What if Fox Kids continued after 2002?

Moe

My question is. Why didn't Woody Woodpecker air on Jetix/ABC Family
ABC Family worldwide still had the rights
Universal own New Woody Woodpecker Show and they only had broadcast agreement with Fox Kids until show ended and end of Fox Kids, so it moved to CN for re-run this shows.

Moe

Proof it was on CN?
They did for short time - <i>The New Woody Woodpecker Show</i>

CN aired few Universal shows like The Land Before Time is one of them.

I'm in 30s and remember enough about many shows that aired on channels, especially big name shows but for small name shows are much difficult to remember.

Update: I tried to look for different source other than Wikipedia but can't find explicitly answer and New Woody Woodpecker may not popular enough to be noticeable. Last time I watched this show was back in 1999 on Fox Kids and wasn't fan so I prefer older Woody Woodpecker but it wasn't bad show. Wikipedia isn't 100% accurate but some people can mention if they tried to remember, even if it is confusion or error.

Last edited:

harry580

what if in another timeline we got fox kids as channel like the one in the europe/Latin America/australia instead of fox family. would that be better or worst?

Moe

what if in another timeline we got fox kids as channel like the one in the europe/Latin America/australia instead of fox family. would that be better or worst?
Probably same.

The different name won't help if Fox had same management and other competitors like Nick, CN and Disney Channel continued to have same rating as in 2000-2001.

Moe

as in the worst thing but still the better
May not but the different name should be coupled with management changes, so it will help a lot.

If Fox got new idea and order to produce new animated shows that are popular to children like Nick did with Nicktoons, so it will be much better than Fox did to Fox Family, also acquirement of popular shows that rarely or no longer air on 3 big kid network (Nick, CN, Disney) do help.

We need better antitrust laws to protect Fox from getting killed by strong competition, so it need to have fair competition. WB made Looney Tunes as exclusive on CN violate the antitrust so if I was judge, I would force WB to issue non-exclusive licensing to air on different networks at fair price.

harry580

May not but the different name should be coupled with management changes, so it will help a lot.

If Fox got new idea and order to produce new animated shows that are popular to children like Nick did with Nicktoons, so it will be much better than Fox did to Fox Family, also acquirement of popular shows that rarely or no longer air on 3 big kid network (Nick, CN, Disney) do help.
well they have the studio who producing the shows: saban entertainment and they have the Paris division
We need better antitrust laws to protect Fox from getting killed by strong competition, so it need to have fair competition. WB made Looney Tunes as exclusive on CN violate the antitrust so if I was judge, I would force WB to issue non-exclusive licensing to air on different networks at fair price.
I agreed

if fox kids has a channel and have fox bought Saban Entertainment after buying Haim Saban stake

will fox kids get a new logo to either this logo
1615938308324.png

or this logo:
1615938276216.png

my prediction in 2002 fox kids gets the former and in 2011/2012 gets the latter

Moe

well they have the studio who producing the shows: saban entertainment and they have the Paris division
It is better if Fox has own animation TV studio, but they shut it down after one movie flopped.

harry580

It is better if Fox has own animation TV studio, but they shut it down after one movie flopped.
I wish fox television animation founded in 1987 (the same year blue sky studios founded) or 1988 or 1989 (the same year the Simpsons aired) so fox can produce shows for not only for adults but also for the kids and families

edit: you referring to fox animation Arizona (now replaced by 20th century fox animation)

there's a tv animation division but that only produced the Simpsons and family guy

Moe

I wish fox television animation founded in 1987 (the same year blue sky studios founded) or 1988 or 1989 (the same year the Simpsons aired) so fox can produce shows for not only for adults but also for the kids and families

edit: you referring to fox animation Arizona (now replaced by 20th century fox animation)

there's a tv animation division but that only produced the Simpsons and family guy
but I don't think that year is matter and Fox needs to do better with children programming, even if started in 1987 as you mentioned and it could be unsuccessful if Fox went with same management and sell to Disney eventually.

Fox failed themselves and they heavily relied on sports, so they may make animated sport shows, whoa lol.

harry580

Fox failed themselves and they heavily relied on sports, so they may make animated sport shows, whoa lol.
but hey at least we would have gotten fox kids animated sports shows that are better (or even worst) then nickelodeon did for animated sports shows like nfl rush zone and wild gliders

Moe

but hey at least we have gotten fox kids animated sports shows that are better (or even worst) then nickelodeon did for animated sports shows like nfl rush zone and wild gliders
or Fox News make animated political shows to teach kids how to write a letter to the Congress or state legislature lol.

Moe

ok ok, we going as far as political we go
It was joke, anyway.

If CBN didn't put condition and restriction when sell Family Channel, so Fox would convert Fox Family to Fox Sports Channel instead of sell to Disney.

harry580

so Fox would convert Fox Family to Fox Sports Channel instead of sell to Disney.
or fox would convert fox family to fox kids and be like the europe, Latin America and australia versions instead of sell to disney

Moe

or fox would convert fox family to fox kids and be like the europe, Latin America and australia versions instead of sell to disney
I'm just speaking about reality - there is consequence if CBN didn't include a condition and restriction with former Family Channel when sold to Fox, so there is no doubt that Fox will convert and rename to sport channel instead of sell to Disney. Fox Kids and Fox Family already failed back in 2001, so I just said about scenario in 2001.

Even if Fox rename to Fox Kids Channel in 2001 and it will sold to Disney eventually, but at beginning, CBN require to have "Family" name for channel like Fox Family and ABC Family. CBN's restriction with name appear to be no longer in force when Disney renamed to Freeform.

harry580

I'm just speaking about reality - there is consequence if CBN didn't include a condition and restriction with former Family Channel when sold to Fox, so there is no doubt that Fox will convert and rename to sport channel instead of sell to Disney. Fox Kids and Fox Family already failed back in 2001, so I just said about scenario in 2001.

Even if Fox rename to Fox Kids Channel in 2001 and it will sold to Disney eventually, but at beginning, CBN require to have "Family" name for channel like Fox Family and ABC Family. CBN's restriction with name appear to be no longer in force when Disney renamed to Freeform.
I think the reason why disney bought fox was for the x men and fantastic four rights and also hulu

I think fox could have sold x men and fantastic four rights instead of the whole thing
I think fox could just reboot power rangers if fox would bought saban (the creators of the power rangers) and make it the x men replacement like hasbro doing with the power rangers right now

edit: I know this is off topic but you maybe get what I mean

Moe

I think the reason why disney bought fox was for the x men and fantastic four rights and also hulu

I think fox could have sold x men and fantastic four rights instead of the whole thing
I think fox could just reboot power rangers if fox would bought saban (the creators of the power rangers) and make it the x men replacement like hasbro doing with the power rangers right now,
No one know about what happened to Marvel in 90s and early 2000s and Disney didn't buy until 2009.

It was Fox initiated the sale to sell whole of 20th Century to Disney - take all or don't take all but Disney cannot cherrypicking whichever they want. If it wasn't for Disney, it could went to Comcast and possibly costly legal battle. Have 20th Century did help Disney a lot with weak market for adult films.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts