"DC Animation on Max (Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

I'm not getting excited. I would have to see what it is exactly. Could be anything from a movie, a mini-series, or a retrospective documentary (film or mini-series in style of "The Last Dance"). If it is a straight out reboot like they keep saying, then can it possibly have the same style. Timm often said that was a lot of work, especially on that black backgrounds.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

iammattie

I'm thinking if Smith knows something here then it's a pretty sure fire thing. His Masters of the Universe cast includes Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill (not to mention other DCAU talent like Susan Eisenberg and Phil LaMarr). It very likely came up in conversation during MOTU production.

Another slight connection is that Eric Carassco is on MOTU's writing staff, which doesn't say much, but I'd hope that he'll be involved after his involvement with JLvF5 being the best of these recent DCAU revivals.

Last edited:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
He did say the SAME source told him about 'Batman: Soul of the Dragon' long before it was announced. Therefore, I doubt it was Hamill or Conroy that spilled the beans. Why would they bring that up when they have nothing to do with it.

Sounds like it's very early days as there was no hint of the crew involved. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ShadowStar

Well, if he said that in maybe 2018 and kept doing him three more times, he might be saying he simply won't be doing him much longer. They really do need to look on from now on.

He "retired" from the role of the Joker when the Arkham City video game was released, if I'm not mistaken. Wasn't that in 2011? And then of course, he returned for The Killing Joke in 2016, and went on to do Justice League Action and (as SweetShop209 noted) Scooby Doo Guess Who? so it's safe to say that he's "back in the game".

GrantM

In regards to a 30th anniversary Batman TAS project........who is still around outside of Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. In terms of VAs, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are still around. You could have Tara Strong pull double duty as both Batgirl and Harley Quinn (or triple as Poison Ivy if need be). Loren Lester is still around given he reprised Nightwing in Batman And Harley Quinn Robert Costanza as well as Bullock............thats all I know really

Frontier

Staff member
He "retired" from the role of the Joker when the Arkham City video game was released, if I'm not mistaken. Wasn't that in 2011? And then of course, he returned for The Killing Joke in 2016, and went on to do Justice League Action and (as SweetShop209 noted) Scooby Doo Guess Who? so it's safe to say that he's "back in the game".
There was also the Arkham Knight game and a few Robot Chicken sketches :).

the greenman

In regards to a 30th anniversary Batman TAS project........who is still around outside of Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. In terms of VAs, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are still around. You could have Tara Strong pull double duty as both Batgirl and Harley Quinn (or triple as Poison Ivy if need be). Loren Lester is still around given he reprised Nightwing in Batman And Harley Quinn Robert Costanza as well as Bullock............thats all I know really
Alan Burnett is around but I think retired. Eric Radomski is still around. The cast will be kinda hard to get back together. Alfred and Gordon will especially be missed. Only a few villains VA's are around if they even want to be bothered.

Dreyfus

I really hope these rumors of a BTAS revival aren't true. We really really really don't need it and based on recent DCAU projects it won't be the same. They were still good though don't get me wrong but just let it be. Don't do it.
I disagree. Even if it's bad, that in no way changes what came before. There are only upsides here.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If Brainiac Attacks, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Batman & Harley couldn't do it, I think BTAS's legacy is quite safe.
We disagree. I respect your opinions that you've shared here even though I don't agree with some of them. I did not like any of these 3 movies. I think it's best we just leave it at that. Agree to disagree.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
We really don’t need a DCAU revival. The reason none or the movies tainted the legacy of BTAS is the same reason nobody is preaching their names, they did not matter. They were bland and did very poorly with fans.

In the era of streaming anime, with shows like My Hero Academia and Attack on titan doing as well as they do, it’s insane to me that WB isn’t making any series based on any of their solo or team properties that follows a serialized format. There’s Young Justice, but season 3 really tempered a lot of interest in that show

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts