Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus Nelis

Boomerang UK: Jan 4-10.

1609701421582.png

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Yesterday, like CN Arabic, Boomerang MENA also aired Tom & Jerry Marathon, but it was the theatrical shorts, as of this picture.
I am surprised, but, I know Boomerang MENA did air theatrical T&J shorts sometime recently. Still, it must be the only European feed to still care about these shorts besides UK (now non-European, but still proves my point). I know that Boomerang Australia and Asia still air theatrical Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes shorts from time to time on a regular basis (I may be wrong, though, as I haven't checked what they aired recently).
it's actually the 2012 brand they're using, but they launched about a year before the global rebrand.

Meanwhile, in the UK, it seems they've put an end to their tradition, and they weren't doing a New Years Day Tom & Jerry marathon this year.

Instead, they just carried on with their T&J/Scooby Christmas event.
Now it's time for Boomerang UK to also put an end to the tradition of airing endless Tom and Jerry+Scooby-Doo marathons..... which probably won't happen anytime soon :lol:

Daffyrocks

Boomerang CEE Schedule and Highlights for February 2021

- Another movies marathon will begin this month, called "Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo" (theoretically, the marathon is back for a third time), which will consist of S-D direct-to-video films, TV specials plus some new film premiering on the channel for the first time (or in some cases. for the first time on the WarnerMedia CEE linear TV kids channels). It will start from 6th February and will air every weekend twice, from 10.00 till 12.00 CET and then again from 15.00 till 17.00 CET, all until the end of the month (28th February).
- Another programming block, and a rather very useless one to say the least, will start from 15th February and will air daily from 12.00 till 14.00 CET. It's "Ben 10 - Hero Time" and will consist of an expanded slot of the Ben 10 reboot from the usual 12.00 CET slot to an extra hour. Practically, it's just Ben 10's slot doubled and now with a market name and promotion. Still, why oh why they can't just leave this abomination of the show to remain on CN?!?! They won't plan to merge the feed with the Nordic, Turkey and MENA ones anytime soon, unlike on the CN part, so except to see even more "abnormal" schedule decisions of Boomeranh CEE different from CN! As part of this block the "Ben 10 vs. The Universe" film will also premiere, plus the 44 minutes special "Ben 10,010" which will also premiere on CN CEE in February (on Boomerang, it will be shown one month later).
- New episodes of Lamput (eps 321-330, S3) will start on 8th February, airing daily at 14.40 CET. New episodes will air until 15th February. The shorts, as is usual for Lamput, vary between the lengnt, as some of them are 2-minutes while most will be 5-minutes.
- Continuing with: Let's Play Detective programming block (until 28/02) and Boomerang Playground (ongoing).

- Schedule changes:

• Grizzy and The Lemmings replaces Kingdom Force's second slot at 18.20 CET slot, so the series is back to the Boomerang Playground block again.
  • Be Cool Scooby-Doo's morning airings on weekends will be replaced by the Scooby-Doo films marathon, the same for the afternoon showings at 15.00 CET (along with Tom and Jerry Show). However, there will be times when these two shows will air small filler episodes after the marathon depending of the film's lenghts.
  • Mr. Magoo will be gone from the afternoon schedule from 15th February and it will only remain airing at 20.00 CET, because of the crappy Ben 10 block taking over at 13.00 CET.
  • Lamput will lose its airing slot at 20.40 CET.

(All times CET, changes are bolded; slots marked in jungle green are part of Boomerang Playground; slots marked in bubblegum pink are part of Let's Play Detective; slots marked in glowy green are part of Ben 10 - Hero Time)

06.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
07.00 The Tom and Jerry Show
08.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
08.20 Taffy
09.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series

09.40 Lamput
10.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! / Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (weekends)
11.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! / Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (weekends)
12.00 Ben 10 (reboot) / Ben 10 - Hero Time (from 15/02)
13.00 Mr. Magoo (2019) / Ben 10 - Hero Time (from 15/02)
14.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
14.40 Lamput
15.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! / Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (weekends)
16.00 The Tom and Jerry Show / Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (weekends)
17.00 Alice and Lewis
17.20 Pat the Dog
18.00 Kingdom Force
18.20 Grizzy and The Lemmings
19.00 Mighty Mike
19.20 Baby Looney Tunes

20.00 Mr. Magoo (2019)
21.00 New Looney Tunes
22.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
23.00 My Knight and Me
00.00 Taffy
01.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
02.00 Pat The Dog
03.00 My Knight and Me
04.00 Taffy
05.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings

• Informative
Reactions: CNC

Daffyrocks

Boomerang CEE February 2021 Premieres Info

Scooby-Doo: The Mystery Begins
07/02 - 10.00 CET

Lamput
08/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E21 - "Lamput & The Elephant"
09/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E22 - "Skinny Monster"
10/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E23 + S3E25 - "Memory Loss" / "Basketball"
11/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E24 - "Sleepwalking"
12/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E26 + S3E28 - "Zoom Oil" / "Witch"
13/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E27 - "Doc & The Thief"
14/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E29 - "The Reward"
15/02 - 14.40 CET - S3E30 - "Fashion Show"
(yeah, it looks like now, the Excel schedules finally started showing the episodes names for Lamput too, unlike before)

Scooby-Doo: Camp Scare
13/02 - 10.00 CET

Scooby-Doo: Legend of the Phantosaur
14/02 - 10.00 CET

Ben 10 vs. The Universe
19/02 - 12.00 CET

Scooby-Doo and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery
20/02 - 10.00 CET

Scooby-Doo: Shaggy's Showdown
27/02 - 10.00 CET

Scooby-Doo: WrestleMania Mistery
28/02 - 10.00 CET

• Informative
Reactions: CNC

thetellyweb

TellyToon
- Continuing with: Let's Play Detective programming block (until 28/02) and Boomerang Playground (ongoing).

slots marked in bubblegum pink are part of Let's Play Detective

07.00 The Tom and Jerry Show
08.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
08.20 Taffy
09.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series

Not getting a Detective feel on this. I mean, Tom & Jerry Show have detective themed episodes, but the rest seem out of place. Would've thought they'd throw in Scooby, or maybe an obscure program that's relevant.

Daffyrocks

Not getting a Detective feel on this. I mean, Tom & Jerry Show have detective themed episodes, but the rest seem out of place. Would've thought they'd throw in Scooby, or maybe an obscure program that's relevant.
it's not about the episodes which are about detective themes. There are bumpers and segments in-between episodes with that little girl character who "solves cases"....

J10

This week, a new block has recently came to Boomerang MENA called Ace & Friends. It included New Looney Tunes, Mr. Bean, The Tom & Jerry Show, and Scooby Doo.

On December, the channel told their viewers to vote for the new name for the puppy, and it’s confirmed that Ace will officially be the name for the mascot of the block aired this week.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
This week, a new block has recently came to Boomerang MENA called Ace & Friends. It included New Looney Tunes, Mr. Bean, The Tom & Jerry Show, and Scooby Doo.

On December, the channel told their viewers to vote for the new name for the puppy, and it’s confirmed that Ace will officially be the name for the mascot of the block aired this week.

On BM CEE, Ace & Friends block contains series for pre-schoolers.

J10

On BM CEE, Ace & Friends block contains series for pre-schoolers.
OK! So, the block was also aired on the channel as you have said. I thought it's different in blocks, because there is a block on Boomerang CEE called Boomerang Playground, which contains Baby Looney Tunes, Pat the Dog, and Grizzy and the Lemmings.

Why not they bring back Cartoonito to the channel instead, since both CN Arabic (Originally aired from 2011 until 2014; returned back on Mar/Apr 2019) and CN Turkey (aired in 2018/2019) are currently airing it?

Last edited:

thetellyweb

TellyToon
I don't know if it's someone from the forum or not, but I keep getting comments on my YouTube videos, asking to reupload the old ident videos, listing different countries, etc.

Please stop.

Francisque

Apparently, Boomerang CEE, in. April, will say goodbye to the "two parts back-to-back" at the top of the hour structure

The schedule will still be composed of a "60 minutes" blocks based schedule, most of the time but they'll put a break in the middle, before the second part (or episode 2) of that show, or eventually less often, another show

Currently, Boom CEE has two 21-minutes blocks one after the other with no separation, and a LOT of adverts and promos, basically from :42 to :59 right after, except between 00:00 and 06:00, where they have 5 11-minutes (since they have no adverts overnight)

From April, there'll be two 30 minutes blocks, which will naturally permit them to much better spread the adverts and the promos, and have a pause between the two 21-mins block or the two shows (at either :25 or :30)

Much better I'd say, this goes back before the crazy scheduling decision made by the German team to have all the adverts, breaks, fillers before the top of the hour! Maybe, soon they'll also understand, having a 60-minute block of the same show all the time, definitely impoverishes the schedule, and makes it highly repetitive..

Last edited:
Reactions: J10

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I wonder if the pre-school shows will now move to Cartoon Network across Europe (except for the UK and Italy). Then what will happen with Boomerang?

J10

I wonder if the pre-school shows will now move to Cartoon Network across Europe (except for the UK and Italy). Then what will happen with Boomerang?
I guess if Boomerang didn’t want to air pre-school programming like the 2011 time, during the Cartoonito Era between 2011 and 2014 in Europe, and in present times where Masha and the Bear, Mighty Mike, and Pat the Dog were aired on the channel in each place, Boomerang would become a dedicated channel for acquired programming like Grizzy and the Lemmings, Kingdom Force, and Mr. Magoo, WB shows like Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry, etc., and ended shows only.

Another prediction, some Boomerang versions might be replaced by either a CN +1 channel, or to replace it with the European Version of CN Arabic, or might rebrand and become Boing (For example, DStv in Africa would replace Boomerang Africa with Boing Africa), or even replace it in Eastern Europe with Toonami.

Some feeds might shutdown and merge with Cartoon Network, and its programs will be aired during weekends in the morning.

Francisque

Or much more likely, things will stay more or less intact.

US and Europe are two very different markets, Boomerang in the US js barely known as a channel due to it being on higher packages and due to weird carriage agreements (or lack of) in many operators.
Different to Europe, or at least most of it.

And no , why should they especially replace Boomerang with CN Arabic?
Boomerang Is an established brand

Boomerang (or Cartonito) will be likely used as an outlet for preschooler shows instead of CN at some times of the day.

And Boomerang isn't exactly a completely preschooler channel, not yet at least

J10

Or much more likely, things will stay more or less intact.

US and Europe are two very different markets, Boomerang in the US js barely known as a channel due to it being on higher packages and due to weird carriage agreements (or lack of) in many operators.
Different to Europe, or at least most of it.

And no , why should they especially replace Boomerang with CN Arabic?
Boomerang Is an established brand

Boomerang (or Cartoonito) will be likely used as an outlet for preschooler shows instead of CN at some times of the day.

And Boomerang isn't exactly a completely preschooler channel, not yet at least
My prediction might have the concept of Disney XD closure, or another thing, which is replacing the channel by others ones. For example, replace it with Toonami in some markets, while for packages on Hotbird, they’ll get CN Arabic (being available for free with Arabic stations on Hotbird) and Toonami instead.

Also, there is Boing Africa, preschool shows would be moved to the channel, and Boomerang on DStv would be replaced by Boing, and would be the new home of WB Shows and also pre-school programming (Cartoonito).

Some markets would not find replacements, so they ditched the channel for good, and content will be moved to CN directly in the morning (e.g at 6:00 AM).

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I don't think WarnerMedia is interested in launching new channels in Europe. They are not even interested in giving CN Finnish and Greek audiotracks even though all shows are dubbed. I think they would rather close down Boomerang than rebrand it to Toonami. CN is there to stay though.

Reactions: J10

RegularCapital

Staff member
I think Cartoonito will make a comeback to Boomerang across Europe (with obvious exceptions to the UK and Italy), Boomerang's demographic in terms of age (ages 4-8) slightly overlaps with Cartoonito. I think the comeback will be better than the first time, mainly because of original programming, it will also help to improve Cartoonito UK and Italy as well. In the UK (and likely a lot of other markets), Boomerang is known to perform as well as Nickelodeon, although Nick Jr outperforms near enough everyone.

International versions of Cartoon Network are helped by the fact HBO Max originals are also airing on the channel, which is not the case on CN USA, which is likely why such a block was created to give the CN channel more purpose.

Toonami France has gone down a more adult path and is not a kids channel anymore, with it effectively merging with Adult Swim (it's pretty much CNX revived), if Toonami was to be rolled out across Europe it would have to incorporate Adult Swim, also it will involve getting the rights to anime programming in each new market and in some markets there don't seem to be an appetite for such content as streaming is considered the norm.

Last edited:

J10

I think Cartoonito will make a comeback to Boomerang across Europe (with obvious exceptions to the UK and Italy), Boomerang's demographic in terms of age (ages 4-8) slightly overlaps with Cartoonito. I think the comeback will be better than the first time, mainly because of original programming, it will also help to improve Cartoonito UK and Italy as well. In the UK (and likely a lot of other markets), Boomerang is known to perform as well as Nickelodeon, although Nick Jr outperforms near enough everyone.

International versions of Cartoon Network are helped by the fact HBO Max originals are also airing on the channel, which is not the case on CN USA, which is likely why such a block was created to give the CN channel more purpose.

Toonami France has gone down a more adult path and is not a kids channel anymore, with it effectively merging with Adult Swim (it's pretty much CNX revived), if Toonami was to be rolled out across Europe it would have to incorporate Adult Swim, also it will involve getting the rights to anime programming in each new market and in some markets there don't seem to be an appetite for such content as streaming is considered the norm.
Let’s see what will happen. As they mentioned that the block will be on CN, and won’t of course mention that the block will be Boomerang at all, unless if Cartoonito is officially returning back to most Europe, starting with CEE, where they’re currently airing Boomerang Playground.

I was wondering if they’ll face closure like Disney XD, as preschool shows and third programming like Grizzy and the Lemmings might move to CN in some markets, or rebrand the channel in some markets to Boing or Toonami, as Cartoonito block might be on CN if it expanded Internationally again, because of being aired on CN Arabic and CN Turkey, and later on CN in the US.

Last edited:

Moleoman

Boomerang UK April 2007 continuity during Magical Barbie and Bratz weekend - including the DVD release info based on up-next bumpers at 10:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts