Places to Watch Yu-Gi-Oh!

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
New episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! News, which features voice actor Billy Bob Thompson (who currently does VRAINS, and I think we ALL know by now that the dub of THAT show will NEVER be (legally) made available here in the U.S.) Also, starting today, this thread will be renamed "Places to Watch Yu-Gi-Oh! and More Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime News", which will cover Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and streaming news (and NOT merchandise (mostly); check the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Merch and Licensing Deals" thread)

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
Earlier in the year, I was expecting KCM to finish Vrains during the year, or at least get pretty close, but now that seems unlikely. Unless they somehow finished recording the rest of the series, I imagine that they would have had to put a hold on production due to the virus situation. They might be able to work on the script and other behind the scene production of the dub at their homes, but it would probably be too difficult to just get the actors to record all of their lines at their homes. It also doesn't help that there seemingly was a break for the Teletoon airings according to Wikipedia for nearly two months, so that means it will take even longer for them to air the rest of the series.

This also makes me think that they'd be more interested in a Sevens simulcast deal. While I'm pretty sure that they are going to do that anyway, I think that there would be even more incentive to do so. They most likely won't get close to finishing the Vrains dub this year, it's hard to say when they will be able to resume production and this could also make it potentially more difficult for a Sevens dub to come out next year. Giving it the simulcast treatment would allow for some legal means of watching the show and would give them at least some bit of money, especially when it's now hard to say when a Sevens dub could actually air at this point. The series premiered and I already miss the simulcast subs. It was such a good way to support the official release and it was the only good thing out of the Vrains era in my book. I'm sure that they'll put the series on Crunchyroll sooner rather than later, but it might take a couple of more weeks like it did with Vrains.

Reactions: RDG

RDG

I assumed that they were doing so in order to give people something more to watch during the current health situation, but maybe that wasn't the case if they only went through the first five episodes of 5D's.

Well, now they're streaming more than just the first 5 episodes (EDIT: A few more than just the first 5 eps.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_LIQ_6v45s

Last edited:

4Kids4EverFandom

Some updates to share about SEVENS Sub simulcast and Vrains Dub. Based on the email I received from konami cross media rep.

20200408_144818.jpg
20200408_144927.jpg
20200408_144851.jpg

Light Lucario

Staff member
Well they aren't going to mention anything about a simulcast in an email before they announce it to the general public. They didn't even announce the Digimon Adventure simulcast until the day before the series premiered and they actually tweeted about the series' initial announcement. So I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into that message for the time being.

I have no idea what KCM's plans are for the Vrains dub. It seems way too late to make that a priority given that they're so far behind the U.S. card releases and they most likely had to put a hold on its production given the current situation. I am still positive that they're going to give Sevens a simulcast. At most, it might take a bit longer to get the ball rolling. The Vrains simulcast didn't happen until about three weeks after it started. That might happen with Sevens or it takes a bit longer than that. I don't see them going back to waiting until they can get the DVD quality footage to start subbing it. Not subbing the series until the middle or end of its run seems rather counter productive, especially when they should have even more incentive to the series legally available now more than ever. They have nearly every other series available on the site, so I suspect it's just a matter of time before they do something with Sevens.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That isn't too surprising. I'm pretty sure that they did something similar with the new Pokemon series. They had the first episode available for a few days, but now they have it locked to people outside of Japan and we only get to see the next episode promos. In this case, I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't want to make it legally available worldwide in the case of a possible Crunchyroll deal. Either that or there were other legal issues involved that made them lock the episodes outside of Japan.

RDG

Last edited:

RDG

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Also, VRAINS has apparently been completely removed from Teletoon for the forseeable future

Where'd you get that from? New episodes air Sundays at 1PM throughout May, with reruns on Saturdays at the same time.

RDG

Where'd you get that from? New episodes air Sundays at 1PM throughout May, with reruns on Saturdays at the same time.

Someone mentioned it in the SEVENS Hiatus forum in the link above you

Light Lucario

Staff member
Someone mentioned it in the SEVENS Hiatus forum in the link above you

That's really not a good or reliable source for this claim. It also doesn't help that just a couple of posts down that same thread another person said that Teletoon have been airing new episodes of the Vrains dub since the end of April. I checked Wikipedia and they did air episode 75 just a couple of days ago. It's possible that the Wikipedia entry has been edited, but considering two different people have stated that Teletoon is still airing new Vrains dub episodes, I think it's legit. Teletoon most likely still has Vrains on their online schedule, which would also explain why the Wikipedia entry has the rest of May covered for English premiers.

I imagine that production has been put on hold for the dub for obvious reasons, but I don't think that there's any official confirmation of that yet and I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least the rest of season two dubbed by this point anyway. It might be easier for KCM to dub the remaining episodes at home considering that they only do one series at a time anyway.

I know that you like posting new updates, but please be more aware of your sources and double check them. This isn't the first time you've used shaky or questionable sources to make a claim.

aegisrawks

I agree with Light Lucario. If you want to be taken seriously you should use reliable official sources.

ALSO YAY YU GI OH IN MEXICO.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Question: Pokémon has Pokémon TV which technically acts as a streaming service. Does Yu-Gi-Oh have an equivalent?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Question: Pokémon has Pokémon TV which technically acts as a streaming service. Does Yu-Gi-Oh have an equivalent?

They kind of do. The official Yu-Gi-Oh! website, yugioh.com, does have a good chuck of the series available. They have every dub episode from the first series through Zexal available. They also have most of 5D's and about the first thirty episodes of Zexal subbed from Hulu. They don't have any Arc V dub episodes available yet for some reason and the Vrains dub isn't available either. There are other places to watch the Arc V dub legally, such as Netflix and Hulu, but at this point, there is no legal means to watch the Vrains dub. They don't even have it listed among the other series, which is pretty hilarious to me given that they're about halfway through the series in Canada. Pokemon.com often cycles through episodes every week or so, but they usually have episodes from each series available.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
They kind of do. The official Yu-Gi-Oh! website, yugioh.com, does have a good chuck of the series available. They have every dub episode from the first series through Zexal available. They also have most of 5D's and about the first thirty episodes of Zexal subbed from Hulu. They don't have any Arc V dub episodes available yet for some reason and the Vrains dub isn't available either. There are other places to watch the Arc V dub legally, such as Netflix and Hulu, but at this point, there is no legal means to watch the Vrains dub. They don't even have it listed among the other series, which is pretty hilarious to me given that they're about halfway through the series in Canada. Pokemon.com often cycles through episodes every week or so, but they usually have episodes from each series available.
I found out that Tubi a free streaming app has most of the Yu-Gi-Oh seasons are available dubbed. They also have a bunch of other anime and cartoons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts