Upcoming Star Trek Films News and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Freddy

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
The novelty/fun of Tarantino directed Star Trek movie kinda wouldn't be there anyway, if he brought it down (so to speak) to a more familiar territory for him. But, alternatively, it could be neat, if they found someone who can both do a more colorful space adventure and ape Tarantino's style, mixing and contrasting them.
Tarantino's style is that he spends most of his movies on character interactions before the big confetti party at the end.
Star Trek definitely prides itself in drawn-out conversation. So, in whatever capacity Tarantino is steering the ship, this should fit like a glove.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
It was only a matter of time before a Star Trek movie had all original characters.

There was never going to be Prime Timeline movies featuring the casts of Deep Space Nine, Voyager, or Enterprise (some of which are now deceased so it would be disrespectful to do so, even without considering that it has been 15 years since the last of these three, Enterprise, aired its last episode).

If they do decide to expand the Kelvin Timeline in the future, it will be with the characters of TNG and the three series mentioned above as far as theatrical films, though a TV series with original characters could exist in the Kelvin Timeline.

The captain for this new Trek film should be played by Lucas Till. Each movie-exclusive ship crew would probably sign on for 5 movies.

After Till, the next captain should be played by Mike Colter.

Of the series that have launched or will launch after 2016, the only one I don't see getting a movie is Picard. This is because Patrick Stewart is now 80, and I think he will retire from live-action acting after the show concludes, which will probably do so after 3 seasons, if he's still even alive then (there have been cases where a show has had to be cancelled because of a star's death).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hawley said his script questions how our present society grew into the United Federation of Planets' ideals, examining humanity's role in the origin of the utopian interstellar society introduced in Star Trek canon, and challenge that utopia's continued existence.

PF9

Chris Pine is still hopeful that a fourth ST Kelvin timeline film will happen someday.
Time to move on from original series Kelvin movies, especially since one of the actors is no longer with us.

I figure there should be a Kelvin movie for TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT and then that will do it for Kelvin in terms of movies. Perhaps they can further expand Kelvin with TV shows.

the greenman

Time to move on from original series Kelvin movies, especially since one of the actors is no longer with us.

I figure there should be a Kelvin movie for TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT and then that will do it for Kelvin in terms of movies. Perhaps they can further expand Kelvin with TV shows.
I think they consistently started getting worse. It took me awhile to really come to terms with the fact Star Trek is just not suited for the theatrical market. The first film was pretty good for a tribute film, but as you can see they really had no idea how to handle it.

The fact Abrams straight out said he wasn't a fan, cemented the fact it does not belong in theaters. Now my personal opinion is IF they really wanted to do a Star Trek film, it should be treated as an almost season finale style. Brand new crew, brand new ship, alternative stories that had nothing to do with Picard and Kirk, and was now after all of them. 10 episodes a season and 1 film approximately 6 months after seasons end. Keep the 5 year mission, and end it. But what do I know.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I think they consistently started getting worse. It took me awhile to really come to terms with the fact Star Trek is just not suited for the theatrical market. The first film was pretty good for a tribute film, but as you can see they really had no idea how to handle it.
The one that JJ Abrams didn't direct was the best one yet simply because Justin Lin understood that you can actually have the crew go on their own little adventures and make it feel like a true ensemble, even if he was still working within this revamped Star Wars-y Star Trek.

Freddy

The one that JJ Abrams didn't direct was the best one yet simply because Justin Lin understood that you can actually have the crew go on their own little adventures and make it feel like a true ensemble, even if he was still working within this revamped Star Wars-y Star Trek.

And, IMO, even more important was that it wasn't written by Orci and Kurtzman, though yes, Lin was better suited for the franchise than Abrams.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I beg to differ. I'd be fine with one more Kelvin film to conclude the saga.
The Kelvin timeline was referenced in Discovery plus there's no need for a Kelvin version of Enterprise considering that said series took place a century before The Original Series and the 2009 film.
Honestly, I'm quite optimistic on this.
And, IMO, even more important was that it wasn't written by Orci and Kurtzman, though yes, Lin was better suited for the franchise than Abrams.
Which is why I consider The Wrath of Khan, First Contact and Beyond as the best per series.

PF9

I feel that making a Kelvin TOS movie without Anton Yelchin would be disrespectful.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I feel that making a Kelvin TOS movie without Anton Yelchin would be disrespectful.
Disrespectful nothing. That's like saying that making The Rise of Skywalker without Carrie Fisher would be disrespectful. Chekov wasn't the lead protagonist at all. Kirk and Spock are.

PF9

We have a general thread for upcoming films.

We should have one for TV series too.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
We have a general thread for upcoming films.

We should have one for TV series too.
There's already one, it's linked in the opening post of this thread-

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts