"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if she went for Jane, Darcy, or Sif...I guess she could've gone for Widow in IM2, since there wasn't really any other major female character in that film :confused:.
I'd guess Chess Roberts, who Olivia Munn was, or that U.S. Marshal who serves Tony the subpoena to testify in DC. Thor is a curious one. But it's for the better she didn't luck out then.

the greenman

Personally, Im just not a fan of her Captain Marvel. Not sure if it's her fault or the filmmakers, but honestly she didn't do anything for me. Studio darling is why she got hired, a Disney alum and apparently being associated with "Community".

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I wonder if she went for Jane, Darcy, or Sif...I guess she could've gone for Widow in IM2, since there wasn't really any other major female character in that film :confused:.
She could also have been the Kate Mara role. with Thor, I think Darcy would have been the character she would have most fit with.

Personally, Im just not a fan of her Captain Marvel. Not sure if it's her fault or the filmmakers, but honestly she didn't do anything for me. Studio darling is why she got hired, a Disney alum and apparently being associated with "Community".

I don't think her Oscar for Room hurt either. I like Brie a lot but Captain Marvel in general feels like a underdeveloped character in the MCU.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
She could also have been the Kate Mara role.

I like Brie a lot but Captain Marvel in general feels like a underdeveloped character in the MCU.
The U.S. Marshal I mentioned was Kate Mara's role.

It didn't help they waited to introduce her at the very end of the first saga. So moving forward, if we don't see a lot her - no real excuse.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Personally, I'm just not a fan of her Captain Marvel. Not sure if it's her fault or the filmmakers, but honestly she didn't do anything for me. Studio darling is why she got hired, a Disney alum and apparently being associated with "Community".
I feel like Katee Sackhoff would've been a better choice to play Carol IMO.

Frontier

Staff member
The U.S. Marshal I mentioned was Kate Mara's role.

It didn't help they waited to introduce her at the very end of the first saga. So moving forward, if we don't see a lot her - no real excuse.
I also don't think it helped that her solo movie had her as an amnesiac and brainwashed for most of it's runtime (not that she still didn't have a personality, but it felt a little constructed).

It also was probably made more complicated by the fact that she filmed her scenes in Endgame first, as I recall, so they hadn't quite solidified how they were planning to portray her yet.

Frontier

Staff member
Now I'm just expecting him to be playing a different kind of Thor in every subsequent movie :p.

This actually makes me wonder if Jane is going to get her own codename when she gets the hammer instead of just calling herself "Thor." Either that or Thor is in a position where he can make guest appearances but doesn't do as much, but they already wasted the potential for him as king of Asgard :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Now I'm just expecting him to be playing a different kind of Thor in every subsequent movie :p.

This actually makes me wonder if Jane is going to get her own codename when she gets the hammer instead of just calling herself "Thor." Either that or Thor is in a position where he can make guest appearances but doesn't do as much, but they already wasted the potential for him as king of Asgard :confused:.
I imagine there will some hilarity about this. Like Thor suggests to Jane that she be "Thor of Earth" and he'll be "Thor of Everything Else." :p

But yeah, I imagine he would want to keep making Thor movies with Waititi and a likely shoe-in for whenever there will be another Avengers movie.

the greenman

I imagine there will some hilarity about this. Like Thor suggests to Jane that she be "Thor of Earth" and he'll be "Thor of Everything Else."

But yeah, I imagine he would want to keep making Thor movies with Waititi and a likely shoe-in for whenever there will be another Avengers movie.
Right now, I'm down for another Thor film with Waititi. Maybe even two.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts