TALKBACK - The Amazing World of Gumball - "Gumball Chronicles: Ancestor Act" [11/21]

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Episode 6

Saturday November 21st

Gumball Chronicles: Ancestor Act
Premieres
SATURDAY 11/21 at 9:15 AM

This week...
When Gumball's sister Anais researches the Watterson family tree, she uncovers a long history of nonsense.​

thomas2313412

I hate to be rude but when will they release the movie to conclude the series ,all they show us a clip show miniseries

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I hate to be rude but when will they release the movie to conclude the series ,all they show us a clip show miniseries
Well the clip show being discussed in this talkback is the sixth in the Gumball Chronicles mini-series, and there are 8 in said mini-series. But now that said clip show just aired, there are now only two clip shows left in this mini-series. Hopefully, the movie will be announced soon, when Gumball Chronicles has concluded.

thomas2313412

Well the clip show being discussed in this talkback is the sixth in the Gumball Chronicles mini-series, and there are 8 in said mini-series. But now that said clip show just aired, there are now only two clip shows left in this mini-series. Hopefully, the movie will be announced soon, when Gumball Chronicles has concluded.
I hope so

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Again it's pretty clear CN is doing all it can to try and delay the Amazing World of Gumball's ending as the network obviously isn't ready for the show to end. Since yeah once the movie airs the show will be fully over and CN doesn't really air reruns of shows that are fully done yet it's still such a cornerstone of their line up they still need to air reruns of it. So yeah though there are two officially announced clip shows coming I wouldn't be surprised if they tried finding more ways to delay the finale of this show more then they already have until there's actually another show aorund they can fully use to replace it.

thomas2313412

Again it's pretty clear CN is doing all it can to try and delay the Amazing World of Gumball's ending as the network obviously isn't ready for the show to end. Since yeah once the movie airs the show will be fully over and CN doesn't really air reruns of shows that are fully done yet it's still such a cornerstone of their line up they still need to air reruns of it. So yeah though there are two officially announced clip shows coming I wouldn't be surprised if they tried finding more ways to delay the finale of this show more then they already have until there's actually another show aorund they can fully use to replace it.

They could have at least announce the date of the real finale or in this case the finale movie before they end the series instead of giving us clip shows and they should release the update on when the movie will be completed

Neo Ultra Mike

Uh what part of "they don't want the series to end and are doing everything they can to delay the ending" don't you get? Announcing the date of the movie or it's progress gives a public indication more as to when Gumball will be wrapping up which CN is pretty desperate not to have happen yet. Since again when a show ends and has no more episodes or is fully wrapped up on CN nowadays they don't play it anymore at all. Which granted didn't always use to be the case but certainly has been in the last few years and as I said they are not yet ready to stop playing Gumball. Thus they'll delay it likely as long as they can until they either have something that can more replace it or have no choice but to show the finale movie and close out the show for good.

whoisretro

Uh what part of "they don't want the series to end and are doing everything they can to delay the ending" don't you get? Announcing the date of the movie or it's progress gives a public indication more as to when Gumball will be wrapping up which CN is pretty desperate not to have happen yet. Since again when a show ends and has no more episodes or is fully wrapped up on CN nowadays they don't play it anymore at all. Which granted didn't always use to be the case but certainly has been in the last few years and as I said they are not yet ready to stop playing Gumball. Thus they'll delay it likely as long as they can until they either have something that can more replace it or have no choice but to show the finale movie and close out the show for good.
Cartoon Network doesn't have to "delay the finale" or anything like that, they own the show so they can just give it another season which is what's probably gonna happen sooner or later.

Neo Ultra Mike

That was the plan for awhile but it fell apart for Cartoon Network. Now we don't really know the full details of the story but we do know that Gumball creator Ben Bocquelet wanted to end the show after the sixth season feeling he had pushed the series as far as it could go and really only wanted to follow it up with a movie. This was his thoughts back in 2018 and far as we know still his thoughts. It's something he discussed with CN who respected his decision but still wanted more Gumball so there were more plans to continue on without him. However for whatever reason those plans fell through. I think someone at CN realized that the show wouldn't really work without Bocquelet and his crew really behind it especially when they had promised him a movie that he wanted to wrap up the show. Thus kind of putting them in a corner where they couldn't regularly continue Gumball so now have to put out these delay clip show specials and try to figure out what to do until the finale movie airs. I guess CN could still get a new crew to try doing a spinoff or something like that but... I feel if they had thought of that as an option they would of announced it. I mean the We Bare Bears spinoff was announced before the WBB movie that concluded that series was announced so the same would be true for Gumball I'd imagine.

whoisretro

That was the plan for awhile but it fell apart for Cartoon Network. Now we don't really know the full details of the story but we do know that Gumball creator Ben Bocquelet wanted to end the show after the sixth season feeling he had pushed the series as far as it could go and really only wanted to follow it up with a movie. This was his thoughts back in 2018 and far as we know still his thoughts. It's something he discussed with CN who respected his decision but still wanted more Gumball so there were more plans to continue on without him. However for whatever reason those plans fell through. I think someone at CN realized that the show wouldn't really work without Bocquelet and his crew really behind it especially when they had promised him a movie that he wanted to wrap up the show. Thus kind of putting them in a corner where they couldn't regularly continue Gumball so now have to put out these delay clip show specials and try to figure out what to do until the finale movie airs. I guess CN could still get a new crew to try doing a spinoff or something like that but... I feel if they had thought of that as an option they would of announced it. I mean the We Bare Bears spinoff was announced before the WBB movie that concluded that series was announced so the same would be true for Gumball I'd imagine.
Cartoon Network has continued shows without their creators many times and shows like The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab didn't really work without their creators but they continued on anyway so I think the same will happen with Gumball and also not too long ago the Gumball creator said on Twitter that he was still trying to get the movie greenlit which means Cartoon Network seems to be not too interested in doing a movie finale for Gumball and also the constant airtime Gumball gets to the point where it's the network's most aired show seems to mean there's more coming also.

thomas2313412

I think I rather choose the latter

Cartoon Network has continued shows without their creators many times and shows like The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab didn't really work without their creators but they continued on anyway so I think the same will happen with Gumball and also not too long ago the Gumball creator said on Twitter that he was still trying to get the movie greenlit which means Cartoon Network seems to be not too interested in doing a movie finale for Gumball and also the constant airtime Gumball gets to the point where it's the network's most aired show seems to mean there's more coming also.
Hmm, in this current age,I don't think so though it was rarely used for Clarence

whoisretro

I think I rather choose the latter

Hmm, in this current age,I don't think so though it was rarely used for Clarence
In this current age it hasn't really happened because all they really need is TTG and Gumball and everything else can just end when they want or when they cancel them.

thomas2313412

In this current age it hasn't really happened because all they really need is TTG and Gumball and everything else can just end when they want or when they cancel them.
Well for warner bros animation,it is upto them to decide if they want to end teen titans go whether its 2021 or 2022 as for gumball if cartoon network understands that viewers had enough of clip shows and if they want new content without Ben's involvement then they will,maybe or end the series with a finale movie

Neo Ultra Mike

The continuations of PPG and Dexter's Lab (ignoring 2016 PPG which si a reboot not continuation) were failures that only temporaily extended the live of those series and were not seen as hits by anyone. Thus since then CN either ends a show if it just winds up flopping or when the creative lead feels it is time to end. Unless there's a scandal involved like say Clarence. Granted there are some exceptions here and there and yeah CN has the option of always continuing without the creator which is what Ben hinted at happening after he said a couple of eyars back he was personally done with Gumball. However then the show was said to be ending outright but had a door open for something to happen afterwards but we've had no confirmation on what exactly that is. I do think it's the movie (as Ben could just be under orders from CN not to talk about working on it) or there could just be talks about wanting to do more episodes without the original team but still having them eventually come in to do a movie. Either way it's clear CN is now just stalling and wants to just keep airing Gumball either way. Though technically Teen Titans Go! is CN's most aired show Gumball is easily the second and also the full on "original" that they get full ownership rights while obviously TTG they have to share some with DC.

thomas2313412

The continuations of PPG and Dexter's Lab (ignoring 2016 PPG which si a reboot not continuation) were failures that only temporaily extended the live of those series and were not seen as hits by anyone. Thus since then CN either ends a show if it just winds up flopping or when the creative lead feels it is time to end. Unless there's a scandal involved like say Clarence. Granted there are some exceptions here and there and yeah CN has the option of always continuing without the creator which is what Ben hinted at happening after he said a couple of eyars back he was personally done with Gumball. However then the show was said to be ending outright but had a door open for something to happen afterwards but we've had no confirmation on what exactly that is. I do think it's the movie (as Ben could just be under orders from CN not to talk about working on it) or there could just be talks about wanting to do more episodes without the original team but still having them eventually come in to do a movie. Either way it's clear CN is now just stalling and wants to just keep airing Gumball either way. Though technically Teen Titans Go! is CN's most aired show Gumball is easily the second and also the full on "original" that they get full ownership rights while obviously TTG they have to share some with DC.
Maybe its best cartoon network will allow Ben to finish the series with a movie rather than continue with too many clips shows.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts