DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Assuming there's a Season Two, I wonder if they're going to be doing more stories based on the figures that were planned but didn't come out (Hush, Court of Owls, Thomas Wayne Batman, etc.) or if they're going to be less bound by that.

Frontier

Staff member
Assuming there's a Season Two, I wonder if they're going to be doing more stories based on the figures that were planned but didn't come out (Hush, Court of Owls, Thomas Wayne Batman, etc.) or if they're going to be less bound by that.
Yeah, I kind of figure a season 2 would be based around other potential figures and stuff from the Bat-Mythos that they never got to in the DCAU...just hopefully better integrated this time around :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
"Season Two" of Batman: The Adventures Continue will be released starting May 6 on Digital (and on June 1 it will be available in comic shops). Preview images are included in the link.
Because what else is left for them to do other than the Court of Owls :p?

I do kind of hope this leads to them doing something with Nightwing since the Court is tied to the Grayson family in the comics and Dick was completely MIA in "Season One."

Too bad about Mayor Hill though :(.

Oh hey, Veronica and her dad :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
"Season Two" of Batman: The Adventures Continue will be released starting May 6 on Digital (and on June 1 it will be available in comic shops). Preview images are included in the link.
Sigh. I'm apprehensive about it. At least Hill's murder doesn't contradict anything since his last appearances before this comic started were in TNBA's Chemistry and GG's Pave Paradise. Deadman's also doesn't hurtany canon, thank goodness.. Fortunately, the exact time it took plce wasn't set in stone in JLU, simply Batman helped him finally solve his murder the year before the events of Dead Reckoning if I recall correctly.

Looks like an older Jordan Hill consoling his mother (who never appeared in the shows) on the second page.

Too bad the accompanying toys that got this series made are still in limbo.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Sigh. I'm apprehensive about it. At least Hill's murder doesn't contradict anything since his last appearances before this comic started were in TNBA's Chemistry and GG's Pave Paradise. Deadman's also doesn't hurtany canon, thank goodness.. Fortunately, the exact time it took plce wasn't set in stone in JLU, simply Batman helped him finally solve his murder the year before the events of Dead Reckoning if I recall correctly.

Looks like an older Jordan Hill consoling his mother (who never appeared in the shows) on the second page.

Too bad the accompanying toys that got this series made are still in limbo.
I'm just thinking to myself how in the original The Batman Adventures comic Hill got to retire peacefully until Riddler showed up on his doorstep...of course we also got mayor Penguin out of it, so :eek:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm just thinking to myself how in the original The Batman Adventures comic Hill got to retire peacefully until Riddler showed up on his doorstep...of course we also got mayor Penguin out of it, so :eek:.
I never read too far into the comics but in any case, it's been known for years those are its own canon so they're safe. So Riddler killed Hill in that comic?

Hmm, I guess it would stand to speculate Hill's murder might have led to the high school being named after him and it wasn't his accomplishments.

Frontier

Staff member
I never read too far into the comics but in any case, it's been known for years those are its own canon so they're safe. So Riddler killed Hill in that comic?

Hmm, I guess it would stand to speculate Hill's murder might have led to the high school being named after him and it wasn't his accomplishments.
Riddler didn't kill Hill, he just showed up at his doorstep and it became a whole thing, and Nightwing got involved too as I recall.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Court of Owls is one of those things I wished Beware the Batman adapted. It would've fit like a glove there. So if they're basing these stories on the cancelled toys, I guess we'll see Vampire Batman, Thomas Wayne Batman, and Hush in the future at some point.

Now that I think about it, Dini could probably do a reformed Detective Riddler in these comics. He's introduced his other characters before, and unlike main DC continuity, he wouldn't have to worry about it being retconned or undone.

Frontier

Staff member
Court of Owls is one of those things I wished Beware the Batman adapted. It would've fit like a glove there. So if they're basing these stories on the cancelled toys, I guess we'll see Vampire Batman, Thomas Wayne Batman, and Hush in the future at some point.
I feel like it fits better here because we can get a proper Batfamily vs Court of Owls story that we might not have seen in Beware (Or I guess it would've been more Outsides versus Court of Owls). Again, I really hope they use Dick prominently in this :).
Now that I think about it, Dini could probably do a reformed Detective Riddler in these comics. He's introduced his other characters before, and unlike main DC continuity, he wouldn't have to worry about it being retconned or undone.
It would not surprise me if we get Detective Riddler at some point...he already fit him into a Justice League Action episode in that role ;).

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
It would not surprise me if we get Detective Riddler at some point...he already fit him into a Justice League Action episode in that role ;).

That episode was written by Jonathan Callan, who was a fan of Dini's take on that story. But yeah, I initially assumed that was one of the many Dini influences that show had.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm excited for ''Season Two'', to be honest. The whole Jason Todd thing is such well tread ground, I was never that excited for the B:TAS version of it. It just played like a simple/condensed version of what we saw before, and not for the better.

The Court of Owls (and I assume Vampire Batman/Nocturna?) gives the writers a little more leeway and opportunity to have fun with the concepts. Plus, more Templeton art is always a good thing. IF this sells well and they go for a ''Season Three'', I really hope Dini/Burnett remove the shackles of a dead toy line and actually tell an original story in this world that will feel natural and organic. A story they want to tell.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Court of Owls (and I assume Vampire Batman/Nocturna?) gives the writers a little more leeway and opportunity to have fun with the concepts. Plus, more Templeton art is always a good thing. IF this sells well and they go for a ''Season Three'', I really hope Dini/Burnett remove the shackles of a dead toy line and actually tell an original story in this world that will feel natural and organic. A story they want to tell.
Idk. If you look at the first season, it was Red Hood as the primary new villain with Deathstroke as the secondary new villain. Season II might be full with Court of Owls and Talon. At best, maybe Hush, too for a 2 parter and he somehow factors into the finale. I could kind of see them doing a Vampire Batman as a one-in-done issue set in an AU at the end of the series like how we got the Christmas story for #8. But good point, in theory, they could salvage one of the failed Nocturna stories from either BTAS or TNBA for the comic.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Idk. If you look at the first season, it was Red Hood as the primary new villain with Deathstroke as the secondary new villain. Season II might be full with Court of Owls and Talon. At best, maybe Hush, too for a 2 parter and he somehow factors into the finale. I could kind of see them doing a Vampire Batman as a one-in-done issue set in an AU at the end of the series like how we got the Christmas story for #8. But good point, in theory, they could salvage one of the failed Nocturna stories from either BTAS or TNBA for the comic.
I think it'd be cool if Jason ditched Slade to back the Batfamily up with the Court of Owls, but somehow I don't think that is likely to happen...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts