Cartoon Network DVD Releases

Is this a stupid idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CN_Fanatic

Look any physical media collector of CN clearly knows they suck at releasing their stuff. I mean the stuff they did release was released relatively well in the mid to late 2000s, Billy and Mandy, Ed Edd n Eddy, but the problem is, they stopped continuing with releases. Some of my favorite shows only got a volume or two... cough Flapjack and Chowder cough.

I thought of something, and I know I'm definitely not the first to think of this idea and it's probably been tried before but... if we just really start to get a trend going on someplace like twitter (probably the best place for something like this) we may be able to get one the attention of WB/CN and two get them to listen. Look I know it's a long-shot but I think it's worth it. I was thinking we should try and get a complete series for Chowder, well I mean I want everything but I thought why not start there. So I thought why not try and start a hashtag on twitter, maybe try to get some bigger YTers to do it, hell maybe even get crew members to promote the hashtag. The main reason I thought of trying this was because I'd heard about how people put up enough of a fuss about the Snyder cut of Justice League and look I get that is a movie vs a tv show but I mean WB is putting 30 million into it, I doubt it takes that much to produce a couple of million copies of a DVD. And look I get people did more than just tweet for that cut but I mean I just think it's worth a shot. I've really lost hope and I guess I'm looking for any reason to regain it. Idk let me know if this is just an idiotic idea but if any of y'all want to give it a shot let's go for it. Share it around...
As for the people who want to do it, the hashtag should be something like #ReleaseACompleteSeriesofChowderonDVD or #CompleteSeriesofChowder!!!

Dusty

Superman.
I want all classic CN shows on Blu-Ray. But getting show’s only nastalgic fans would buy isn’t enough for WB. They’d need to do something like Total Drama Island, We Bare Bears, and whatever else is more relevant right now... but to maybe build a desire for classic CN shows, they could have the sets include promos and a couple episodes of other shows.
I want all the classic CN shows too, but I also would prefer BD instead of DVD as the quality doesn’t do the shows justice. Realistically, I’d see WB doing HD iTunes season sets before doing any physical media.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I don’t need a complete Chowder DVD series when I got every episode in HD on HBO Max.:chowder:

creator

I'd like to see more Cartoon Network shows released on home media, but I'm not sure that the general demand exists anymore.

CN_Fanatic

I want all classic CN shows on Blu-Ray. But getting show’s only nastalgic fans would buy isn’t enough for WB. They’d need to do something like Total Drama Island, We Bare Bears, and whatever else is more relevant right now... but to maybe build a desire for classic CN shows, they could have the sets include promos and a couple episodes of other shows.
I want all the classic CN shows too, but I also would prefer BD instead of DVD as the quality doesn’t do the shows justice. Realistically, I’d see WB doing HD iTunes season sets before doing any physical media.
Same but that's true, so hmm, I mean I'd love to see a Blu-Ray release of Craig of The Creek season 1. I also think you bring up an interesting point with the HD iTunes seasons, I think that is very likely and honestly, people could make their own blu rays. Sure you have to get a drive that can burn on BD-Rs but honestly, if we created a group where people put their talent together to make legitimate looking covers with effort and things like inserts that had an episode guide free to access to people, then all you'd have to do is buy the episodes on iTunes and download them and burn em on discs. Here's the thing, if they aren't going to release them officially why not make your own copy? Now I'm not condoning pirating but if they're available on iTunes just pay for it and there's an argument to be made about it being well within your right to strip the DRM off of the episodes to make your own DVDs or Blu-Rays ofc so long as you aren't selling them.
So maybe that's a better direction to head in. I think that's one of the big turn-offs for me in backing up shows I buy off of iTunes, I don't have really nice artwork that looks legitimate to emulate an actual release and I've tried making my own covers but truth be told I'm not an amazing graphic designer but if we had a community of people working on that stuff than we could provide something awesome for a lot of people.

I don't know how to get new sections made on this forum but I think it would be cool to dedicate a space to DVD/Blu-Ray creation where people can offer help to each other. Thoughts on that?
I don’t need a complete Chowder DVD series when I got every episode in HD on HBO Max.:chowder:
I mean yeah but for me, I prefer to have a physical copy.
I'd like to see more Cartoon Network shows released on home media, but I'm not sure that the general demand exists anymore.
Honestly, you're probably right, I know the diehard fans want it but maybe the numbers aren't as big as I'm hoping. But I mean hey we got Infinity Train so we have some hope. I really want like I said up above a Craig of The Creek season 1 release on Blu-Ray and I don't see that being out of the realm of possibilities especially if Infinity Train does get a Blu-Ray release.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts