Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon and what should it be about?

Trevor

Well Disney (Europe) did a pretty good job on the 67 Spider-man. Now if only that would come out on Blu-Ray. But with X-Men, the episodes were hand coloured, so the color would exist on film, whereas the 94 Spider-Man, or the 2000 X-Men Evolution were digitally coloured, so would they exist, coloured, on film or videotape? Maybe Disney’s European branch needs to get their hands on the film for the 92 X-Men.

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
Sorry it's been a while, but I thought I would share this.
Cal Dodd says that there have been many rumors about a sequel series, though nothing has come to fruition. The original cast and crew say that they would also be interested in doing 12 half hour episodes. Larry Houston says that he would be interested in doing another one-off, a five-part mini-series, or a special a la Rocko's Modern Life.

The Overlord

Will it looks like X-Men TAS will not be returning like some previous articles suggested:

I am surprised, WB is bringing back Batman TAS and X-Men TAS is the second most popular super hero cartoon from that era, I am surprised Disney is not trying to mine that.

Frontier

Staff member
Will it looks like X-Men TAS will not be returning like some previous articles suggested:

I am surprised, WB is bringing back Batman TAS and X-Men TAS is the second most popular super hero cartoon from that era, I am surprised Disney is not trying to mine that.
For the record, that has not been confirmed beyond rumors.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yes, the Batman: TAS revival is still mostly a rumor at this point. There's no telling if or when it would happen, or if it will be B:TAS or just a new show entirely.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Marvel or Disney or whatever, to revive X-Men TAS (or any other of their older shows) just because their rival company is doing this. They don't really seem to be as interested in revisiting previous shows as much as Warner Bros. and from the start it seemed to me Larry Houston and the others simply pitched an idea for an X-Men TAS continuation, it wasn't confirmation such a project will be picked up.

Also, the topic at hand still stands - I think there's a much better chance of another X-Men related animated series to happen before any of the previous shows is revived. This X-Men TAS revival was just part of the discussion here, but the thread can still be used to speculate what direction a new show could go in.

colomb

I don't see how reviving an old show would fit in with Marvel's plans. They would want something that at least indirectly promotes what the movie studio plans for the future. In the case of Warner Bros. Animation, they're mostly marching to the beat of their own drum with occasional movie related content for now.

The Overlord

Yes, the Batman: TAS revival is still mostly a rumor at this point. There's no telling if or when it would happen, or if it will be B:TAS or just a new show entirely.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Marvel or Disney or whatever, to revive X-Men TAS (or any other of their older shows) just because their rival company is doing this. They don't really seem to be as interested in revisiting previous shows as much as Warner Bros. and from the start it seemed to me Larry Houston and the others simply pitched an idea for an X-Men TAS continuation, it wasn't confirmation such a project will be picked up.

Also, the topic at hand still stands - I think there's a much better chance of another X-Men related animated series to happen before any of the previous shows is revived. This X-Men TAS revival was just part of the discussion here, but the thread can still be used to speculate what direction a new show could go in.

Fair enough, regardless of whether its a continuation of TAS or a new X-Men show, they will have to adapt some newer stories that have not been covered yet, while avoiding some of the story pitfalls from recent X-Men stories.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
they will have to adapt some newer stories that have not been covered yet, while avoiding some of the story pitfalls from recent X-Men stories.
If by "newer" you mean getting out of the 80s & early 90s for the first time and not necessarily do the "Ultimate" version.
The comics' biggest pitfall was reducing the mutant population to that core cast to the point of having time-displaced versions of the original 5 members interacting with the current gen. Whoever does the next adaptation has to have a fondness for getting to expand and world build. Probably, not focus on the school so much since Spider-Man already did all that.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Fair enough, regardless of whether its a continuation of TAS or a new X-Men show, they will have to adapt some newer stories that have not been covered yet, while avoiding some of the story pitfalls from recent X-Men stories.
If anything, I really hope they don't adapt Inhumans vs. X-Men at all.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts