"Batman: The Long Halloween, Parts 1-2" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Release Dates
Part One - June 22 (both Digital & Blu-Ray)
Part Two - July 27 (Digital) / August 10 (Blu-Ray)​

A two-part animated adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween was announced for Summer and Fall of 2021, respectively.

Sources: IGN's Superman: Man of Tomorrow panel, at the 44:15 minutes mark.

IGN article.

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Last edited:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
At least it's two parts. I was really disappointed with the hack job they did on Hush.

Admittedly, the comic ending for Hush did kind of suck and was anti-climactic, but whatever. The animated movie wasn't much of an improvement.

Orangesilentplanet

I thought it would be appropriate to link to this article that first confirmed the films were in production and listed the voice cast:

Troy Baker

Jensen Ackles

Naya Rivera (Could she get a tribute in the film?)

Titus Welliver

David Dastmalchan

Jim Pirri

Amy Landecker

Matthew Gray Gubler

Katee Sackhoff

Fred Tatasciore

A two-part animated adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween was announced for Summer and Fall of 2021, respectively.

Sources: IGN's Superman: Man of Tomorrow panel, at the 44:15 minutes mark.

IGN article.

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Very disappointed. Was hoping for a third 60's Batman film. Yes. Yes. I know it's impossible with Adam gone, but those are the kind of superhero films I enjoy. That or more Lego ones. I enjoy the tongue in cheek ones.
--james

Last edited by a moderator:

Otaku-sempai

Very disappointed. Was hoping for a third 60's Batman film. Yes. Yes. I know it's impossible with Adam gone, but those are the kind of superhero films I enjoy. That or more Lego ones. I enjoy the tongue in cheek ones.
--james
Well, those films fell outside of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line anyway, so I wouldn't have expected a new one to be announced at the Superman: Man of Tomorrow Panel. And, yes, another one is very unlikely without Adam West to voice the lead.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
While I'm not exactly a fan of Loeb, this is one of the last classics Batman and DC fans have pined over being adapted. If the runtime is on the longer side, like in the 80 minute range, that should give them leeway for a decent adaptation.

I'm also curious what kind of art style is going to be used - strict Tim Sale style, quasi Tim Sale, something different.

WB should skip the summer release and release the full "deluxe" movie in the fall
They never will.

Frontier

Staff member
While I'm not exactly a fan of Loeb, this is one of the last classics Batman and DC fans have pined over being adapted. If the runtime is on the longer side, like in the 80 minute range, that should give them leeway for a decent adaptation.

I'm also curious what kind of art style is going to be used - strict Tim Sale style, quasi Tim Sale, something different.
Between this and the JSA movie, it'll be interesting to see if there's a house style to the Lukic films going off from Man of Tomorrow or if each film will have it's own distinct look/designs.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Between this and the JSA movie, it'll be interesting to see if there's a house style to the Lukic films going off from Man of Tomorrow or if each film will have it's own distinct look/designs.
I'm always hopeful they go back to distinct looks again. Long Halloween is a strong contender, imo.

-batmat-

I'm very curious how the art style is gonna be. I feel Tim Sale's artwork for the comic is very ugly, but it works somehow, and it gives off a very cool vibe. But I definitely don't want that same look translated into animation. I remember the Joker looking like he had 987 teeth or something.

Frontier

Staff member
What was the last movie that really tried to match the art style of the story they were adapting?
I'm very curious how the art style is gonna be. I feel Tim Sale's artwork for the comic is very ugly, but it works somehow, and it gives off a very cool vibe. But I definitely don't want that same look translated into animation. I remember the Joker looking like he had 987 teeth or something.
I hope they at least keep some of the retro costumes. I don't think we've ever seen Catwoman's purple costume in animation :).

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
John R. Dilworth should take the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts