"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Does anyone think they'll invite Liv Tyler back?
I think it's pretty likely. She seems over the years to be interested and hasn't gotten on Marvel's bad side. I guess there's the off-chance they could recast. They did for Bruce, but not for General Ross. And Betsy has been rumored to appear.

the greenman

I think it's pretty likely. She seems over the years to be interested and hasn't gotten on Marvel's bad side. I guess there's the off-chance they could recast. They did for Bruce, but not for General Ross. And Betsy has been rumored to appear.
Well as for Bruce, we know why they recast. I enjoyed both Betty's in Ang Lee's Hulk and Incredible Hulk. When Hurt showed up again I figured either they were setting up Red Hulk or Abomination & Leader were coming back. Much like Weaving for Red Skull, he can be recasted.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Still no official date given but hey the trailer for WandaVision is out.

Honestly the most appeasing part to me of this trailer is Wanda asking Vision "Am I dead because you are" indicating that this whole set up the two are in isn't just part of her own power altering madness and may be another force. Honestly the sitcom jokes probably work a lot better in context as the stuff with the laugh track and look of the show feel like if given enough time could play up to some good spoof and then to some good spooks but you aren't going to get that in a minute trailer constantly jumping around. Also a bit more of grown up Monica but still nothing that really sells exactly what the overall story point is which yeah guess they're saving for the show itself. Still looks like it could be good though so hopefully that will be proven sooner then later... again hope a date is given on when that soon is in the next few weeks.

Frontier

Staff member
They kind of squandered Betty. It kills me that they never even brought up Ross' Hulk obsession in all these years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
To be honest I got the sense that they really just didn't want to have to address anything from the Norton movies or any classic Hulk stuff in-depth with Ruffalo. That's why we never get a single scene of Ross actually addressing or dealing with Ruffalo's Banner.
Still no official date given but hey the trailer for WandaVision is out.

Honestly the most appeasing part to me of this trailer is Wanda asking Vision "Am I dead because you are" indicating that this whole set up the two are in isn't just part of her own power altering madness and may be another force. Honestly the sitcom jokes probably work a lot better in context as the stuff with the laugh track and look of the show feel like if given enough time could play up to some good spoof and then to some good spooks but you aren't going to get that in a minute trailer constantly jumping around. Also a bit more of grown up Monica but still nothing that really sells exactly what the overall story point is which yeah guess they're saving for the show itself. Still looks like it could be good though so hopefully that will be proven sooner then later... again hope a date is given on when that soon is in the next few weeks.
Thoughts:

- Looks like whatever reality warping comes undone over the course the series, where it starts with Vision being normal and human until he slowly transforms back into his normal self to the point where he finds out about his death :ack:.

- We even get the classic Vision costume! Now all we need is a new Wanda costume on par with Viz's look :D.

- SWORD And Monica Rambeau in a clearing :confused:?

- Is that Kitty from That 70's Show :p?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Lot of treats this week from Marvel, post DC FanDome, lol. Very intriguing. And that exchange with Kathryn Hahn's character dressed as a witch says a lot...

Yes, is the officially now the first of the Disney+ series. Stills released. Poster released, too.

TF&TWS officially set for 2021.

- SWORD And Monica Rambeau in a clearing :confused:?
Matches up with articles that came out about the show when it was filmed. Looks like they find the 'portal' or perimeter of the world created that Wanda and Vision are in and set up a temp base like in the 1st Thor. Even looks like they tried to send Monica in and she was either rejected or eventually punted out by someone...

- Is that Kitty from That 70's Show :p?
Totally, no mistake. That made me happy. Best surprise.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
This "The Future is Limitless" video advertising Disney+ has a very brief scene showcasing Falcon in his new suit at 0:10.

Latest WandaVision rumor is that Vision's memories won't be intact and he won't remember when Shuri worked on him or his death. Darcy fills him in on what happened and tries to help piecing him back together somehow.
I think that's pretty clear from how surprised he is that someone would think he's dead, their world is probably Thanos-free :sweat:.
Doesn't get any clearer then that ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
And one at the end of Sam practice throwing the shield that I think we saw before.

I think that's pretty clear from how surprised he is that someone would think he's dead, their world is probably Thanos-free :sweat:.
It's curious, how much either Wanda or Vision remember. That dinner scene seemed to indicate not much and the trailer made it seem like Wanda was rediscovering more and more of her ability, imo.

Frontier

Staff member
And one at the end of Sam practice throwing the shield that I think we saw before.
Yeah, I think that was part of the initial teaser of the Disney+ shows :).
It's curious, how much either Wanda or Vision remember. That dinner scene seemed to indicate not much and the trailer made it seem like Wanda was rediscovering more and more of her ability, imo.
It seems like they both slowly recover their Superhero selves since Vision goes from being human to slowly regaining his full body :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It seems like they both slowly recover their Superhero selves since Vision goes from being human to slowly regaining his full body :ack:.
Agreed, and then the show shifts from the classic sitcom hat tips and becomes more in a vein of what we know is a MCU movie.

Hmm, and I guess that Mind Stone is not the real deal and just for show...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts