DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
8/24: Yes... that's what I meant implicitly... I'd lean more towards guessing it's Justice Society. But idk, it's also possible that Weisman worked on a short for that Bizarro TV series like James Tucker.

9/2: In an interview, Butch Lukic referred to Jon Suzuki as his "main designer." If he meant just for Man of Tomorrow or all the movies going forward, we'll see. He also revealed he's testing the new art style out on one or two other films in a different variation. If Man of Tomorrow does well and gets a greenlight for a sequel, Lukic estimates we would see it in 3 to 5 years but it was basically discussed as a standalone and wait to see how it does.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
9/2: In an interview, Butch Lukic referred to Jon Suzuki as his "main designer." If he meant just for Man of Tomorrow or all the movies going forward, we'll see. He also revealed he's testing the new art style out on one or two other films in a different variation. If Man of Tomorrow does well and gets a greenlight for a sequel, Lukic estimates we would see it in 3 to 5 years but it was basically discussed as a standalone and wait to see how it does.
I wonder if that means we'll see this art style for Justice Society and Long Halloween...

Having Brainaic on the side of the Blu-Ray kind of screams "sequel," but I wonder if they had to cut out his actual appearance in the movie :confused:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just wanted to add a quick note, for anyone interested, that Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo! is available on DVD and Digital everywhere starting today. Please visit the Warner Bros. Club/Boomerang Forum here at Anime Superhero, to discuss the movie, similar to how Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? was handled before.

"Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

As previously mentioned, Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow appears in the movie, but I won't spoil here if any other DC Comics characters show up.

Frontier

Staff member
At the end of the CCXP Soul of the Dragon panel (little before 6:15:56), Bruce Timm hinted he, Jeremy Adams and James Tucker brainstormed a bunch of ideas and he does have a sequel in mind already and it would be 'even more 70s' that Soul of the Dragon.
Now I'm imagining a bunch of retro DC movies. Maybe we can get a sequel with 70's Robin :p?

DCAMUFAN

So JL Apocalypse War ends with Barry going through the time stream again to change time again. It's going to be interesting how the connective tissues are coming into play with future films. It's interesting, because with Man of Tomorrow Shadow of the Dragon and even Death in the Family, one theory I have is what if we see Barry going to these different times, Shadow's 1970s timeline JSA WWII's timeline trying to save things? That would be cool. In my mind, the DCAMU is just as good as the MCU, lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So JL Apocalypse War ends with Barry going through the time stream again to change time again. It's going to be interesting how the connective tissues are coming into play with future films. It's interesting, because with Man of Tomorrow Shadow of the Dragon and even Death in the Family, one theory I have is what if we see Barry going to these different times, Shadow's 1970s timeline JSA WWII's timeline trying to save things? That would be cool. In my mind, the DCAMU is just as good as the MCU, lol.
1. It's "Apokolips War" and "Soul of the Dragon" and 2. I doubt it, that's not how Barry's ability works, going through different parallel universes. The crew has stated it before but that continuity is done and not likely to be revisited.

DCAMUFAN

1. It's "Apokolips War" and "Soul of the Dragon" and 2. I doubt it, that's not how Barry's ability works, going through different parallel universes. The crew has stated it before but that continuity is done and not likely to be revisited.
Oh I don't mean the continuity that just ended. I'm referring to a completely new continuity that might be created later.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh I don't mean the continuity that just ended. I'm referring to a completely new continuity that might be created later.
I don't think we'll be seeing continuities for awhile if at all. The implications from things people like Butch Lukic have said seem to point to the DTV line going back to stand alone movies like when the line first started. For example, Man of Tomorrow was basically discussed to be a stand alone but Lukic thinks if a sequel were ever greenlit, that'd be 3 to 5 years from now. So far the only 'continuity' happening is the Long Halloween 2 parter simply because it's a two part movie. We won't be seeing something again to the scope of War to Apokolips War, imo.

DCAMUFAN

12/07:
I don't think we'll be seeing continuities for awhile if at all. The implications from things people like Butch Lukic have said seem to point to the DTV line going back to stand alone movies like when the line first started. For example, Man of Tomorrow was basically discussed to be a stand alone but Lukic thinks if a sequel were ever greenlit, that'd be 3 to 5 years from now. So far the only 'continuity' happening is the Long Halloween 2 parter simply because it's a two part movie. We won't be seeing something again to the scope of War to Apokolips War, imo.

Well, from 2007-2013, the movies were standalone then they were connected. Yeah I imagine that things might be standalone for a little while. I'm sure doing a connected universe is on their minds, but they'll put it on the backburner for now. I find it hard to believe that this is a one and done deal. They'll be going to that well again in a different way. Why not? It's fun and interesting.

12/09:
One thing that I'm pleased with the DCAMU is the enthusiasm and passion of the actors for their roles. I have to believe that it's more than just the paycheck that they take the roles and it's love for the characters for some of them. I read that Rosario Dawson is a big comic book fan and so no surprised that she's voiced Diana. Some other decent names have popped up James Woods as Owlman, Christian Slater as Deadshot. Bruce Greenwood has been a great voice for Batman. And of course, Jensen Ackles as Jason Todd Red Hood. I hope he can come back to voice RH at some point.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button in the future instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCAMUFAN

More accurately, some of the movies were connected while others (especially the Elseworlds stories) remained stand-alone.
So, here's a general question I have. As far as DC couples go, which couples get good development over the course of the movies, and which ones are a little undercooked? Steve/Diana is one of my favorite pairings And with the runtimes seeming to average like 80 minutes or so, which of the movies benefit from the shorter runtime and which ones are a little shortcharged with the runtime, but still good nontheless?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts