Fox Kids and Fox Family anime

Moe

but cbn split the family channel into its own company in 1990 called international family entertainment, but international family Entertainment was bought by fox and saban in 1996/1997, and rebranded the family channel to fox family, so yes, cbn no longer own the channel because they spin off the channel into its own company
but CBN still technically control Freeform with some requirements, especially require to air 700 Club and religious programming twice per day in morning and evening, so Disney own Freeform but they have to follow the requirement that outlined by CBN.

There is question for you - do you know why 700 Club isn't removed? Go figure. That how Fox and Disney struggled with this part.

harry580

but CBN still technically control Freeform with some requirements, especially require to air 700 Club and religious programming twice per day in morning and evening, so Disney own Freeform but they have to follow the requirement that outlined by CBN.

There is question for you - do you know why 700 Club isn't removed? Go figure. That how Fox and Disney struggled with this part.
well fox/disney and saban would buyout cbn contract for the 700 club and remove the 700 club

harry580

but CBN and Pat Robertson said no, so Fox and Disney are stuck with this.
well why did fox and saban bought international family Entertainment in the first place?, and not have fox and saban launch a fox kids channel like the one in Australia, Latin America and europe in the first place

Moe

Review Metabee

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
In January 2002, the FOX Broadcasting Company sold its 4 hour Saturday morning block to 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. Known for adapting popular Anime titles such as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! 4Kids would be responsible for all content development and ad revenue for the block, with Fox itself having little to no involvement. 4Kids used its newly minted "FoxBox" as a vehicle for new Anime properties, several of which became infamous in the anime community for the hacked up editing and censorship 4Kids gave them. But way before 4Kids came into, Fox was already airing anime on its networks.

In the early 2000s, the Fox Kids Network aired several anime shows, most of which were licensed by then-corporate sibling, Saban Entertainment, Inc. Aside from its biggest hit at the time, Digimon: Digital Monsters, Fox Kids aired other shows such as Flint: The Time Detective, DinoZaurs, Escaflowne, Transformers, and Mon Colle Knights. Fox Kids grouped its anime programing into a 2-hour Friday block named "Anime Invasion" in 2000.

It wasn't just Fox Kids either. Fox's ill-fated Fox Family Channel also broadcasted several of the same shows as part of the "Made in Japan" Sunday block, but also added Monster Rancher and the 90s Mega Man series. At the time, Cartoon Network was really the only other channel heavily investing in anime, so Fox Kids and Fox Family were the closest things to alternatives for the 2000s.

As you know, Fox's Family division was purchased by Disney in 2001, leading to the 4Kids deal. If Fox hadn't sold off Fox Family Worldwide, then I think they could've built their anime lineup into a solid Toonami/Adult Swim alternative. I've said this before, but Fox Family had a ton of untapped potential as a network that never actually got utilized.
They messed up with Digimon so hard so much shows got cancelled (For Example. Woody Woodpecker)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

harry580

Yeah, I find it pretty stupid for Freeform to continue airing The 700 Show just because Pat Robertson and co has partial control on the Disney owned channel that prevents the show to be dropped from it permanently.
I mean, pat Robertson no longer owns the channel because he spinned this channel off into a new company called international family Entertainment as pat wanted to focus on broadcast channels but wanted the show remained on the network since its the only cbn programming left after all the related cbn programming dropped over the late 80s to early 90s when cbn cable channel refocused as a family channel

on the topic of looneyfanfan and this thread, could megabots aired on fox family if fox family survived?

Moe

Yeah, I find it pretty stupid for Freeform to continue airing The 700 Show just because Pat Robertson and co has partial control on the Disney owned channel that prevents the show to be dropped from it permanently.
Yes, I can anticipate that Disney likely is going to abandon Freeform few years after Hulu gets rebrand as Star and integrate into Disney+.

I'm wonder if Disney could close Freeform without violation of CBN's agreement.

harry580

Yes, I can anticipate that Disney likely is going to abandon Freeform few years after Hulu gets rebrand as Star and integrate into Disney+.

I'm wonder if Disney could close Freeform without violation of CBN's agreement.
or disney sells freeform back to cbn and rebrand freeform back to cbn cable channel

Moe

or disney sells freeform back to cbn and rebrand freeform back to cbn cable channel
No, it isn't happen because Pat Robertson doesn't want to pay tax and he want to take advantage of tax exempt for nonprofit religious organization.

but Disney could sell Freeform to family friendly Hallmark and I don't know if Hallmark want or not.

If closing isn't mentioned under agreement so it is easier for Disney to close Freeform and put Pat Robertson in tough spot.

Let accept the reality, cable channels are dying.

harry580

but Disney could sell Freeform to family friendly Hallmark and I don't know if Hallmark want or not.
but hey, at least hallmark can change freeform back to being a family channel and perform better than odyssey

Moe

but hey, at least hallmark can change freeform back to being a family channel and perform better than odyssey
I doubt, too much competition in children's channels that lead Hallmark not interest in children programming.

Odyssey has been renamed to Hallmark Channel so they never closed, just name change.

The name doesn't represent to make a perform better, so name is name.

harry580

I wonder if 4kids dubs could still happen on fox kids and family and 4kids tv as a block if fox bought haim saban stake in the joint venture in which fox got the anime dubbing studio

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts