Super Mario 35

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Today, Nintendo out out a special Nintendo Direct for Super Mario Bros.' 35th anniversary

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Managed to order one of the Splatfest shirts (was hoping for a 4XL, but I'm fine with a 3XL), and I plan to pre-order 3D All-Stars once I get done online.

Asa

Now I can take my favorite classic 3D Marios on the go (roadtrips, beaches, etc.) :D.

There only gonna be for a limited time though, yikes. Makes me wonder whats gonna happen after March 2021?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Looking forward to most of the things mentioned in that Nintendo Direct! It's been a lousy year for Nintendo, frankly, but these next few months will be a good way to end the year.

I've been playing "Super Mario All Stars" in the Nintendo Switch online "Super Nintendo" collection (it just got added yesterday). I had a Nintendo and then a Super Nintendo when I was a kid, but don't think I ever owned this game. It came out in 1993, it's a delightful updating of the original 3 NES Super Mario games from the 80's, using "Super Mario World" graphics ("Super Mario World" came out in 1991). This is charming, I really like it. But then again, I like all things "Mario".

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm pretty happy about these announcements. I wanted those rumors about the Mario 3D collection to be true because I haven't played most of them. I've heard a lot of praise for Mario Sunshine and Galaxy, but I never got a chance to play them. I was hoping for Mario 3D World to be available this year, but given the virus situation, I can understand why some of these titles are pushed back to next year. Getting a chance to play these Mario games on the Switch is just really great.

I haven't gotten the Super Mario All Stars collection yet, but it does look like a nice graphic update fro the classic Mario titles.

Pooky

Staff member
I still have all of these games (plus the DS version of 64) and I'm fine with playing them on older hardware so I won't be going for this personally, but I think this is great for the people that want it and I hope they release Galaxy 2 afterwards.

That Game & Watch is mighty tempting though...

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Yeah, I still own Mario 64 and both Galaxy games, and I'm not exactly missing Sunshine, so the package isn't too enticing for me. I don't like that this is only available for a short period of time, though, even virtually. That's not fair for those who want the games on their Switch, but may not be able to afford them during their window of availability.

I am interested in the 3D World port, though. I missed out on it on the Wii U, and while it doesn't look as essential as, say, 64 or SMB3, you can never have enough Mario.

Pooky

Staff member
3D World is an odd one, it doesn't quite feel like a "AAA" main series Mario game, it seems half way poised between one of those and the New Super Mario Bros series. It is still of the high quality you associate with the name though certainly.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
There's a lot of talk about there being a shortage, so I went ahead and pre-ordered my copy of "Super Mario 3D All Stars" through Amazon.

I've made it my mission to own every single "Nintendo 64" game that gets ported to the Nintendo Switch, so I'll be primarily playing "Super Mario 64" on it. My kids will primarily be playing "Super Mario Galaxy", I suspect.

DBTrilogy100

I remember hearing rumors about this collection for months now, so it is nice to see that the rumors have finally been confirmed. Super Mario 64 is a game that is very near and dear to me, so I look forward to being able to play it again on the Switch; it's too bad the DS Remake wasn't included in this collection (or not possible to add) since I enjoyed being able to play as Luigi, Wario & Yoshi in addition to Mario.

I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy before but I am willing to give them a chance through this collection.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I remember hearing rumors about this collection for months now, so it is nice to see that the rumors have finally been confirmed. Super Mario 64 is a game that is very near and dear to me, so I look forward to being able to play it again on the Switch; it's too bad the DS Remake wasn't included in this collection (or not possible to add) since I enjoyed being able to play as Luigi, Wario & Yoshi in addition to Mario.
I wonder why they're not including the DS remake.

Reactions: RDG

Mandouga

Answer: It (likely) would have made the collection more expensive (likely why it also doesn't include Super Mario Galaxy 2), among other reasons, I'm sure.

I'm just speculating, but I personally think that Super Mario 64 DS would have to be portable mode only, and I don't think Nintendo wants that (and don't "Super Mario Galaxy" me; a pointer like the Wii remote is different from a handheld stylus that touches the screen).

Pooky

Staff member
I half suspect they may release a second package with Galaxy 2, 3D Land and another game at some point. Let's not forget while this is the 35th Anniversary of the Super Mario Bros franchise, next year is technically the big 40 for Mario himself.

SNS

I remember hearing rumors about this collection for months now, so it is nice to see that the rumors have finally been confirmed.

Yeah, I didn’t make the usual ”What Mario game are you looking forward to” topic this year because I took a gamble that it was true they were rereleasing the old games (and Paper Mario: The Origami King wasn’t enough for one topic anyway). Hopefully I can still make it now and it won‘t be too redundant without any other Mario games besides the ones in the Direct...

Anyway, them being in a collection took me by surprised. I never thought that would happen. I figured they would be released alone. Especially after the announcement we would get Pikmin 3 instead of a Pikmin Trilogy. I figured that for sure that Nintendo much more popular IP wouldn’t be in a collection but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. I pre ordered it on the first day it was available.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
So I ordered "Super Mario 3D All Stars" a week and a half ago through Amazon (I have Prime membership) and it assured me that I'd receive it today. But then I got an email this morning that there's been a delay in shipping my package and that they'll let me know when it'll ship. I went on the Amazon website and confirmed - it looks like my order hasn't even shipped yet. I just hope they don't outright cancel the order (and say they're somehow completely sold out).... :(

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts