I Learned Something Today

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Little Debbie is a real person. She was related to the people who owned the bakery, & they decided to use her picture to market 12-packs of oatmeal cream pies. The company is still family owned, & she works there as a Vice President.

pacman000

"There was a Jurassic Park script where John Hammond killed by a Velociraptor in the control room. Dr. Grant enters the room and sees his last moment. At the same time, there's a fallen egg that hatches. Dr. Grant holds it, and a baby Triceratops comes out. Life and death framed in the ruins of Jurassic Park. "

Source: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxaebiIujyDM4tfdYR4AaABCQ

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
After Disney bought Fox Family, they originally planned to rebrand the network as XYZ since ABC Family was intended to be a temporary rebrand but eventually discarded it, though XYZ would be repurposed as a block on the network (now Freeform).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Fernanda Montenegro remains the only actor or actress from a Portuguese speaking country to have been nominated for an Oscar as she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress in 1999 for her role in the Brazilian drama film Central Station.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Babylon 5 was originally going to be followed by Babylon Prime before J. Michael Straczynski decided to merge the series into B5 since he felt the story arc planned for the proposed sequel would work well as part of the show's five-season plan.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Steven Spielberg was originally going to direct Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and originally envisioned it as a CGI animated film but it wasn't the direction that both Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling wanted to take, so he left to do A.I. Artificial Intelligence and Chris Columbus replaced him as director.

Last edited:

pacman000

Tokyo Disneyland had a haunted walkthrough in their castle. The plot of The Black Cauldron played a major part, with the Horned King appearing at the attraction's climax, saying that he planned to sacrifice guests to the cauldron to raise an army of the dead.

pacman000

Belk Department Stores & Cici’s Pizza filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Before Meridian, Pearson, Warburg Pincus and CLT won the bid to launch Channel 5, other companies who had similar bids to launch said channel were Columbia Tristar (now Sony Pictures), Thames Television, UKTV (not that UKTV), which was a joint venture from then-Global Television Network owner Canwest, Scandinavian Broadcast System SA and SelectTV Plc (later Carlton Select), Virgin Group (pre-Virgin Media), New Century Television, which was a Sky/Granada joint venture with partial ownership from Goldman Sachs, Polygram, Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Group, Hoare Govett and Kinnevik that ultimately became Granada Sky Broadcasting, Time Warner and Associated Newspapers (now DMG Media).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts