Ren And Stimpy Reboot For Comedy Central

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'll say this much. At least John Kricfalusi won't be working on the show.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Bob Camp says this is the first he's heard of it.
6SH3xPG.png

powerjake

Banned
Look on the brightside people, this is a jab to John K. being forbidden to work on his own idea.

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
When I first saw this article, I couldn't believe my eyes. It looks like Comedy Central is beginning to focus on nostalgia since they announced the Beavis and Butthead revival. I would say that this version would cater more to an adult audience since the show won't be airing on Nickelodeon.

Light Lucario

Staff member
When I first saw the thread's title, I thought it was a joke or misleading, but it's apparently true. I'm honestly really surprised. I figured that Ren and Stimpy would be too much PR poison for Viacom to touch again. I know that they aired episodes on The Splat even when the allegations first came out, but making a reboot is a different story. It just kind of feels uncomfortable to me. At least John K won't be involved and he'll hopefully won't get any royalties from the new series either.

I do wonder if part of the reason why this reboot was given the greenlite was because Comedy Central needs more new content and it might be awhile before they can safely film anything outside of their talk shows at their hosts' homes. My Dad might be excited over this news since he really enjoyed the original series. Although he often blames Nickelodeon for ruining it by firing John K and he'd say this even after learning about what he did, so that is unsettling for me in its own right.

Reactions: RDG

powerjake

Banned
When I first saw the thread's title, I thought it was a joke or misleading, but it's apparently true. I'm honestly really surprised. I figured that Ren and Stimpy would be too much PR poison for Viacom to touch again. I know that they aired episodes on The Splat even when the allegations first came out, but making a reboot is a different story. It just kind of feels uncomfortable to me. At least John K won't be involved and he'll hopefully won't get any royalties from the new series either.

I do wonder if part of the reason why this reboot was given the greenlite was because Comedy Central needs more new content and it might be awhile before they can safely film anything outside of their talk shows at their hosts' homes. My Dad might be excited over this news since he really enjoyed the original series. Although he often blames Nickelodeon for ruining it by firing John K and he'd say this even after learning about what he did, so that is unsettling for me in its own right.

Maybe this reboot will be much better than that infamous Adult Party Cartoon.

wammyguide

Honestly, as long as John K isn’t involved, which Variety said he wouldn’t be, I genuinely have no problem with it coming back.

Zorak Masaki

I hope we have some of the other aspects of the original show like the parody commercials, ask Dr. Stupid, and Powdered Toast Man (though it wouldnt be the same with Gary Owens being dead).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Didn't the Adult Party show bomb? Why is this going to be a thing?
That was from John K having too much creative control. Here, he's not involved. Granted, the absence of Bob Camp is questionable, but no John K is a good start.

Powdered Toast Man (though it wouldnt be the same with Gary Owens being dead).

Corey Burton voiced him in a video game from almost 10 years ago. He could reprise the role.

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
This is probably the only time where no one wouldn't mind not having the original creator's involvement in a reboot.

Bob Camp feared this day will come and would be shocked if he was asked back:

ren and stimpy bob camp.JPG

Between this and Bevis and Butthead, Comedy Central is trying to reinvent themselves in the animation game ( they still rely heavily on South Park compare to their other cartoon programs, looks like they're going for popular brand names that will last longer).

Last edited:

wammyguide

This is probably the only time where no one wouldn't mind not having the original creator's involvement in a reboot.

Bob Camp feared this day will come and would be shocked if he was asked back:

View attachment 282968

Between this and Bevis and Butthead, Comedy Central is trying to reinvent themselves in the animation game ( they still rely heavily on South Park compare to their other cartoon programs, looks like they're going for popular brand names that will last longer).
Isn’t he still working at Nickelodeon for SpongeBob though?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts