DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man

I would for WB to bring back John Semper Jr who produced Spider-Man: The Animated Series and came on to help the 3rd and 4th season of Satic Shock as one of the new producers, Semper will do a great job.
No thank you on Semper. His track record is inconsistent at best. Spider-Man TAS went downhill fast after the first season so I'd like to avoid that with DC's stuff. Talented guy and he's written some good stuff but no. Krieg seems like the clear choice and he's one of DC's best writers at the moment. I'm sure whoever it is will be a familair name.

Cartoonfan13

He does have an Instagram, but he doesn't really post much, just occasional art pieces and they're not all DC Animation-related. He did have some production commentary on Glenn Wong's Beware concepts, though.
Do you think if Glenn Murakami does take over, there will be Any Teen Titans Revival Movies, like there have been 2 DCAU Revival Movies?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if they'll still have Phil Bourassa contributing character designs or if he'll just migrate completely over to Young Justice.
Hard to notice if his work load has changed, he's only surfaced on social media 2 or 3 times in the past couple months. But yeah, perhaps he might no longer be the house artist and someone else would be taking that spot with that movie canon ending. Hmm.

EmaHalJordan

I hope this is not true! I don't want to see another Batman movie next year! :oops: :mad: I want Crisis Blackest Night Sinestro Corps War or original movies of Shazam Flash Aquaman Atom Hawkman New Gods GL/GA more Justice League more Titan!

If they wanted to make a new Batman movie they would have done the classic Batman and the Outsiders! At least we can enjoy other characters!

I am not naive! I know that they are not going to give their own movies to characters like Atom or Hawkman! But at least i want JLA movies focused in Martian Manhunter Atom Hawkman and Hawkgirl Firestorm.
Honestly I'm already bored by Batman movies, I love Batman but I got tired of watching a thousand movies of the same character.

I prefer to see more continuations of the DCEU. Tell us why we saw Hal Jordan in Justice League vs Fatal Five. Maybe the DCAU lived a Zero Hour! it would be great

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

I hope this is not true! I don't want to see another Batman movie next year! :oops: :mad: I want Crisis Blackest Night Sinestro Corps War or original movies of Shazam Flash Aquaman Atom Hawkman New Gods GL/GA more Justice League more Titan!

If they wanted to make a new Batman movie they would have done the classic Batman and the Outsiders! At least we can enjoy other characters!
Well, keep in mind that we do get 3-4 of the DCUAOMs a year, so at least one of them is bound to feature Batman. But, maybe only one.

Otaku-sempai

I'm assuming 2021 will have either both or one of the rumored Long Halloween films.
That would be good news to me, but probably not for EmaHalJordan. Alternately, The Long Halloween, Part 1 might be out at the end of 2021 with Part 2 coming at the beginning of the following year.

Frontier

Staff member
I am somewhat curious if the Coronavirus has impacted production for the current animated slate. I know they're generally well-ahead of each movies, but I'm not sure if production has been halted or what.

I guess they could probably get some work done from home, but probably not voice recording.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Voice recording can be done both in groups and in insolation. This can also count for actors living overseas (such as Jason Isaacs in the UK, and Superman Red Son, among other projects he's worked on, use American actors).

EmaHalJordan

A great 2021 would be:
1) DC Universe Rebirth or Justice League Rebirth
2) Justice League Panic in the Microverse (it would be like an Atom movie) or Justice League the tornado's path (it would be like an Red Tornado movie)
3) Green Lantern Sinestro Corps War! After so many years a new Green Lantern movie would be beautiful, the 2 old ones sold much more than the entire current line!

and a fourth why not!
4) Teen Titans ¿who is Donna Troy? or at least any other Donna Troy-centric story!
And to complete the best selection of DC Showcase to date: 1) Martian Manhunter 2) Hawkman 3) Mr.Miracle 4) Green Lantern & Flash The Brave and the Bold
Is it so difficult to obtain something like this? :rolleyes:

Otaku-sempai

A great 2021 would be:
1) DC Universe Rebirth or Justice League Rebirth
2) Justice League Panic in the Microverse (it would be like an Atom movie) or Justice League the tornado's path (it would be like an Red Tornado movie)
3) Green Lantern Sinestro Corps War! After so many years a new Green Lantern movie would be beautiful, the 2 old ones sold much more than the entire current line!

and a fourth why not!
4) Teen Titans ¿who is Donna Troy? or at least any other Donna Troy-centric story!
And to complete the best selection of DC Showcase to date: 1) Martian Manhunter 2) Hawkman 3) Mr.Miracle 4) Green Lantern & Flash The Brave and the Bold
Is it so difficult to obtain something like this? :rolleyes:
Are we likely to see the next DC Showcase collection (anchored by "Batman: A Death in the Family") in 2020 or 2021? I'm still pulling for an adaptation of JSA: The Liberty File.

EmaHalJordan

Are we likely to see the next DC Showcase collection (anchored by "Batman: A Death in the Family") in 2020 or 2021? I'm still pulling for an adaptation of JSA: The Liberty File.
The JSA should be featured in some JLA movie and then get its own movie.
I don't know what obsession is the fans with Batman but many other characters already need his movie. I can go 5 years without a new Batman movie watching the New Gods Dr.Fate Shazam Firestorm Atom Hawkman the JLI the JSA

Frontier

Staff member
Am I mis-remembering or did they say there would be more Showcase shorts coming out then the ones previously announced?

ShadowStar

I think that Batman: A Death in the Family is supposed to come out this year, though I'm not certain. Maybe it will be released alongside Superman: Man of Tomorrow? I'm fairly sure that it's part of the current batch of shorts that began with Sgt. Rock.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Am I mis-remembering or did they say there would be more Showcase shorts coming out then the ones previously announced?
I think that Batman: A Death in the Family is supposed to come out this year, though I'm not certain. Maybe it will be released alongside Superman: Man of Tomorrow? I'm fairly sure that it's part of the current batch of shorts that began with Sgt. Rock.
This is more for the Showcase thread but in July last year in the DC blog, they vaguely said the 2020 releases will have shorts. If that means Superman: Man of Tomorrow will have one, 50:50. A Death was set for late 2020, presumably still on track since Death for example was completed in March 2019.

Presumably in July, news about Man of Tomorrow and the 2021 slate that was going to be revealed at SDCC will be emailed to us so we should know by then if the movies will continue to have Showcase shorts.

Frontier

Staff member
Presumably in July, news about Man of Tomorrow and the 2021 slate that was going to be revealed at SDCC will be emailed to us so we should know by then if the movies will continue to have Showcase shorts.
Yeah, I have to imagine even if SDCC doesn't happen, they will still reveal the 2021 slate online like they have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts