Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

1)it doesnt say that it says it was slated for fall until now the release date isnt changed(it means it will release this fall on hulu)
2)doctor scratchansiff and squit are back
Here's a quote from the article:

Rob Paulsen: Well, I can tell you it’s for Hulu, and it was slated for a fall premiere, but that was before the pandemic, and I know everything is in flux these days.

disneyphilip

More news about the Animaniacs reboot:

Among the stuff mentioned is that a lot of the secondary characters won't be returning, such as Hello Nurse and Rita & Runt. They also reaffirmed that Frank Welker is still reprising the voice of Ralph T. Guard and not Terry Crews. Lots of contradictions there.

They also reiterated that some new characters are being created for the reboot. For example: Thaddeus Plotz will be replaced by a new Latina CEO character.

In this case, let us hope that if the Animaniacs reboot gets renewed for more seasons after the two announced ones are completed, maybe they'll bring back the other old supporting characters (Hello Nurse, the Goodfeathers, Slappy & Skippy, Mindy & Buttons, Rita & Runt, Minerva Mink, the Hip Hippos, etc.) and find ways to "modernize" them and work them into the show then. (Maybe even just give them cameos at first.)

You may recall that "Wabbit" started out heavily featuring new characters with Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote being the only established characters appearing as regulars. The other classic characters (Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety, Sylvester, etc.) were gradually added to the show as it progressed, especially when it was retooled into "New Looney Tunes".

So we might get lucky and the Animaniacs reboot will go through such an evolution similar to that of Wabbit/New Looney Tunes.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDG

dth1971

More news about the Animaniacs reboot:

Among the stuff mentioned is that a lot of the secondary characters won't be returning, such as Hello Nurse and Rita & Runt. They also reaffirmed that Frank Welker is still reprising the voice of Ralph T. Guard and not Terry Crews. Lots of contradictions there.

They also reiterated that some new characters are being created for the reboot. For example: Thaddeus Plotz will be replaced by a new Latina CEO character.

In this case, let us hope that if the Animaniacs reboot gets renewed for more seasons after the two announced ones are completed, maybe they'll bring back the other old supporting characters (Hello Nurse, the Goodfeathers, Slappy & Skippy, Mindy & Buttons, Rita & Runt, Minerva Mink, the Hip Hippos, etc.) and find ways to "modernize" them and work them into the show then. (Maybe even just give them cameos at first.)

You may recall that "Wabbit" started out heavily featuring new characters with Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote being the only established characters appearing as regulars. The other classic characters (Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety, Sylvester, etc.) were gradually added to the show as it progressed, especially when it was retooled into "New Looney Tunes".

So we might get lucky and the Animaniacs reboot will go through such an evolution similar to that of Wabbit/New Looney Tunes.

What about Tiny Toon Adventures characters even if there's not a Tiny Toons reboot planned?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The show is set to premiere on Friday, November 20.
Animaniacs

A brand-new version of the iconic family-friendly cartoon series for the whole family as the Warner siblings, Yakko and Wakko, and the Warner sister Dot, have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. After returning to their beloved home, the Warner Bros. Water Tower, the Animaniacs waste no time in causing chaos and comic confusion as they run loose through the studio and beyond, turning the world into their personal playground. Joining Yakko, Wakko and Dot, fan-favorite characters Pinky and the Brain will also return to continue their quest for world domination in each of the 13 episodes.

Executive producers Steven Spielberg, Sam Register, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey and Wellesley Wild. Gabe Swarr serves as co-executive producer. Animaniacs is produced by Amblin Television in association with Warner Bros. Animation. The show will return to Hulu for a second 13-episode season in 2021.

Darkdawn

I Am Here
Does anyone else feel it's odd that AT&T didn't just pay out Disney-owned Hulu so they could have this as a "MAX Original" instead? Because IMO this is the kind of high-profile animated exclusive that would've actually been perfect for a WarnerMedia all-in-one streaming service. If they held off on launching "HBO Max" until the end of the year (and had it been called something other than "HBO Max"), the Animaniacs revival could've been a day-one killer app just as The Mandalorian was for Disney+. Alas...

wiley207

Does anyone else feel it's odd that AT&T didn't just pay out Disney-owned Hulu so they could have this as a "MAX Original" instead? Because IMO this is the kind of high-profile animated exclusive that would've actually been perfect for a WarnerMedia all-in-one streaming service. If they held off on launching "HBO Max" until the end of the year (and had it been called something other than "HBO Max"), the Animaniacs revival could've been a day-one killer app just as The Mandalorian was for Disney+. Alas...

I know, right? Or maybe this show could've gone to the Boomerang service, and that would really give the service more publicity! After all, they already have the very similar "Scooby-Doo in Arabian Nights"...
BTW, did anyone else see this promotional image? I sure like the designs; they remind me of several of the 1990s "Animaniacs" comics I read as a kid, along with how TMS drew them in some first-season episodes...
1596895996021.png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts