"Masters of the Universe: Revelation/Revolution" (Netflix) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Apparently that previous article I posted was incorrect:

Nothing more than alarming clickbait garbage from the usual suspects at Clownfish TV. Not to mention Screenrant was going by an old synopsis from PowerCon. Granted, that synopsis was there, but that article from Screenrant itself was nothing more than Google SEO clickbait trash and didn't actually have new information in it. And then Clownfish TV makes a new clickbait video going "There you see! New He-Man going full SJW!" even though Screenrant is just collecting a bunch of old outdated information and not reporting anything new.

All of its hot trash. Quite frankly, Kevin Smith shouldn't even try responding to Clownfish TV because they are only going to continue doing garbage like this.

There is a new article about this series:

I am not sure if this new info, but it seems to suggest Teela will be the main character in the beginning.

None of it was new information. It was just Screenrant writing a complete Google search trap. One of those things like you type in a show or movie on Google and that will be the first thing to come up.

One of those articles that's like EVERYTHING WE KNOW SO FAR ABOUT THIS SHOW! WHEN SEASON 2 IS COMING.

Then you actually read it and it says, "Well, season 2 is actually confirmed or announced, but it could happen!"

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
If they are wrong, they aren't going to admit it. They are going to continue to trash the show and say they were actually right and complain.

Last edited:

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Nothing more than alarming clickbait garbage from the usual suspects at Clownfish TV. Not to mention Screenrant was going by an old synopsis from PowerCon. Granted, that synopsis was there, but that article from Screenrant itself was nothing more than Google SEO clickbait trash and didn't actually have new information in it. And then Clownfish TV makes a new clickbait video going "There you see! New He-Man going full SJW!" even though Screenrant is just collecting a bunch of old outdated information and not reporting anything new.

All of its hot trash. Quite frankly, Kevin Smith shouldn't even try responding to Clownfish TV because they are only going to continue doing garbage like this.

None of it was new information. It was just Screenrant writing a complete Google search trap. One of those things like you type in a show or movie on Google and that will be the first thing to come up.

One of those articles that's like EVERYTHING WE KNOW SO FAR ABOUT THIS SHOW! WHEN SEASON 2 IS COMING.

Then you actually read it and it says, "Well, season 2 is actually confirmed or announced, but it could happen!"

I was not quoting Clown Fish TV, I know they are garbage channel. I was quoting Screen Rant and then I quoted an article with Kevin Smith saying that the Screen Rant article was wrong.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I was not quoting Clown Fish TV, I know they are garbage channel. I was quoting Screen Rant and then I quoted an article with Kevin Smith saying that the Screen Rant article was wrong.

Kevin Smith was responding to Clownfish TV because they made clickbait RAGE garbage in response to the ScreenRant clickbait that was based off old, outdated information.

Here's the tweet. He's responding to Clownfish TV.

Once again, Smith should not engage with them because it's not going to get him anywhere. And Clownfish TV is just going to continue with the nerd rage nonsense.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

At around the 8:00 mark in the video, Kevin Smith talks about the process for making the series. At around 16:25, he mentions there possibly being a panel during the virtual San Diego Comic Con.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Kevin Smith was responding to Clownfish TV because they made clickbait RAGE garbage in response to the ScreenRant clickbait that was based off old, outdated information.

Here's the tweet. He's responding to Clownfish TV.

Once again, Smith should not engage with them because it's not going to get him anywhere. And Clownfish TV is just going to continue with the nerd rage nonsense.

Regardless I did not quote Clown Fish TV or platform them and I think quoting an article debunking them is fine. I am not a fan of Clown Fish TV, to say the least.

Even if Screen Rant is wrong, it could have been an innocent mistake. Regardless, this is an interesting speculation article from Screen Rant, dealing with how this show could handle Skeletor.

This article suggests Skeletor will likely be darker here than in the Filmation show.

Also Henry Rollins talked about playing Tri-Klops:

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Regardless I did not quote Clown Fish TV or platform them and I think quoting an article debunking them is fine. I am not a fan of Clown Fish TV, to say the least.

Even if Screen Rant is wrong, it could have been an innocent mistake. Regardless, this is an interesting speculation article from Screen Rant, dealing with how this show could handle Skeletor.

This article suggests Skeletor will likely be darker here than in the Filmation show.

Also Henry Rollins talked about playing Tri-Klops:

I don't believe I said you were. I was responding to this situation mainly being sparked by nerdrage clickbait by Clownfish TV, which it was, and Smith was interacting with them on Twitter.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Some interesting articles, this one says that this new series is aimed at mostly at fans of the old show, though clearly its going to be more serious than the old show was:

A lot of the comics from the 80s and recently involving the Masters of the Universe were more serious than the Filmation cartoon, with the mini-comics version of Skeletor being quite ruthless and the 1982 DC comics Skeletor being a would-be mass murderer or the recent DC comics Skeletor who tried to destroy the multiverse and rebuild it to where he would rule it as an evil god.

This article talked about why this show is named Revelation (some minor spoilers in there):

There some revelations that this series could go with:

That Skeletor is secretly Keldor, He-Man's uncle, and that Teela is the Sorceress' daughter.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
There some revelations that this series could go with:
That Skeletor is secretly Keldor, He-Man's uncle, and that Teela is the Sorceress' daughter.
Those revelations are hardly spoilers as they weren't from recent material but material from the late Eighties minicomics for the former and the original series episode "Teela's Quest" for the latter.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
If it will have nods to the original and if it will be more serious in tone, that will be welcome. We lack that in action toons now-a-days. Is there a preview or release date for this thing?

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
How can they maintain the quality remotely? Even if they have some equipment at home it can't be as good as in the studio. Everyone having different things could results in the audio sounding off. Home recordings are okay for fan stuff and personal projects for sure, but I wouldn't risk it for something as big as a Netflix series. The actors aren't even engineers and you need a sound guy and a director for recordings sessions.

Frontier

Staff member
How can they maintain the quality remotely? Even if they have some equipment at home it can't be as good as in the studio. Everyone having different things could results in the audio sounding off. Home recordings are okay for fan stuff and personal projects for sure, but I wouldn't risk it for something as big as a Netflix series. The actors aren't even engineers and you need a sound guy and a director for recordings sessions.
That's why they have sound engineers who can make everything sound seamless :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts