Kids Choice Awards 2020 Discussion and news

wiley207

Homer's not having it that he lost to a sponge again...
Yup he's still mad! Homer.jpg

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I think SpongeBob should be permanently retired from that particular category. It could theoretically be nominated in some other categories, but it's time to let others win this one. All dynasties come to an end at some point.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together winners:

TELEVISION:

FAVORITE KIDS TV SHOW

Henry Danger

FAVORITE FAMILY TV SHOW
Stranger Things

FAVORITE REALITY SHOW
America’s Got Talent

FAVORITE TV HOST
Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen’s Game of Games)

FAVORITE ANIMATED SERIES
SpongeBob SquarePants

FAVORITE FEMALE TV STAR
Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven, Stranger Things)

FAVORITE MALE TV STAR
Jace Norman (Henry Hart / Kid Danger, Henry Danger)

FILM:

FAVORITE MOVIE

Avengers: Endgame

FAVORITE MOVIE ACTRESS
Dove Cameron (Mal, Descendants 3)

FAVORITE MOVIE ACTOR
Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw; Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Jumanji: The Next Level)

FAVORITE SUPERHERO
Tom Holland (Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Far From Home; Spider-Man, Avengers: Endgame)

FAVORITE ANIMATED MOVIE
Frozen 2

FAVORITE FEMALE VOICE FROM AN ANIMATED MOVIE
Beyoncé (Nala, The Lion King)

FAVORITE MALE VOICE FROM AN ANIMATED MOVIE
Josh Gad (Olaf, Frozen 2)

MUSIC:

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST

Ariana Grande

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST
Shawn Mendes

FAVORITE MUSIC GROUP
BTS

FAVORITE SONG
“bad guy”- Billie Eilish

FAVORITE MUSIC COLLABORATION
“Señorita”- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello

FAVORITE BREAKOUT NEW ARTIST
Lil Nas X

FAVORITE GLOBAL MUSIC STAR
Taylor Swift (North America)

OTHER CATEGORIES:

FAVORITE MALE SOCIAL STAR

David Dobrik

FAVORITE FEMALE SOCIAL STAR
Annie LeBlanc

FAVORITE GAMER
SSSniperWolf

FAVORITE VIDEO GAME
Minecraft

FAVORITE SOCIAL MUSIC STAR
JoJo Siwa

FAVORITE FEMALE SPORTS STAR
Alex Morgan

FAVORITE MALE SPORTS STAR
LeBron James

Last edited:

TMC1982

I think SpongeBob should be permanently retired from that particular category. It could theoretically be nominated in some other categories, but it's time to let others win this one. All dynasties come to an end at some point.

On a normal KCAs, the animated category and winner is usually made in passing. But given that it was obvious to anybody with common sense that SpongeBob was going to win for like the 19th time in a row (or whatever long it has been), it's funny that Nick would still take the time to devote a full segment here, towards the Favorite Cartoon Series category.

kanc

Just in case anyone missed KCA 2020: Celebrate Together, it is now available on Nick app and on demand. But last March The Best of the Kids Choice Awards full one hour was not added on demand nor Nick app.

Toons Fan

Just in case anyone missed KCA 2020: Celebrate Together, it is now available on Nick app and on demand. But last March The Best of the Kids Choice Awards full one hour was not added on demand nor Nick app.

The Best of the Kids Awards was added to Nick on Demand about two days later after it aired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TMC1982

Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together winners:

TELEVISION:

FAVORITE KIDS TV SHOW

Henry Danger

FAVORITE FAMILY TV SHOW
Stranger Things

FAVORITE REALITY SHOW
America’s Got Talent

FAVORITE TV HOST
Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen’s Game of Games)

FAVORITE ANIMATED SERIES
SpongeBob SquarePants

FAVORITE FEMALE TV STAR
Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven, Stranger Things)

FAVORITE MALE TV STAR
Jace Norman (Henry Hart / Kid Danger, Henry Danger)

FILM:

FAVORITE MOVIE

Avengers: Endgame

FAVORITE MOVIE ACTRESS
Dove Cameron (Mal, Descendants 3)

FAVORITE MOVIE ACTOR
Dwayne Johnson (Hobbs, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw; Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Jumanji: The Next Level)

FAVORITE SUPERHERO
Tom Holland (Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Far From Home; Spider-Man, Avengers: Endgame)

FAVORITE ANIMATED MOVIE
Frozen 2

FAVORITE FEMALE VOICE FROM AN ANIMATED MOVIE
Beyoncé (Nala, The Lion King)

FAVORITE MALE VOICE FROM AN ANIMATED MOVIE
Josh Gad (Olaf, Frozen 2)

MUSIC:

FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST

Ariana Grande

FAVORITE MALE ARTIST
Shawn Mendes

FAVORITE MUSIC GROUP
BTS

FAVORITE SONG
“bad guy”- Billie Eilish

FAVORITE MUSIC COLLABORATION
“Señorita”- Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello

FAVORITE BREAKOUT NEW ARTIST
Lil Nas X

FAVORITE GLOBAL MUSIC STAR
Taylor Swift (North America)

OTHER CATEGORIES:

FAVORITE MALE SOCIAL STAR

David Dobrik

FAVORITE FEMALE SOCIAL STAR
Annie LeBlanc

FAVORITE GAMER
SSSniperWolf

FAVORITE VIDEO GAME
Minecraft

FAVORITE SOCIAL MUSIC STAR
JoJo Siwa

FAVORITE FEMALE SPORTS STAR
Alex Morgan

FAVORITE MALE SPORTS STAR
LeBron James

I'm assuming or guessing that Nick consolidated the sports categories here because there's no guarantee or likelihood that there's going to be a Kids Choice Sports Awards this year.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Nickelodeon uploaded a condensed, 20 minute version of the program to YouTube. It's mainly showing who won the awards .

Light Lucario

Staff member
On a normal KCAs, the animated category and winner is usually made in passing. But given that it was obvious to anybody with common sense that SpongeBob was going to win for like the 19th time in a row (or whatever long it has been), it's funny that Nick would still take the time to devote a full segment here, towards the Favorite Cartoon Series category.

I'm sure that they wanted to have a segment so that they could have Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakkee show up. They don't do that every time Spongebob wins, but given the current situation, maybe they thought that kids would like to see them talking as Spongebob and Patrick for a little bit.

I know that people get annoyed when Spongebob wins all the time, but it's such a non-issue in my opinion. It's not like winning these awards is a sign of high quality. It really doesn't matter in the long run, but kids and celebrities have fun with this award show every year. It was definitely a different kind of award show this year, but I'm glad that they were still able to do something. I'm sure a lot of kids liked seeing more of their favorite celebrities and hearing some nice messages too.

TMC1982

I'm sure that they wanted to have a segment so that they could have Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakkee show up. They don't do that every time Spongebob wins, but given the current situation, maybe they thought that kids would like to see them talking as Spongebob and Patrick for a little bit.

I know that people get annoyed when Spongebob wins all the time, but it's such a non-issue in my opinion. It's not like winning these awards is a sign of high quality. It really doesn't matter in the long run, but kids and celebrities have fun with this award show every year. It was definitely a different kind of award show this year, but I'm glad that they were still able to do something. I'm sure a lot of kids liked seeing more of their favorite celebrities and hearing some nice messages too.

I personally try to not get too up in arms about who or what wins at the Kids' Choice Awards because simply put, who am I as an adult, to judge what the current generation of kids like? I'm sure that when I was a teenager or pre-teen I was into things that maybe an older demographic would side-eye.

kanc

Do people who used to watch Nick in childhood in late 90s to early to mid 2000s get so judgmental about Nick for current KCA or general Nick overall?

After all it was only the awards.. I do personally like people giving good speeches for when they win KCA category, and some slime. That's only thing I liked.

TMC1982

What the Crazy Days & Nights gossip/blind item site has recently "alleged" or alluded towards:
ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/03 **3**
I don't know why anyone is shocked that the A+ list singer beat out other nominees to win that kid award. These are decided in advance and whichever star has the biggest firepower and wants the award, gets to win it. This allows the other artists to not show up so they won't be embarrassed. Ariana Grande/"Kids’ Choice Awards" (Complete List of Winners for 'Kids' Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together') (Ariana Grande Gives SpongeBob Shout Out In Kids' Choice Awards 2020 Speech)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
What the Crazy Days & Nights gossip/blind item site has recently "alleged" or alluded towards:
ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/03 **3**
I don't know why anyone is shocked that the A+ list singer beat out other nominees to win that kid award. These are decided in advance and whichever star has the biggest firepower and wants the award, gets to win it. This allows the other artists to not show up so they won't be embarrassed. Ariana Grande/"Kids’ Choice Awards" (Complete List of Winners for 'Kids' Choice Awards 2020: Celebrate Together') (Ariana Grande Gives SpongeBob Shout Out In Kids' Choice Awards 2020 Speech)
That's not always true, believe it or not.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts