The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Again I am 100% confident that there is going to be a movie and it is going to come out at some point and be this big huge epic event that will end the series for good but the reason we haven't heard anything about is not only is it something they are spending a lot of time on and are in a state where they don't want to reveal any details about it (as I'm sure they only really started working on this once the show was 100% done) but... Cartoon Network isn't really in a state right now where they can afford to end the series, especially with how the network operates right now. Which is essentially getting rid of and removing all traces of a series that has ended and is no longer in any form of production or has anything left to show. Once a series is finished you don't see it anymore at all on the main network as CN gives it a big send off and then moves on to focus on other series. Which is what happened to Steven Universe and most recently We Bare Bears. So I assume CN will do the same thing with Gumball once it ends. The problem is though... Gumball is still too big a show for the network to let go of in that regard. I mean it airs on average like 4 hours of episodes per day only behind Teen Titans Go. It's too major a release for the network to have to really end airing. And it's a whole mindset thing for CN since though we are past the days of kids networks not allowing shows to have final episodes or movies to end off their series due to fear of kids not watching reruns of the series in syndication (yeah that was a thing in the 90's believe it or not) CN is at a place where they don't air shows that have fully finished their runs either but right now don't have anything to replace Gumball with once that leaves. Thus yeah we're seeing them stretch the show out now with clip shows and little mini events to still try and show "hey Gumball is still totally going" while scrambling on what to do once that movie is done and is ready to hit.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
The problem is though... Gumball is still too big a show for the network to let go of in that regard. I mean it airs on average like 4 hours of episodes per day only behind Teen Titans Go. It's too major a release for the network to have to really end airing. And it's a whole mindset thing for CN since though we are past the days of kids networks not allowing shows to have final episodes or movies to end off their series due to fear of kids not watching reruns of the series in syndication (yeah that was a thing in the 90's believe it or not) CN is at a place where they don't air shows that have fully finished their runs either but right now don't have anything to replace Gumball with once that leaves. Thus yeah we're seeing them stretch the show out now with clip shows and little mini events to still try and show "hey Gumball is still totally going" while scrambling on what to do once that movie is done and is ready to hit.
To be honest, this, in part, is why I've largely lost faith in CN as it stands today. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be excited about (this is not the same as "there's nothing good on", necessarily), especially with the heavier focus on the two warhorses. That's just me, of course; if anyone else is still optimistic about CN, then good for them. And yes, it could always turn around at some point in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath for that. I'm more interested in the channel for historical purposes.

If the Gumball movie does get made- and Mike's hypothesis about what's going on could be right- that would be great for the show, just like any trying to wrap things up. But that would be "just one more thing", as Columbo would say.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah I've been saying we are going to get a movie so glad that CN has officially confirmed that. Also note how they said "that's it for now" which means it will probably be awhile until we get really anything from the movie. I mean remember when the Steven Universe movie was announced in 2018 and only came out a year later? I can easily see a Gumball movie only really getting any buzz around next year and maybe even then only dropping 2023 considering well again what would CN have to replace it with during the mean time? That said glad CN is going and confirming these things for the fans who deserve to know about it.

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Hey, you know what this means?

Gumball will likely surpass Ed, Edd n Eddy's record for longest running CN original series.

EEnE originally ran from January 4, 1999 to November 8, 2009 (keep in mind that it also ended its run with a movie, aka Big Picture Show).

TAWOG started on May 3, 2011, so if the movie premieres later than...let's see, March 7, 2022?...then a new record will be achieved. Assuming the movie isn't far into production at this point (especially given all the "will they, won't they?" going on before), this seems quite likely.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts