"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess Marvel Studios isn't that thorough :p.

I kind of wonder what the point was if they weren't trying to set something up...just make sure Loki lives somehow :confused:?
Yeah, guess it started as just a gag and the powers that be liked that it created an open door they could cultivate later on or not.

Freddy

I kind of wonder what the point was if they weren't trying to set something up...just make sure Loki lives somehow :confused:?

They needed a situation where going after the Tesseract in 2012 became hopeless and Avengers had to resort to going further back in time to get it and more Pym Particles. Loki taking the Tesseract and disappearing to unknown part of the universe accomplished that.

Frontier

Staff member
They needed a situation where going after the Tesseract in 2012 became hopeless and Avengers had to resort to going further back in time to get it and more Pym Particles. Loki taking the Tesseract and disappearing to unknown part of the universe accomplished that.
I get that from a plot perspective, but just in the sense that they left the fact that in the new timeline (or alternate timeline or whatever) Loki managed to escape with the Space Stone instead of going back to Asgard like he originally did as a dangling plot thread o_O.

the greenman

That's where the huge rift in time & reality as we knew it begins. I hope it becomes an issue dealt with in Doc Strange 2 & WandaVision. As I stated before, I believe Thanos' snap, time travel, and Tony's snap altered reality in major ways that we have yet to really see completely yet. I think the MCU as we knew it is not all the same. One reason I'm not all that convinced any of the pre-End Game tv series is canon now.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's where the huge rift in time & reality as we knew it begins. I hope it becomes an issue dealt with in Doc Strange 2 & WandaVision. As I stated before, I believe Thanos' snap, time travel, and Tony's snap altered reality in major ways that we have yet to really see completely yet. I think the MCU as we knew it is not all the same. One reason I'm not all that convinced any of the pre-End Game tv series is canon now.
I think Marvel Studios know what has to be cleared up and has at least a rough game plan for the next couple years/phases. I can see immediately, the TVA arrests AU Loki post-Endgame and returns the Space Stone to its place to the Stark Tower lobby in 2012. And as for the multiple uses of the Infinity Gauntlets and the Infinity Stones, I agree that's going to have ramifications. Whether something catastrophic like leaving little holes in reality giving way to big bads like the Brood or Annihilus creeping into the universe from their dimensions and/or the usage of the stones convinces the Celestials to do some early "house keeping" and expedite their M.O. -- we already know they factor into The Eternals. I also think the power vacuum left by Thanos and his cult and the 'up and comers' looking, who were too afraid to face Thanos, to fill it will also create a lot of strife.

the greenman

Oh yes, both Loki & WandaVision will be essential viewings at this point. There's some possibilities of Wanda being a mutant and knowing her father. I believe ( and this is just my geeky opinion ), that Marvel wanted Patrick Stewart appearing in a kinda "Crisis"-esque cameo in WandaVision or Dr. Strange 2.

Curious what all Black Widow has to fill in as well. Though I doubt it will have too much science fiction.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh yes, both Loki & WandaVision will be essential viewings at this point. There's some possibilities of Wanda being a mutant and knowing her father. I believe ( and this is just my geeky opinion ), that Marvel wanted Patrick Stewart appearing in a kinda "Crisis"-esque cameo in WandaVision or Dr. Strange 2.
Probably, pity he and Jackman are retired and won't reprise their roles. But that's how the cookie crumbles.

Curious what all Black Widow has to fill in as well. Though I doubt it will have too much science fiction.
I'm pretty sure BW will help set up the sort of 'next wave' geopolitical threats that they didn't have time to set up or mention in Endgame but will be recurring problems in Phase 4 and on (Ronin couldn't have killed everyone). Or it's really what they revealed so far like whoever restarted the Red Room whether it's Taskmaster or a surprise new villain/group. There's all the theories about Taskmaster - a person, a clone, a Super Adaptoid - and whether A.I.M. will resurface. They could come up again in Falcon & The Winter Soldier then perhaps picked up again like in the third Ant-Man. If anyone got their hands on the Cross Particles from the 1st one, A.I.M. seems like a logical choice.

Suffice to say, it will interesting to watch how much integration the streaming shows will have. They must be wondering if there will be blowback if they add in too much from the streaming series or how much they have to explain in a movie when x character/plot point from a streaming show is a factor. Or at this point, do they just assume the audience watched a required show beforehand or they'll go online after the movie and looks up articles about the movie's easter eggs and references to get an understanding of what the allusion was about. Like in Age of Ultron, Fury says he got the Helicarrier from old friend. If you kept up with AOS, you know the "old friend" was Coulson but if not you're in the dark and have to look it up (but as you pointed out, there's the "ouroboros" canon question with the TV shows - we don't need to beat that dead horse right now but that's just an example here to illustrate what I mean).

Frontier

Staff member
Suffice to say, it will interesting to watch how much integration the streaming shows will have. They must be wondering if there will be blowback if they add in too much from the streaming series or how much they have to explain in a movie when x character/plot point from a streaming show is a factor. Or at this point, do they just assume the audience watched a required show beforehand or they'll go online after the movie and looks up articles about the movie's easter eggs and references to get an understanding of what the allusion was about. Like in Age of Ultron, Fury says he got the Helicarrier from old friend. If you kept up with AOS, you know the "old friend" was Coulson but if not you're in the dark and have to look it up (but as you pointed out, there's the "ouroboros" canon question with the TV shows - we don't need to beat that dead horse right now but that's just an example here to illustrate what I mean).
We know the most direct continuation is WandaVision to Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness, so I think that might be the clearest indicator of how they're going to start referencing each other.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Rumor is Keanu Reeves is the top pick for Moon Knight. Though he doesn't have a Jewish background and will be busy with Matrix 4? I'm skeptical...

A new series titled Fury Files premieres on May 15.
You shouldn’t be surprised that Nick Fury has files on every single Marvel Super Hero," it reads. "Fury Files gives viewers top-secret access to S.H.I.E.L.D. intel on key Marvel heroes and villains. All of this is told by none other than the mysterious Fury, bringing together a mix of animation and motion comic art! Looking to download a bunch of information about every single hero? Fury’s got you covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.

Featured Posts