"Justice League Dark: Apokolips War" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder will Grail or Barda appear
If this were a straight-up adaption of Darkseid War, I think that would be likely, but with it being more original I don't think we can say for sure what will be in it and what won't :sweat:.

I think we are likely to see some New Genesis presence (Metron is obviously in it).

Otaku-sempai

Strange that FilmRatings.com shows Justice League Dark: Apokolips War as a 2019 release. I've contacted them about that.

EDIT: Received a reply: "In reference to the film below, the 2019 date is referring to the year the film was rated NOT the year of the film’s release."

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Granted we don't know yet who will appear in the movie, but this could be the first time we see Darkseid, and other notable Apokolips inhabitants in an R-rated cartoon. I think only Knockout had this honor before, in Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay.

Frontier

Staff member
Granted we don't know yet who will appear in the movie, but this could be the first time we see Darkseid, and other notable Apokolips inhabitants in an R-rated cartoon. I think only Knockout had this honor before, in Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay.
Get ready for The Furies to cut people up (and maybe make some sexually suggestive comments) :p.

beyond94

I feel this movie should be a PG-13 film since it is a continuation from The Death And Return Of Superman and will have not Just Constantine and his group with the Justice League and the Titans as well. If you give it an R rating with intense gory violence that would be jading the audience who are not into the R rated films, That would say that after credits scene Superman was meaningless. When they do the Darkseid War I hope that his daughter Grail will be introduced and become a major threat in future animated movies. I love to hear actress Rachel Skarsten from Batwoman give life to the character in the animated shared universe

Troy Troodon

But how are they suppose to show are edgy, and more mature and adult they are?! (JK)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The cast has been revealed.
-Matt Ryan, Jerry O’Connell, and Taissa Farmiga anchor the cast as Constantine, Superman and Raven and are "the triumvirate determined to assemble the forces necessary to lead humanity’s final attack."

-Jason O’Mara as Batman, Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman, Shemar Moore as Cyborg and Christopher Gorham as The Flash, Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane and Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor, respectively.

-Tony Todd as the film’s the key villain, Darkseid

-Camilla Luddington as Zatanna, Ray Chase as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Roger R. Cross as John Stewart & Swamp Thing, Liam McIntyre as Captain Boomerang, Hynden Walch as Harley Quinn, Stuart Allan as Robin/Damian, Sachie Alessio as Lady Shiva, and John DiMaggio as King Shark.

EmaHalJordan

-Matt Ryan, Jerry O’Connell, and Taissa Farmiga anchor the cast as Constantine, Superman and Raven and are "the triumvirate determined to assemble the forces necessary to lead humanity’s final attack."

-Jason O’Mara as Batman, Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman, Shemar Moore as Cyborg and Christopher Gorham as The Flash, Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane and Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor, respectively.

-Camilla Luddington as Zatanna, Ray Chase as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Roger R. Cross as John Stewart & Swamp Thing, Liam McIntyre as Captain Boomerang, Hynden Walch as Harley Quinn, Stuart Allan as Robin/Damian, Sachie Alessio as Lady Shiva, and John DiMaggio as King Shark.
Lady Shiva? Harley Quinn? Damian? King Shark? Mmmm I am looking forward to this movie but I am outraged that the animated films still do not use Ray Palmer Atom. :(
I am also surprised that Hal Jordan Hawkman Martian Manhunter Aquaman and Donna Troy are not in the cast.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Lady Shiva? Harley Quinn? Damian? King Shark? Mmmm I am looking forward to this movie but I am outraged that the animated films still do not use Ray Palmer Atom. :(
I am also surprised that Hal Jordan Hawkman Martian Manhunter Aquaman and Donna Troy are not in the cast.
You mean speaking? Because the still in the article shows those 3 are in the movie. And as for Donna, she was in the past still that Jim Lee showed at a con. So they're at least appearing. They still might have minor speaking roles.

Frontier

Staff member

Wow, this is a pretty stacked cast! Also a lot of different groups from different movies all coming together for this film :D.

It's also nice to see they were able to get back all these VA's without a single recast (even if some of them started out as recasts to begin with). Yay for VA consistency :anime:.

It sounds like instead of being a JLD film we've got a great mix of characters headlined by reps of each of the main groups in Constantine, Superman, and Raven :).

So we've got the League, the JLD, the Titans, the Suicide Squad, and...maybe the League of Assassins? Unless Shiva's been arrested and thrown into the Squad :ack:.

At least they managed to catch Harley after Hush ;).

I assume Ray Chase is just playing Etrigan now unless they find some way to bring Jason Blood back :confused:.

I'm glad they'll get to address Swamp Thing's current status after he was separated from Alec Holland in the last JLD movie o_O.

Hal and John are both in this, though it seems like maybe only John gets lines...

I'm disappointed Zatanna isn't wearing her proper costume :(.

I'm curious what new Apokolips characters we might see...voice cast definitely doesn't spoil that :eek:.

Oh hey, Shazam is finally back! Are they going to explain where he's been all this time :p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts