The Owl House News And Discussion Thread

Ansi_Molina

Either way, there's still a mystery. Plus, in every episode, and eye code shows. It may lead to whoever cursed Eda and why. Four codes have been broken saying "Two Witches Torn Apart..."

Where did you learn that the code was broken? Was in on this site...or some where else? Reddit?

Although what she said about Luz not being able to learn magic might hurt at first (it is clear that this magic thing isn't something humans can't just pick up and do daily, which makes sense, honestly.), I admire that Luz isn't giving up. That's a great character in the making right there, IMHO.

100% agree. It seems like it is going to lead to some hacks so that Luz can do it, which is going to be interesting.

Amity is going to be a classic pompous rival.

I'm not sure about "classic." She seems empathetic toward Luz...so I'm thinking it might be more of a love/hate or "admiring rival"...which is a term I think I just made up, lol.

I wonder if jealousy will ever be a theme between them?

I'm sure it will be!

King going to all the booths just so that he could get free stuff had me chuckling.

"offerings!"....lmao!

If there's one criticism I have, it's the rather overt focus on institutional learning being bad(at least according to Eda)which I'm hoping gets somewhat challenged since it misses the point of why these places come into being in the first place and the whole individuality thing given that Luz is a nice girl, but the stuff she did in school would have gotten her straight up expelled and was legitimately dangerous. I think these things would have been better done a different way in my opinion.

I agree. I hope it doesn't tilt too much toward school=bad, society=bad, etc.

Something tells me he is keeping the covens separate for a reason, and it won't be a good one to us.

Ohhhh....good point! It is his way (government's way?) of dividing people and encouraging them to work against each other instead of with each other...perhaps?

StellaMagic

Where did you learn that the code was broken? Was in on this site...or some where else? Reddit?

100% agree. It seems like it is going to lead to some hacks so that Luz can do it, which is going to be interesting.

I'm not sure about "classic." She seems empathetic toward Luz...so I'm thinking it might be more of a love/hate or "admiring rival"...which is a term I think I just made up, lol.

I'm sure it will be!

"offerings!"....lmao!

I agree. I hope it doesn't tilt too much toward school=bad, society=bad, etc.

Ohhhh....good point! It is his way (government's way?) of dividing people and encouraging them to work against each other instead of with each other...perhaps?

I learned the code from researching the alphabet in different forms. Everyone at reddit helped.

Korra_Fan

I think Dudley meant the classic anime-style rival: starts off aloof, arrogant, dislikes the protagonist and is better than them at stuff, but then as time goes on they warm up due to mutual respect they share with the protagonist and ultimately they start teaming up as allies more often than they fight as rivals. That definitely seems to be Amity's trajectory.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I think Dudley meant the classic anime-style rival: starts off aloof, arrogant, dislikes the protagonist and is better than them at stuff, but then as time goes on they warm up due to mutual respect they share with the protagonist and ultimately they start teaming up as allies more often than they fight as rivals. That definitely seems to be Amity's trajectory.

Yeah... like a good anime. THAT is the route they need to be aiming for - and remember: Amity has done nothing wrong. If anything, her attitude comes from how she takes her work in the craft seriously. Something I can actually respect and something Luz could use a little more of, but not too much that it breaks her character (even though Luz could stand to take things more seriously when it comes to being her own magician, which I bet deep down is what Amity wants if they're going to be legit friendly rivals at least, honestly.....).

doomrider7

That One Guy
Yeah... like a good anime. THAT is the route they need to be aiming for - and remember: Amity has done nothing wrong. If anything, her attitude comes from how she takes her work in the craft seriously. Something I can actually respect and something Luz could use a little more of, but not too much that it breaks her character (even though Luz could stand to take things more seriously when it comes to being her own magician, which I bet deep down is what Amity wants if they're going to be legit friendly rivals at least, honestly.....).

I said this elsewhere, but Luz and Amity are the Akko and Diana of this show and I expect a similar Tearjercky backstory for Amity similar to Diana's.

zoombie

I said this elsewhere, but Luz and Amity are the Akko and Diana of this show and I expect a similar Tearjercky backstory for Amity similar to Diana's.

If we going to that comparison. Does that also make Eda and Lilith, Chariot and Croax?

I also think Amity is also comparable to Pacifica, if so this is the mini golf war episode comparison.

StellaMagic

Hey, guys. TheNextBigThing brought up a theory in one of his videos on youtube. He said that the magic that is repressed while you join a coven gets sent to the Emperor.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
So a question for the room: does anyone outside of here (I know for a fact with how everyone here seems to be enjoying it, hopefully doesn't think this.) think this is a rip-off of Star Vs., so far? I've sadly seen people this this.

Personally, I think such a comparison is really stupid and those that do it likely haven't given this show the fair chance it actually more than deserves, honestly, to make such a comparison, knowing these are far different beasts (plus I know which one I like more after only a couple of episodes, myself, so yeah...).

5YearsOnEastCoast

So a question for the room: does anyone outside of here (I know for a fact with how everyone here seems to be enjoying it, hopefully doesn't think this.) think this is a rip-off of Star Vs., so far? I've sadly seen people this this.

Personally, I think such a comparison is really stupid and those that do it likely haven't given this show the fair chance it actually more than deserves, honestly, to make such a comparison, knowing these are far different beasts (plus I know which one I like more after only a couple of episodes, myself, so yeah...).

Where did you hear that people were calling Owl House a Star vs Forces of Evil rip off.
I also don't like how some people misuse the term "rip-off".

doomrider7

That One Guy

First time hearing that one. Similar to Star vs. I've heard a hit, but even then that's stretching it. Either way, that comparison is dumb as are the people making it.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Whatever on how y'all described it, to me I wouldn't describe it as similar to GF regardless if that person was an alumni of a particular show that they previously worked. So I wouldn't see it as a big of a deal as everyone else does.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts