The Jetsons Coming to MeTV

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
MeTv will start airing The Jestons on February 21. It will be airing Sundays at 11:13 A.M.

Not sure if this will include the 80s revival or just the original 24 episodes (which is all that was made for primetime). Even though it was all the same show, their article only makes mention of the original 24 episodes and says "We stick with the Sixties classics".

Last edited:

harry580

I predicted metv would do that

for what version would be I want the 1960s Jetsons, maybe they allow to air the 1980s Jetsons, I mean saved by the bell aired on metv so why not 1980s revival

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Pretty cool, I hope they do episodes from both parts, it's a nice addition though and great match up to our pre-historic family. I wonder if they could/would air the crossover movie, that'd be fun.

Sunnydee

This is great news! I've been enjoying all of the cartoons MeTV has been running and I'm sure this will be another great addition.

I wonder if this is because The Flintstones are successful so far.

Airing once a week is great for the jetsons since they are a 24 episode show too.

I've never seen the show though. Are the 24 episodes from the 60s far superior than any other era for the show?

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Called it! I saw a related bumper earlier (featuring part of the opening for the show) during the first commercial break for tonight's Svengoolie.

Mandouga

At this rate Me TV will be the next Cartoon Network...and I LOVE IT.
MeTV feels like the original Cartoon Network and TBS/TNT put into one.
Um...no.

MeTV is just for classic sitcoms and dramas, and don't say "Toon in With Me/Saturday Morning Cartoons". Along with this, and The Flintstones, The Jetsons is the exception and not the rule.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Sunnydee

Honestly, when looking at some of the Cartoon Network schedules recently, MeTV might be able to have more of a variety of cartoons on their schedule in just a few hours over the weekend than CN does through an entire week.

CN aired 6 shows this week? By the end of the month MeTV will be airing 5? (Popeye, Tom and Jerry Show, Bugs Bunny and Friends, The Flintstones, The Jetsons - not counting Toon in with Me since that includes 3 of these shows)

I like how they're able to concentrate so much variety in so little time. That was always one of my favorite parts of Saturday Mornings.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Um...no.

MeTV is just for classic sitcoms and dramas, and don't say "Toon in With Me/Saturday Morning Cartoons". Along with this, and The Flintstones, The Jetsons is the exception and not the rule.

Um...no.

Don't be so skeptical about it, things do change and evolve. Heck, I'm betting that well see a certain Great Dane someday. Maybe Superfriends.

aegisrawks

I agree with Mandouga. If the channel gets too outside its niche the ratings will go down. Its best that its a minor block here and there. I also agree with nexo that some minor expansions and more cartoons is a good thing.

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Really glad. As really love the old cartoons. And now a new generation can experience what we watch like the Jetsons!

DeanBurrito25

Seems that airing The Flintstones has really worked in Me-TV's favor, what with this and the Saturday morning cartoons block, of course. All of those properties aim to that channel's primary boomer demographic anyways, while pulling "young'uns" in like me who didn't watch the channel all that much before. It's a win-win, especially for those of use who don't have cable.

AnimatedFan01

Dang, someone beat me to it already before I posted about it. Anyways, better copy-paste what I wrote in my thread:

I knew this would happen eventually. Thankfully enough, they've limited the showings to just one episode every Sunday, which is good because I'm not a fan of MeTV spamming their schedule with six airings of the same show every week (looking at you Saved by the Bell and Gilligan's Island; as much as I enjoy watching you guys, I don't want to see six-episode marathons every Sunday, although perhaps it's best for the time being to commemorate Dustin Diamond and Dawn Wells). I also worried that I'd lose my Brady Bunch to a Jetsons marathon, but thankfully that isn't the case. Toon in with Me and Saturday Morning Cartoons already made us lose I Love Lucy, Laverne and Shirley, Bat Masterson, and Trackdown.

I predict MeTV's next cartoon acquirement will be Animaniacs. ;)

Bigawesome2000

Here’s MeTV’s current cartoon schedule:
Weekdays:
7-8am Toon In With Me
6pm The Flintstones

Saturdays:
7-8am Popeye and Pals
8-9am Tom and Jerry
9-10am Bugs Bunny and Friends

Sundays:
10-11:30am The Flintstones
11:30am The Jetsons (beginning Sunday, February 21)

This means MeTV will be showing 12 1/2 hours of cartoons per week from this week on.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Okay, first episode airing, and two things:

1. No Orbittty title card

2. Is it just me, or does George sound somewhat different? Could it be...? (Note that I haven't seen the show that much; apart from the Jet Screamer and Las Venus episodes, the last time I really watched it was nine years ago)

Last edited:

harry580

Okay, first episode airing, and two things:

1. No Orbittty title card

2. Is it just me, or does George sound somewhat different? Could it be...?
maybe they edited it because of copyright issues or they using the 1980s revival or they using the pal version of the Jetsons

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts