"Superman: Man of Tomorrow" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Troodon

I could be wrong but this could either be an Archer or Primal style of animation
1588867909142.png
1588867921755.png

3rd wall 4th wall

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, quite intriguing if the movie used American animation studios like Radical Axis or Floyd County who do animation for Archer. I think that would be the first in this DTV line to go American. If I remember right, Floyd uses a combo of Adobe After Effects and Toon Boom Harmony.

Frontier

Staff member
Hmm, quite intriguing if the movie used American animation studios like Radical Axis or Floyd County who do animation for Archer. I think that would be the first in this DTV line to go American. If I remember right, Floyd uses a combo of Adobe After Effects and Toon Boom Harmony.
The animation gives me a modernized Fleischer aesthetic vibe, if that makes sense :).

Frontier

Staff member
I'm guessing you've seen the first look video? It's harder to tell just from still images alone, though those do look a bit 'cleaner' to me (more polished?) than ones from Archer would.
No I have not (and if anyone has, please don't post it on here or talk about without spoiler tags) that's just the vibe I'm getting from the screenshots :).

Otaku-sempai

No I have not (and if anyone has, please don't post it on here or talk about without spoiler tags) that's just the vibe I'm getting from the screenshots :).
Interesting. If you purchase this digitally, doesn't that include all of the Blu-ray extra features? If not, that sucks.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I really have to see what this looks like in motion. The art itself in the stills looks practically comic quality but then in some of the stills it almost gives me the vibe of something like the DC Nation Wonder Woman shorts. If these look great in motion on the DTV level, I'll be highly impressed.

It's a cool look for them to use, either way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ShadowStar

Runtime makes no difference to me. It's all about how you manage to write whatever you want to tell in the amount of time you have. Are Mask Of The Phantasm or Return Of The Joker affected by the 75 min runtime? Is Batman v Superman a better movie because it's 3 hours long?

No, but it's an opportunity for the creative team to display (or unleash) more of their potential. An extended runtime is by no means a guarantee that the film will be *good* -- and less is often more -- but you never know, the longer runtime might just benefit the project. I tend to be cautiously optimistic about this sort of thing. After all, the slightly longer runtimes for recent episodes of Young Justice have served the show well, so there's definitely a case for the idea that a longer runtime can be a good thing!

-batmat-

Yeah, of course. I just mean in general I see a lot of people on internet forums who always think the longer the movie, the better it is. Specially in the blu-ray.com forum. I just don't get it.

I wouldn't want to see a movie that is 90 minutes long by default and they had to stretch it out to fill the runtime, as much as I wouldn't want to see a 75 minutes one that didn't have enough runtime to acomplish what it set out to

Dallas Kinard

Runtime makes no difference to me. It's all about how you manage to write whatever you want to tell in the amount of time you have. Are Mask Of The Phantasm or Return Of The Joker affected by the 75 min runtime? Is Batman v Superman a better movie because it's 3 hours long?
Since "better" regarding art is 100% subjective, there is no objective answer to this question. Regarding BVS, if you want a studio meddled product, watch the theatrical. If you want the director's vision fully realized (as it was intended to be watched) stick with the Ultimate Cut, which IMO is far superior to the studio cut they put in theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts