Tom Ascheim is the new person in charge of Cartoon Network

Corwin Haught

More importantly, he comes from a background of running mostly Teen-oriented channels, The N and ABC Family/Freeform. I don't know what this'll mean for Cartoon Network, or Adult Swim though.

That's not entirely positive-- The N edited Daria to ribbons.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
He'll only be able to add shows with "edge" to them , if that's what the uppers at Warner Media want for Cartoon network and the vision he wants , he won't do it just because he did it a ABC Family ---> Freeform , that channel had a different directive than CN. On the other side he could make Adult Swim have a spark again.

TheMisterManGuy

I gotta be honest, I'm concerned because of the whole turning ABC Family into Freeform thing.
ABC Family had already been going in that direction long before the Freeform re-brand. It made no sense for it to be called a "family channel" when by the time it changed its name, it already mostly catered to teenage girls and adults.

Eldorado

ABC Family had already been going in that direction long before the Freeform re-brand. It made no sense for it to be called a "family channel" when by the time it changed its name, it already mostly catered to teenage girls and adults.

Yes, but you'd think he'd try to rebrand it into a more watchable network.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
After a brief look at his portfolio, I believe that CN will have not only some more older-audience shows(through his work at The N and Freeform), but younger-audience shows too(through his work at Nick Jr., Noggin, and Sesame Workshop, who WB is currently in a relationship with), as well as better relations with WBA(who he is also president of alongside CN). Still too early to tell, though.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yes, but you'd think he'd try to rebrand it into a more watchable network.
I watched Cloak & Dagger which is literally the first show I EVER regularly watched on CBN/Family Channel/Fox Family/ABC Family/Freeform. Plus I might check out some Family Guy reruns. As far as I'm concerned that makes the 700 Club Channel more watchable than it has ever been.

MagicMagilla

There's a much bigger elephant in the room now to be looking at. Most talk seems to be all the cable channels will be under one cable group that answers to Sarnoff.

I doubt Ascheim will leave the organization due to Sarnoff bringing him in but there's a pretty large chance his position and purview may be altered in these rounds of reorganization. His position arrised because they only put CN, Boom and TCM under WB. The HBO, TBS, TNT and Trutv were under a different head, that's no longer the case and that guy is leaving the company.

There's zero talk yet about the animation studios. They pretty much just decided they only need one live action tv studio so Warner Bros Horizon is being folded into the main one. The internal posts will be divided into unscripted, scripted drama and scripted comedy. So we have to be somewhat skeptical if they say that to the live action people that they aren't going to want to change the fact their company owns 4 (well 5 technically) animation studios.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts