"WandaVision (Disney+ Limited Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this series

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
4/21: Full interview with Marion Spates.

4/23: July 2021 solicits has an Art Of The Series for WandaVision. Releases August 25.
MARVEL'S WANDAVISION: THE ART OF THE SERIES HC (SLIPCASE EDITION)
Wanda Maximoff and the Vision are two super-powered beings living an ideal life in the suburbs – but not all is as it seems. Go behind the scenes of this tale of magic, love, and sitcoms and discover exclusive concept art and interviews with the creators behind Marvel's first Disney+ tv show.
224 PGS./All Ages …$50.00 ISBN: 978-1-302-93103-2 Trim size: 11-5/16 x 9-3/8

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Oh hey remember how we all wanted Dr. Strange to appear in this show and thought he would? Turns out that was at one point the case but was then changed.

The reason being "This is supposed to be Wanda's story if Dr. Strange came in it would of taken away from her and felt like just an advertisement to his next movie" so yeah plans were changed to not have him in the show. And though I still feel Multiverse should explain WHY he wasn't around I totally get it from a character level. It would feel cheap if just a character in the universe showed up to save the day who had no real build up. You can do that in the team up movies because those are for the world but stuff like Wanda vision is too indivudal character focus guided for that to work on a meaningful narrative level. Plus the appearance was also probably written in mind back when Dr. Strange 2 and WandaVision were airing more back to back which yeah that obviously didn't happen.

Frontier

Staff member
Oh hey remember how we all wanted Dr. Strange to appear in this show and thought he would? Turns out that was at one point the case but was then changed.

The reason being "This is supposed to be Wanda's story if Dr. Strange came in it would of taken away from her and felt like just an advertisement to his next movie" so yeah plans were changed to not have him in the show. And though I still feel Multiverse should explain WHY he wasn't around I totally get it from a character level. It would feel cheap if just a character in the universe showed up to save the day who had no real build up. You can do that in the team up movies because those are for the world but stuff like Wanda vision is too indivudal character focus guided for that to work on a meaningful narrative level. Plus the appearance was also probably written in mind back when Dr. Strange 2 and WandaVision were airing more back to back which yeah that obviously didn't happen.
Although I'm sure the people of Westview wish he had gotten involved earlier...

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

While I would've loved to see him in this, I do understand why Feige decided not to go with it since his presence would make people think it was about him.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Adding Strange would at least give more credence to the 11th hour "she's actually a witch." It's not like the show wasn't already an advertisement for other characters, shows, & future soon to be prominent organizations. I would have preferred if they took out most of those, kept it more intimate, and simply teased how Dr. Strange is/will be involved in her story.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Adding Strange would at least give more credence to the 11th hour "she's actually a witch." It's not like the show wasn't already an advertisement for other characters, shows, & future soon to be prominent organizations. I would have preferred if they took out most of those, kept it more intimate, and simply teased how Dr. Strange is/will be involved in her story.
I'd argue the only thing put in the show that wasn't focused on either Wanda or Vision was Monica getting her powers and even that was at least related specifically to what was happening with Wanda. Everything else though WAS focused on Wanda and Vision so the focus was still there. Not to mention your point is ridiculously contradictory. "I don't want them to have added in connections to these other characters... but I wanted them to add in connections to this other character." Dr. Strange will come in obviously in HIS sequel but yeah the focus here was on Wanda and again the movies about the title character especially the first one should be solved by said title character not by another outside hero.

originally posted by Frontier
I'm sure the people of Westview wish he had shown up

True but the story's not about them and this isn't a how it should of ended where it makes sense to have that sort of thing put in the story.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I'd argue the only thing put in the show that wasn't focused on either Wanda or Vision was Monica getting her powers and even that was at least related specifically to what was happening with Wanda. Everything else though WAS focused on Wanda and Vision so the focus was still there. Not to mention your point is ridiculously contradictory. "I don't want them to have added in connections to these other characters... but I wanted them to add in connections to this other character." Dr. Strange will come in obviously in HIS sequel but yeah the focus here was on Wanda and again the movies about the title character especially the first one should be solved by said title character not by another outside hero.
Not to mention another Skrull (Cap'n Marvel/Spider-Man), SWORD, Darcy (Thor), Agent Woo (Ant-Man), and Quicksilver from the other movie universe. <- All of these guys are somehow also specifically related to what was happening with Wanda.
No contradiction here with Dr. Strange given he's THE magic user of the MCU and Wanda's powers are now magic-based as she battled against her magic-based villain.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts