Reporter
I'm also wondering about:

"I think I'm gonna be sick."
"Oh uh... uh yah."
"Uh no. [chuckles nervously] Sorry."

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
You mean this (at the end)?

I've read that some of the sound clips used on Svengoolie, including "Ow, ow, OW!" (also in the above clip) and "Thank you for all those cards and letters...", are from Stan Freberg's short-lived radio show. Maybe that's it?
Yeah, that's what I was referring to.
I actually knew about the "Thank you" song ("Hit the theme for us, Chaz!") being originally Freberg, it's taken from his record "Wunnerful! Wunnerful!"

TeridaxXD001

“Heh-uh-heh-hey....POOEY!"
I have a feeling that may be an old Stan Freberg snippet (which is also the source of the “Ow, ow, OW!” sound).

Edit: Wow, the last few post weren’t displaying when I first posted this message.

Edit 2: Oh, “Page 2.”
Anyway,

Animaniacs:
“I’m going to blow chunks.” (“Alas Poor Skullhead”)
Well, uuuuuuuuuuhhhhh okay.” (Yakko in several episodes)

The New Batman Adventures:
“Whoo, this guy's got it bad!” (“Torch Song”)

Looney Tunes:
“Ah, there's good news tonight!” (“The Stupor Salesman”)

Road Rovers:
“Oh, that smells springtime fresh!” (“Storm From the Pacific”)

Last edited:

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
The line you're thinking of is "He's history's greatest monster!" and is actually from the Simpsons.
Weird, I guess I didn't hear it well (maybe with my parents talking or something), and so thought it sounded like Shaggy (both in terms of voice and what he would say). Oh well.

What do you know, I just found the source of "Ow, ow, OWWWW!":
Oh yeah, "The Honey-Earthers". I also read about that. I should have mentioned it earlier.

Low Spark of Lyman

I listened to the track...sounds like it also has the longer "OWWWW!!!" that's used less frequently on Svengoolie.

So that's Daws Butler doing that voice, right? Sounds similar to the voice he later used for Fred in the Flintstones pilot (no surprise, given the Ralph Kramden connection).

I've also read that some of the clips used on the show are custom-created for the show. The two that I know are original are the obvious ones: "BERWYN?" and "Svengoolie??!!"
"BERWYN?!", at least, dates all the way back to the original Svengoolie from the early 1970s: Jerry G. Bishop.

Mr. Horse

Just for the heck of it, here's "Wunnerful! Wunnerful!" in case anyone recognizes any other Sven soundbites from it, although I wouldn't be surprised if "Turn off the bubble machine..." and the cards and letters song are the only two sourced from there.

Also, I'm thinking of going through random Freberg records and radio shows to see if I can find "Guh-ha-hey - POOEY!!!!" in any of them.

Last edited:

Mr. Horse

I listened to the track...sounds like it also has the longer "OWWWW!!!" that's used less frequently on Svengoolie.

So that's Daws Butler doing that voice, right? Sounds similar to the voice he later used for Fred in the Flintstones pilot (no surprise, given the Ralph Kramden connection).

"BERWYN?!", at least, dates all the way back to the original Svengoolie from the early 1970s: Jerry G. Bishop.
Huh, I didn't know that horn honk was used that early!
You know, "pooey" also sounds like a Daws Butler soundbite too.

TeridaxXD001

Animaniacs:
”Oh, Mr. Crazy Person!” (“Hearts of Twilight”)
“I want you to go away now. You frighten me!” (“Clown and Out”)

Looney Tunes:
"I'm only three and a half years old!" (“Falling Hare”)

Last edited:

Low Spark of Lyman

I thought I heard a familiar hiccup and belch. Wasn't the latter the one heard in "A Star is Burns", courtesy of Maurice LaMarche? I don't know if that was done before or not, though...

I also heard a "Eee-yuck" at one point...or was that the same one that's already on the list?

TeridaxXD001

Anyone recognize the “Not if I can help it,” “Great googly moogly,” "Oh, and it's a nice one too!" or “Why not?” on tonight’s show? The second one sounds like Dan Castellaneta and the last one sounds like a Jeff Bennett character, maybe from Freakazoid. There’s also “Good bye, now! *speeds away*” which sounds like it may be from Looney Tunes, and "Nope, nope, nope, nope nope..." and "Yep, yep, yep..." which sounds like either Beaky Buzzard from Looney Tunes or Concord Condor from Tiny Toon Adventures.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts