"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
True. Maybe he's gonna play a MCU version of President Biden.
I never thought of it but... yeah, considering how he looked as old man Steve, he could absolutely pull that off.

I kind of have a hard time believing there was nothing to it. Deadline is a fairly reliable source. I'm not saying he's going to become Cap full time again, but I could see him having cameos here and there, especially since he didn't die at the end of Endgame.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I never thought of it but... yeah, considering how he looked as old man Steve, he could absolutely pull that off.

I kind of have a hard time believing there was nothing to it. Deadline is a fairly reliable source. I'm not saying he's going to become Cap full time again, but I could see him having cameos here and there, especially since he didn't die at the end of Endgame.
Idk, the only other thing that comes to mind is maybe What If? got renewed for a season 2 already?

the greenman

Saw that forever ago. Now with the established characters in play, we can see some things play out. Still gotta see how they'll do these characters maybe Richard first.

Was not shocked by the news, but now I can kinda see Marvel is seriously well thought out. My personal opinion and belief they have to show Steve/Cap in the past to establish he could be a Skrull or not. My personal desire is to go back to WW2 with maybe the Invaders. If we get Namor soon now we can see that. Maybe even tease Logan. Now if this is on TF/WS then, it would make sense. I just want an Invaders film though. Probably will NEVER happen.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, they probably don't want to delay it too much before Holland ages too much. Strike while the iron is hot :p.
Well, they can continue with Holland as Peter in his 20s, 30s, so on without recasting with an older actor granted Sony and all that works out.

the greenman

They simply need to stop playing Holland as a weird geeky kid (we have Star Lord for that). They need to start maturing him slowly. As they have been with basically copying his Tony Stark ways. However, let's not make the same mistake as the older S-M films.

Personally, with the lack of the Bugle team they are not concentrating too much on Peter's personality with others. They've given him a bff in Ned and have created a group of teen foils including Flash who I simply don't believe will go too far in this franchise. Of course "MJ" as the love interest for some reason.

Right now, I'm betting Feige wants to get him out of school and have him be in charge of his own labs. I hope not. There are far too many stories and characters to concentrate on in the interim. Goblin and Doc Ock in particular are very important to Peter's future.
WEB Open House Goes Haywire

Embark on an action-packed adventure alongside the amazing Spider-Man! When Peter Parker’s helpful but otherwise buggy Spider-Bots get stuck in replication mode and escape from a WEB Workshop, Spider-Man must stop the rampaging robots before they wreak total techno-havoc across Avengers Campus. Problem is, they’re rapidly leveling up and becoming tough to beat!
Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They simply need to stop playing Holland as a weird geeky kid (we have Star Lord for that). They need to start maturing him slowly. As they have been with basically copying his Tony Stark ways. However, let's not make the same mistake as the older S-M films.

Personally, with the lack of the Bugle team they are not concentrating too much on Peter's personality with others. They've given him a bff in Ned and have created a group of teen foils including Flash who I simply don't believe will go too far in this franchise. Of course "MJ" as the love interest for some reason.

Right now, I'm betting Feige wants to get him out of school and have him be in charge of his own labs. I hope not. There are far too many stories and characters to concentrate on in the interim. Goblin and Doc Ock in particular are very important to Peter's future.

1/19: Yeah, well, I figured the 2nd trilogy would be the college years but after FFH and what's transpiring in the 3rd one in terms of rumors and news, idk what could be next at this point.

1/27: Rumors of a Punisher project with Bernthal to reprise, "but does not heavily reference the events we saw in either Daredevil or The Punisher. Even though the same actor will be back, it should likely function as totally accessible for any viewers who are just being introduced to the character as well. In effect, this will be a reboot."

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
1/27: Rumors of a Punisher project with Bernthal to reprise, "but does not heavily reference the events we saw in either Daredevil or The Punisher. Even though the same actor will be back, it should likely function as totally accessible for any viewers who are just being introduced to the character as well. In effect, this will be a reboot."
Blade is one thing, but the Punisher is a whole 'other beast in the Disney MCU :sweat:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts