"Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine" Spin-off News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks like a "Night Begins to Shine" movie is in development.
Other new movie projects in development include a music-filled live-action comedy created by Michael Poryes (“Hannah Montana,” “That’s So Raven”) entitled “Family Mash-Up,” an animated comedy from Cartoon Network Studios produced by Adam Scott (“Parks and Recreation” and Naomi Scott (“Other People”), as well as “The Amazing World of Gumball Movie,” “Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine” and “Tweety Mysteries.”
EDIT-
From the Press Release. Interestingly enough, they call it a "spin-off series" here...
Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine – In this spinoff series of the Cartoon Network smash hit Teen Titans Go!, Robin, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Starfire journey back to the world of Night Begins to Shine when the musical land falls victim to a sinister new threat. Together the Titans must protect the only key to the world’s salvation, a magical mixtape. Teen Titans Go! Night Begins to Shine is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

Related Links:
-Teen Titans Go! News and Discussion Part 3
-The 4 parter "The Day The Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it was the Day"
-Alternate Ending to "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition"
-The 5 parter "The Night Begins to Shine 2: You're The One"

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
If this is a spinoff series that is going to focus airing on say HBO Max I kind of hope that it goes if not fully serious at least much more of a dramatic and action pack sort of epic series where you have huge bombast song numbers every episode that they put a lot of time and attention into as it's only like 10 something episodes a season and done in an even more hyper detailed style even compared to the normal Night Begins to Shine. Just because of the outlandish insane yet kind of awesome idea of there being a THIRD Teen Titans cartoon series with the same principal cast that's yet another somewhat spinoff but this time around the much sillier show becomes like a more dramatic and meaningful one. I mean the 2000s had it's own TT and 2010's so why not 2020's but this time totally amp up the style in a different direction? Obviously would still play more into TTG but it could still be it's own thing with you know only the occassional crossover or mention. I could see it working honestly.

Neo Ultra Mike

This would be the only spin off that I welcome. I love the TNBTS episodes and the music so on one hand I love it, but on the other, I'm shocked there's more TTG content being made.

I'm not considering how much CN constantly plays that show that CN/HBO Max would think there's more to leech out from the TTG! property then just the current show. I mean really considering Spongebob has one spinoff coming and others in development I get the most popular CN show having other series starting to set up for itself.

Well, kind of a spin off of a spin off of a spin off of Teen Titans. Teen Titans > New Teen Titans > Teen Titans Go! > Teen Titans Go! The Night Begins to Shine.

Yeah TTG! Only came about because of how popular the New Teen Titans shorts were which again were originally just interestials meant to promote DC Nation (which ironically enough TTG getting it's own show that wound up being so popular is what KILLED DC nation thinking about it) that yeah now spawned it's own show which again hope is more dramatic as you can't get really any sillier then TTG.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah TTG! Only came about because of how popular the New Teen Titans shorts were which again were originally just interestials meant to promote DC Nation (which ironically enough TTG getting it's own show that wound up being so popular is what KILLED DC nation thinking about it) that yeah now spawned it's own show which again hope is more dramatic as you can't get really any sillier then TTG.
That only existed because of the original CN Teen Titans cartoon :p.

Neo Ultra Mike

That only existed because of the original CN Teen Titans cartoon :p.

Which was the first DC Cartoon since the forgotten Swamp Thing cartoon to NOT be part of the DC Animated Universe. You know BTAS/STAS/Batman Beyond/JL/JLU etc. Which had been the dominant form of DC in animation for over a decade. It would be too much to say the idea of Teen Titans killed the DCAU especially since it started at the same time as JL right before JLU so the DCAU still had some success but it was the first really popular and successful DC cartoon outside the DCAU since honestly the era of the superfriends and did show the idea of DC cartoons outside of the DCAU could be their own thing. So just like TTG! played a part in how DC cartoons were structured and stylized after it came out (especially ones aimed at kids) TT did as well.
We basically have enough for an evolutionary chart of TT in animation. lol.

Actually we can go further back thinking about it. Not to the old 60 Teen Titans cartoon or the 80's attempt of one, but that the Teen Titans were likely a project still born out of the idea of networks wanting to have animated kids shows that catered to kids which is why Batman Beyond had to have a focus on a younger character taking over the mantle of Batman and Static Shock were green lighted. in fact the original JL pitch pilot for Kids WB had to include teen members (including a female Cyborg) that thankfully weren't restrictions given when CN asked for a JL series but clear they wanted their own teen super hero series thus getting Teen Titans so yeah we can keep digging for ages on how far back TT goes.

More on topic but what are people's hopes for this specific series? Again I'm kind of hoping that this like anti TTG! and they make like only 10 episodes a season or something but put a lot of time and effort and presentation into each ep to make it some kind of spectacle. Like TTG was made to be rushed out with huge season orders of like 52 each so typically a lot of episodes have that really rushed out cheap feel but a more limited show wouldn't have that and again also hoping this is like much more serious. Not Titans gritiness and something that can have some jokes but you know something with arcs and a more overall season structure. Like make it really stick out from the original TTG so that can continue being it's own thing and have this be it's own thing as well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
More on topic but what are people's hopes for this specific series? Again I'm kind of hoping that this like anti TTG! and they make like only 10 episodes a season or something but put a lot of time and effort and presentation into each ep to make it some kind of spectacle. Like TTG was made to be rushed out with huge season orders of like 52 each so typically a lot of episodes have that really rushed out cheap feel but a more limited show wouldn't have that and again also hoping this is like much more serious. Not Titans gritiness and something that can have some jokes but you know something with arcs and a more overall season structure. Like make it really stick out from the original TTG so that can continue being it's own thing and have this be it's own thing as well.
I have been mulling this over. I think it might have been along the line of 10-12 episodes. Perhaps they were doing the TTG season 7 writer's room and naturally the next TNBTS story came up. Since we've seen the TNBTS stories increase in # of episodes with each appearance, they were thinking more than 5. And then maybe Peter Rida Michail or Peggy Regan or even Sam Register saw the potential to just make it a spin off limited series or something. Presumably like DC Nation, there was a call from HBO Max to pitch animated projects to them and this could be one of the early ones they greenlit. I'm curious if this will debut on CN, HBO Max, or both.

Vuxovich

Everyone's reviled cartoon on CN getting a spin-off? That's very outlandish idea. Let's hope The Night Begins to Shine turns better than TTG or kills TTG itself.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Seeing how "The Night Begins to Shine" is considered one of the best things to come out of TTG! I think it's fair for people to be excited about this spin-off, and for it to be entertaining enough.

Orangesilentplanet

Can anybody confirm that WB is doing BOTH Teen Titans Go season 8 and the Teen Titans Go: The Night Begins to Shine spinoff?

--jthree

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts