Which Rock Band Was More Popular In The Early-2000's: Creed OR Limp Bizkit?

Which Rock Band Was More Popular In The Early-2000's: Creed OR Limp Bizkit?

• Creed

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Limp Bizkit

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Neither, I hated both bands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I think Creed had their heyday in years like 97 and 98 while Limp Bizkit blew up in 99 and 2000. I know I was hearing more about Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst's antics in the early 2000s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I think Creed had their heyday in years like 97 and 98 while Limp Bizkit blew up in 99 and 2000. I know I was hearing more about Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst's antics in the early 2000s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I believe Creed peaked in 2000 with their single "With Arms Wide Open" topping the US charts.

Pooky

Staff member
Here in the UK it wasn't even close; Creed had a couple of Top 20 singles (at a time when single sales were pretty low) but their albums weren't popular. Bizkit had a number 1 single, a string of Top 10 singles and several hit albums. I kind of thought Creed was mostly an American thing but looking into it they've sold 25 million records outside of America which is significantly more than LB, so that's not the case. However I'm not sure they ever had a "moment" like Limp Bizkit had with their (sigh) Chocolate Starfish album which was #1 in 9 countries and sold 400,000 copies on the first day in the US alone.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Here in the UK it wasn't even close; Creed had a couple of Top 20 singles (at a time when single sales were pretty low) but their albums weren't popular. Bizkit had a number 1 single, a string of Top 10 singles and several hit albums. I kind of thought Creed was mostly an American thing but looking into it they've sold 25 million records outside of America which is significantly more than LB, so that's not the case. However I'm not sure they ever had a "moment" like Limp Bizkit had with their (sigh) Chocolate Starfish album which was #1 in 9 countries and sold 400,000 copies on the first day in the US alone.
That's right. They were a two-hit wonder in the UK in comparison to Limp Bizkit, who was a seven-hit wonder in said country.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts