"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

Well, they really were waiting on Disney+ and to see if they can up them. Clearly they have not. Many people have Roku Firestick and can't use HBOmax or DC UNIVERSE. That is poor planning. Then why release this deal (mind you after they were gonna pull their recent DC films). Right now I'm bouncing back and forth with getting DC UNIVERSE. They're even putting exclusive DC UNIVERSE stuff on HBOmax, so thanks but no thanks.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mandouga

"Roku Firestick"? Never heard of that...

Seriously, though, I think you mean "Roku" and "Amazon 'Firestick'" (even though it's really "Amazon Fire TV", which includes both fire TV Sticks, and the Fire TV Cube).

the greenman

"Roku Firestick"? Never heard of that...

Seriously, though, I think you mean "Roku" and "Amazon 'Firestick'" (even though it's really "Amazon Fire TV", which includes both fire TV Sticks, and the Fire TV Cube).
Of course I do. Just didn't include the , or the /.

lowell

Maybe that should've just been available at launch?
I'm guessing it's a way to move most of the DC Universe subscribers into HBO Max. Wouldn't be surprised if they announced the consolidation of the service into the DC Hub on Max and then basically shifting all the DCU budget costs over to Max.

One thing that people always raised is the fate of the comics library. Instead of just maintaining DC Universe as a standalone comics app, they should make the library be available on Max. More bang for your buck to justify that $15 price that's being locked in by the cable companies.

It would be also giving WarnerMedia an upper hand as it could force Disney to integrate Marvel Unlimited into Disney+.

But I hope this is also utilized as a method to consolidate the other WarnerMedia-owned streaming services still lying around.

the greenman

I'm guessing it's a way to move most of the DC Universe subscribers into HBO Max. Wouldn't be surprised if they announced the consolidation of the service into the DC Hub on Max and then basically shifting all the DCU budget costs over to Max.

One thing that people always raised is the fate of the comics library. Instead of just maintaining DC Universe as a standalone comics app, they should make the library be available on Max. More bang for your buck to justify that $15 price that's being locked in by the cable companies.

It would be also giving WarnerMedia an upper hand as it could force Disney to integrate Marvel Unlimited into Disney+.

But I hope this is also utilized as a method to consolidate the other WarnerMedia-owned streaming services still lying around.
They seemed to be way ahead of the curve on that front. Has anyone used the DC All Access app? This was right before the DC universe launch. It had all the comics and easy to use as well.

lowell

They seemed to be way ahead of the curve on that front. Has anyone used the DC All Access app? This was right before the DC universe launch. It had all the comics and easy to use as well.

Seems like the right announcement for the DC FanDome event they're doing: DC Universe consolidating into HBO Max with full access to comics library directly in the service for all subscribers.

Plus, if they have a lot of library content licensed out to third-party services, the comics library and the content of the other WarnerMedia services could fill some hole in Max while they wait for the licensing agreement to be over.

LinusFan303

Squeak
They really could have made a deal at any time to be on Roku and Fire , but haven't. I wonder what happens after HBO go is integrated into HBO Max, to have people use that with sign in will that be the time the app is added or they just mess it up for people than they already did?

the greenman

Seems like the right announcement for the DC FanDome event they're doing: DC Universe consolidating into HBO Max with full access to comics library directly in the service for all subscribers.

Plus, if they have a lot of library content licensed out to third-party services, the comics library and the content of the other WarnerMedia services could fill some hole in Max while they wait for the licensing agreement to be over.
One thing we know is Universal still seems to have rights to the Swamp Thing stuff. If we know anything from Hulk, they probably are not letting it go.

lowell

One thing we know is Universal still seems to have rights to the Swamp Thing stuff. If we know anything from Hulk, they probably are not letting it go.

That and the Secrets of Isis are owned by NBCUniversal, the concurrent Swamp Thing animated series and the 1982 film (Warner owns the 1989 sequel) owned by someone else, same with the 1940s to 1950s serial and short animated DC films (some of which are in public domain), and Batman's 1966 film and TV series owned by Disney (through Fox).

The rights to the old material are more complicated for WarnerMedia than Disney with the Marvel rights.

the greenman

I remember Columbia made Batman & Blackhawks serials. Kirk Alyn Superman and Captain Marvel/SHAZAM, I forget. All of them are obviously public domain now, spooky to think they're pushing 100th anniversary.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The rights to the old material are more complicated for WarnerMedia than Disney with the Marvel rights.
Actually, both are equally complicated as for Disney, there are Marvel stuff they do not own such as The Spectacular Spider-Man (Sony owns it since it was produced by Sony's Adelaide Productions and Culver Entertainment) and the first Fantastic Four animated series (Warner Media owns it since it was produced by Hanna-Barbera).

Last edited:

lowell

Actually, both are equally complicated as for Disney, there are Marvel stuff they do not own such as The Spectacular Spider-Man (Sony owns it since it was produced by Sony's Adelaide Productions and Culver Entertainment) and the first Fantastic Four animated series (Warner Media owns it since it was produced by Hanna-Barbera).
Complicated in the fact that we don't know all of the owners. The content you mentioned belongs to their other main rivals. WarnerMedia also owns the Thing (1979) series also made by Hanna-Barbera. But some of the DC stuff mentioned above belongs to other entities that are not those major players and ended up being distributed through home entertainment companies like Shout Factory, for example.

Dr.Pepper

I started watching Dexter’s Lab and I noticed the episodes are in random order. Not that the show has a ton of continuity, but still it’s slightly annoying.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I started watching Dexter’s Lab and I noticed the episodes are in random order. Not that the show has a ton of continuity, but still it’s slightly annoying.

Is it "production order" instead of "broadcast order", perhaps? (or vice versa?). I'll have to take a closer look at that when I get home.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Is it "production order" instead of "broadcast order", perhaps? (or vice versa?). I'll have to take a closer look at that when I get home.
Season 1 and 4 are random, season 2 and 3 are in production order, but season 3 has "Aye Aye Eyes / Dee Dee and the Man" as the first episode when it's suppose to be the first episode of season 4. Season 5 is in broadcast order but they have "Beau Tie / Remember Me / Overlabbing" which is a season 6 episode. And Season 6 is in both production and broadcast order (excluding the episode they put in season 5).

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Season 1 and 4 random, season 2 and 3 are in production order, but season 3 has "Aye Aye Eyes / Dee Dee and the Man" as the first episode when it's suppose to be the first episode of season 4. Season 5 is in broadcast order but they have "Beau Tie / Remember Me / Overlabbing" which is a season 6 episode. And Season 6 is in both production and broadcast order (excluding the episode they put in season 5).
I only really looked at season 1, but it appears that the second half of the season is played first (in reverse order, I think).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Complicated in the fact that we don't know all of the owners. The content you mentioned belongs to their other main rivals. WarnerMedia also owns the Thing (1979) series also made by Hanna-Barbera. But some of the DC stuff mentioned above belongs to other entities that are not those major players and ended up being distributed through home entertainment companies like Shout Factory, for example.
As I said, the same can be said for Disney with the Marvel stuff they do not own.

the greenman

The Thing series is very difficult because I think The Flintstones were guest stars.

Hanna-Barbera Fantastic Four is tough too cause they own the H.E.R.B.I. robot character. I think it even showed up in some comics. That's something Marvel should've went to court over a long time ago, tbh.

Disney spends all this money to buy stuff, but

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts