will to take part of this.

The likely thought process - use the already established actors & characters rather than spend another decade or two of Spidey sequels just to feature yet another team of villains, which the MCU let alone the "Home" movies would have already done multiple times over. Sony could & should use ITS-V as their best animated picture winner to justify this. On top of that, everyone is going multiverse as the new crossover gimmick.

For Spidey to go back to its small-scale roots, I'd wait around for the next TV-14 reboot or the next installment of the Insomniac game.

Frontier

Staff member
An alternate vers of Doc Ock should lead the S6.
Assuming the rumors, this Molina Doctopus has to be held against his will to take part of this.

The likely thought process - use the already established actors & characters rather than spend another decade or two of Spidey sequels just to feature yet another team of villains, which the MCU let alone the "Home" movies would have already done multiple times over. Sony could & should use ITS-V as their best animated picture winner to justify this. On top of that, everyone is going multiverse as the new crossover gimmick.

For Spidey to go back to its small-scale roots, I'd wait around for the next TV-14 reboot or the next installment of the Insomniac game.
I mean, I thought the appeal of MCU Spider-Man was gradually building him up as a character, although constantly having him react to MCU events and getting thrown in several different directions probably didn't help :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
There's no real reason for it to come out this month anyway. Like with Shang-Chi, Disney waited until 5 months. For Venom. Let There Be Carnage, Sony released the trailer around 4 months until. So it stands to reason, July or August for No Way Home. After the first episode of Loki came out, I suspect they may also wait until the last episode streams in mid-July but since Black Widow would have just come out in July 9, idk, perhaps August is a safer bet. Shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts