Ren And Stimpy Reboot For Comedy Central

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd be honestly pretty happy if they actually shelved the project. I know that some fans were happy about it, but I felt bad for all of the women who spoke out against John K. and didn't like the idea of them having to see his creations everywhere again. Even without his involvement or paying him any money, I'm sure it would still be kind of upsetting to say the least to see new images of Ren and Stimpy.

Plus, it looked pretty bad to reboot this show instead of relying on another brand that wasn't created by a massive sexual harassing and grooming creep. I think that there would be better choices for more adult animated comedies than rebooting Ren and Stimpy at this point. It still could go either way, so I'm not saying that it is definitely shelved, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened.

harry580

so they made a random annoucment on comedy central at the timing that comedy central wants to be like fxx and adult swim where they show adult animation shows, but i wonder if something like ren and stimpy aired, the adult animation direction for comedy central is going to crash and burn like what happen to spike tv animation block after they aired the adult animated ren and stimpy and yes i going to get someone saying that john k played a role in the adult animated show but the truth is that adult ren & stimpy is the reason why spike tv given up on adult animation in 2004

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
so they made a random annoucment on comedy central at the timing that comedy central wants to be like fxx and adult swim where they show adult animation shows, but i wonder if something like ren and stimpy aired, the adult animation direction for comedy central is going to crash and burn like what happen to spike tv animation block after they aired the adult animated ren and stimpy and yes i going to get someone saying that john k played a role in the adult animated show but the truth is that adult ren & stimpy is the reason why spike tv given up on adult animation in 2004

It wasn't just APC. All of Spike's cartoons were bad. They were boring, ugly, and borderline unwatchable.
At around this time, Comedy Central was also trying a block of their own. However, it mainly consisted of off-network shows like Duckman, Dilbert, Clerks, Gary & Mike, etc.
Let's just say CC had the better block, even if it had very few actual premieres. (We also got to see the remaining episodes of Clerks that ABC didn't air, so that's cool.)

harry580

It wasn't just APC. All of Spike's cartoons were bad. They were boring, ugly, and borderline unwatchable.
At around this time, Comedy Central was also trying a block of their own. However, it mainly consisted of off-network shows like Duckman, Dilbert, Clerks, Gary & Mike, etc.
Let's just say CC had the better block, even if it had very few actual premieres. (We also got to see the remaining episodes of Clerks that ABC didn't air, so that's cool.)
if everything they should revive duckman, that ending causes the series to be on a cliffhanger so revive duckman if ren and stimpy reboot got selved

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Are you getting on what @Classic Speedy said?

Are you getting on what I said? I said or bust. So if in a hypothetical executive some hotshot executive tries to create a revival of Duckman animation and they can't get Alexander to return, it's or bust. Hence, when I said or bust. Meaning if they can't get him back, then it's nothing.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
It’s officially shelved.
Again, I am very, VERY skeptical about this. I probably won't believe it's officially shelved until we get an official statement from someone who was directly involved with the decision to greenlight the project or was considering being a part of it.

Also, Robyn Byrd says that several sources have confirmed it, but failed to cite any sources or provide links to anything saying it was shelved.

Reactions: RDG

Light Lucario

Staff member
Again, I am very, VERY skeptical about this. I probably won't believe it's officially shelved until we get an official statement from someone who was directly involved with the decision to greenlight the project or was considering being a part of it.

Do they usually have official announcements about shows being shelved like this though? I've seen shows being announced and then nothing happens afterwards. Granted, that's usually after a much longer stretch of time than with this series, but I can only recall official statements for shows being cancelled if they started to air, not for a reboot that didn't get off the ground.

DonTrashRoom said:
Also, Robyn Byrd says that several sources have confirmed it, but failed to cite any sources or provide links to anything saying it was shelved.

To be fair, she is in the animation industry and her sources would most likely be other animators or people potentially involved with the project. She wouldn't have links given that there aren't any articles about this. I can understand being skeptical, but given that both Robyn Byrd and Bob Camp heard that it was shelved, I think that there's a good chance that they're telling the truth. Plus, I'm not sure if Robyn would make this statement if she wasn't positive about the situation, especially when it just opens the flood gates for more people to harass her unfortunately.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts