TheDorkKnight

I've been thinking a lot about the idea of a revival of DCAU's Justice League series. If we fans are given a revival, what do we hope to see in a #JLReunion? What type of stories would you like to watch? What characters should be more deeply explored? What plot points from the original series should be furthered? What does your ideal Justice League Reunion look like?

khuddle

I don't think that will ever happen. I think that "Young Justice" IS the "revival" of the Justice League.
Of course, it isn't actually the Justice League, but its the evolutionary successor. That's the direction
DCAU wants to go in.

#TeamMike

Personally, and I've made no secret of this, I'd prefer they leave it alone. JLU had a full run with a fantastic finish, and a lot things have changed since then. It's okay to let things rest.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I really don't understand the "It had a good run, let it alone," mindset. Yeah, it had a couple of super satisfying season finales that worked as series finales. But the entire premise of the show was the definition of open-ended. Those endings were emotionally satisfying, not narratively so. There's SO much stuff left they could do. DCAU Plastic Man? Space Cabbie? Swamp Thing? Black Lightning? Firestorm? Freaking Constantine? The Teen Titans? C'mon man, I'm itchin' for that.

There are some series with perfect finales that you think should leave well enough alone. JLU was the kind of show that always left me wanting more.

For the record, if Young Justice decided to deliver us finales that were emotionally satisfying the way season 3's was, I'd never complain about the show being open-ended. It's the cliffhangers being the last scene ever that grates. JLU both left us wanting more with unanswered questions, and simultaneously made us all feel we said a proper goodbye to the characters. Who wouldn't want more of a show with the courtesy to do that every season?

TheDorkKnight

I really don't understand the "It had a good run, let it alone," mindset. Yeah, it had a couple of super satisfying season finales that worked as series finales. But the entire premise of the show was the definition of open-ended. Those endings were emotionally satisfying, not narratively so. There's SO much stuff left they could do. DCAU Plastic Man? Space Cabbie? Swamp Thing? Black Lightning? Firestorm? Freaking Constantine? The Teen Titans? C'mon man, I'm itchin' for that.

There are some series with perfect finales that you think should leave well enough alone. JLU was the kind of show that always left me wanting more.

For the record, if Young Justice decided to deliver us finales that were emotionally satisfying the way season 3's was, I'd never complain about the show being open-ended. It's the cliffhangers being the last scene ever that grates. JLU both left us wanting more with unanswered questions, and simultaneously made us all feel we said a proper goodbye to the characters. Who wouldn't want more of a show with the courtesy to do that every season?

I think thee open-endedness was one of the beautiful things with the DCAU. BTAS led to STAS and then we got BB which then culminated in JL and JLU. Many fans, as well as members of the cast, have expressed the wish to have the story continue.

It would be great to see more stories featuring the extended Bat-family or from the Batman rogues gallery due to the inability to make stories with them during the Bat embargo. It would be interesting to see an older league maybe with seeing the fallout with Batman leaving the league.

I keep on being reminded of the last episode of JLU where Wonder Woman states "and the adventure continues..". With JLU, you are almost not satisfied, because you are just left wanting more.

EmaHalJordan

The way to support the return of the JL is to buy, Justice League vs Fatal Five. I am disappointed with the sales of the film (2,142,544)
I would like a new movie to explain why Hal Jordan now exists in this reality. Maybe a Zero Hour/Final Night story!
Heroes I'd like to see in that story: Hal / Parallax, the original 7, Atom, Aquaman, Woverider, Hawkman, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold and the never seen before in JLU: Blue Beetle Ted Kord!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The way to support the return of the JL is to buy, Justice League vs Fatal Five. I am disappointed with the sales of the film (2,142,544)
I would like a new movie to explain why Hal Jordan now exists in this reality. Maybe a Zero Hour/Final Night story!
Heroes I'd like to see in that story: Hal / Parallax, the original 7, Atom, Aquaman, Woverider, Hawkman, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold and the never seen before in JLU: Blue Beetle Ted Kord!
Hal always did, evidenced by his plane appearing in "In Brightest Day..." when Rayner and Sinestro briefly fight at the Broome Lake Air Force Base. He just never became the first GL from Earth in this continuity and became a USAF Colonel but was recruited to the GLC later on after Jessica, along with Guy.

#TeamMike

I don't recall any leftover questions, they practically went above and beyond to wrap everything up. Even James Tucker admitted they were running on fumes towards the end of JLU (not that it didn't have a strong finish).

Usually when something is brought back decades after it had a conclusion, it's not very good. I'd rather not have B.T. wasting his time trying to recapture his past laurels and falling flat on his face, just to appease some fans.

Things change man. Dwayne's passing, DC animation going in a different direction with their animated properties, like think about...... would it even be the same JLU?

EmaHalJordan

Hal always did, evidenced by his plane appearing in "In Brightest Day..." when Rayner and Sinestro briefly fight at the Broome Lake Air Force Base. He just never became the first GL from Earth in this continuity and became a USAF Colonel but was recruited to the GLC later on after Jessica, along with Guy.
I would like them to clarify this better! And I think a Zero Hour would be great!
And it would be a nice story for Hal to shine at DCAU finally!

Green_Lantern_Corps_%28DCAU%29.jpg

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I don't recall any leftover questions, they practically went above and beyond to wrap everything up. Even James Tucker admitted they were running on fumes towards the end of JLU (not that it didn't have a strong finish).
Off the top of my head:

Dwayne McDuffie's original ending for Static remains untold
Zeta's fate
The deal with the Near-Apocalypse of 09
What happened to Nightwing
Lois not knowing Clark is Superman
The triangle with John, Shayera, and Mari
Usually when something is brought back decades after it had a conclusion, it's not very good. I'd rather not have B.T. wasting his time trying to recapture his past laurels and falling flat on his face, just to appease some fans.

Things change man. Dwayne's passing, DC animation going in a different direction with their animated properties, like think about...... would it even be the same JLU?
This is the problem: Why does it need to be the same? Did people stop reading Marvel Comics when Stan Lee stopped writing them? I see no reason why JLU or the DCAU cannot continue with other writers taking over and putting their own spins on the continuity. Yes, some producers would wind up worse than Timm and McDuffie. But it's also possible some would wind up better. I'd like to see other people take a swing at a kid friendly, established DC Universe.

TheDorkKnight

I do not agree with the assumption that bringing back the Justice League will lessen the quality of the stories. From 1992 with the start of BTAS to the end of JLU in 2006, the quality of production and storytelling has only increased. Even with JLvF5, the quality has not changed as the overall team has shown a clear commitment to make riveting stories with our favorite characters.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I do not agree with the assumption that bringing back the Justice League will lessen the quality of the stories. From 1992 with the start of BTAS to the end of JLU in 2006, the quality of production and storytelling has only increased. Even with JLvF5, the quality has not changed as the overall team has shown a clear commitment to make riveting stories with our favorite characters.
"As I got older, I got better. Ciao, Timmverse Rinaldi."

#TeamMike

Batman and Harley Quinn which at the very least is a B:TAS spiritual successor had an infamously negative reception. B.T. even joked about ruining people's childhoods with it lol

JlvF5 was fine but a little forgettable, and I really wish it had used it's own style. If you treat it is as DCAU proper, there's a bunch of stuff you have to handwave away and it just kind muddles the whole continuity.

If anything, it's more proof to me that the DCAU should be left alone. I don't want it driven to the ground or it's legacy ruined like a lot of my favorite franchises.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A suggestion that we should stick to the prompt of the thread and stick to your wish list, if you have one, and not deviate into well traveled topics we've hashed out in other threads.

EmaHalJordan

...Yes. That's why the last part of my sentence was "but was recruited to the GLC later on after Jessica, along with Guy."
Yes, yes, I have misread you. I edited my message later!
But I would like a movie where we see what exactly happened. And in addition to seeing how Hal entered the JLU, it would be nice to be able to adapt a Zero Hour / Final Night story

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts