"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Fear Not"

I love the relationship between Supersonic Sue and Stu. She is SO supportive of her dimwitted grandson, it's endearing. When she gives him a kiss at the end of the episode I was like "I don't care if they're crooks, I love them both unreservedly."

Baymax has concerns. That was a great line. I also love Sue calling Gogo Skatertot.

I think the best part of the episode was probably Ronny's seriously chill and low-key prerecorded distress-call message. He doesn't seem to care either way, which just makes me love him more. One of the selling points of this being a Disney show rather than a Marvel one is that they are allowed to make the characters lovable. Outside of Hulk and Thing, and occasionally Spider-Man when he isn't infuriating me, there aren't a ton of Marvel characters I think of as lovable. But cute characters crawl out of the woodwork on this show, simply because it's Disney. It's so much fun to watch a superhero comic cartoon where I never wind up feeling bad. It's refreshing is what it is.

That was fun. ****.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out Big Hero 6: The Series! Disney XD will premiere 2 new episodes today starting at 10:00 A.M. EST! Don't miss the second season finale!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Legacies, Parts 1-2"
Episode Debut - February 8th, 2020

Chief Cruz and the police get the upper hand in their battle with both villains and Big Hero 6 when they begin using Buddy Guardians, powerful new robots produced by Krei Tech.

*Horatio Sanz (“Saturday Night Live”) returns as El Fuego, Isabella Gomez (“One Day at a Time”) returns as Megan and Nestor Carbonell (“The Dark Knight”) returns as Chief Cruz.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

ShadowBeast

Legacies: As soon as Obake's symbol was revealed, it took me mere seconds to know that Trina was actually behind it. It makes sense since it was hinted earlier in the season that Trina was working on something and she was upset about Obake's "death" and seemed to be about the robot-brethren thing. I'm still very sure that Obake is alive. No body was found, and Obake never did anything with the piece of Globby he took.
as for the whole plot,......I think this was the weakest plot of the series so far. The monster-arc was better and I just don't like Chief Cruz or his daughter. It also bothered me that Hiro revealed his identity to Chief Cruz, it just felt unnecessary for him to do that. With Stan Lee gone, Chief Cruz's backstory practically begged for an explanation from Boss Awesome. Which would've been a good scene for the arc.
Trina's role was good, but it did feel a little underwhelming since it felt like her role was overshadowed by Chief Cruz's anti-superhero agenda. The way Hiro ruined her plan was weak as well. BH6 has yet to remove Obake's card from Noodle Burger Boy and yet, Hiro's little robots were able to remove them from the buddy guardians so easily.
I wouldn't be surprised if the plans Trina found were rejected plans that Obake had scrapped. I wonder what will happen to Trina now that she's been caught. There's still NBB who could free her, or maybe Obake when/if he's revealed to be alive.
I wasn't expecting a graduation finale(at least not so soon). I guess this means that the school will no longer be shown or mention, except in very minor scenarios.

Korra_Fan

Agreed on this arc being the weakest. I cannot believe that Chekhov's Gun never fired: why put Hardlight as an employee of Krei Tech specifically working on tech being sold to Chief Cruz, and then not have him involved in the finale? Why cast Ron Stoppable to voice him, and then not put him alongside Kim Possible in her evil scheme? Maybe that will happen in Season 3, but honestly it should have happened here. Trina and NBB on their own have been defeated enough times so that they just didn't carry the level of threat they needed to, certainly nowhere close to Obake's level from the Season 1 finale despite Trina's efforts.

I wasn't expecting a graduation finale(at least not so soon). I guess this means that the school will no longer be shown or mention, except in very minor scenarios.

I believe that was Tadashi's class that was graduating, not Hiro's. Hiro was giving a speech for Tadashi because this would have been when Tadashi graduated had he still been alive.

zoombie

So not that they caught Trina, what do they do with her? She is not human, so she has no human rights, so no reason they can't kill her or bring her "off line".

So this could be the series finale, if so it is not a terrible finale.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I thought this finale was stronger than "City of Monsters", but the overall arc is weaker than that story arc. Neither of them unfortunately reach the heights of season one. I hope they use the season one format in the future.

I cannot believe that Chekhov's Gun never fired: why put Hardlight as an employee of Krei Tech specifically working on tech being sold to Chief Cruz, and then not have him involved in the finale? Why cast Ron Stoppable to voice him, and then not put him alongside Kim Possible in her evil scheme? Maybe that will happen in Season 3, but honestly it should have happened here.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if Hardlight's reveal was going to play a part in the current arc or if it was a hint at the next arc, just like "The Big Problem" set up Liv Amara and "Write Turn Here" foreshadowed this arc. I guess it's more of the latter.

So this could be the series finale, if so it is not a terrible finale.

We've got a season three coming. It was first announced right before season two's premiere.

BlackoutCreature

No you fools, you can't send Noodle Burger Boy into space! The cosmic radiation will make him even more powerful and he will return with an army of Noodle Burger Aliens!

And man, I wish I could pull off that untucked shirt/tie/shorts combo that Hiro was rocking at the graduation. My family still complains about me wearing sneakers to my sisters wedding.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
And man, I wish I could pull off that untucked shirt/tie/shorts combo that Hiro was rocking at the graduation. My family still complains about me wearing sneakers to my sisters wedding.
I love you for you.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Legacies"

Megan's birthday is supposedly 4119 which means April 1, 2019 so the series is set about 13 years in the future. Do I have that right?

Love Globby's appearance and his hug with Felony Carl at the end.

So is Krei in trouble at the end or not? Because it really seems like he should be.

Megamax is far too big and powerful to believe he was constructed on such short notice. I didn't buy that for a second. I did like the idea of the robots being replaced with Tadashi's Baymax chips. That I could believe.

I feel like Hiro was far too quick to reveal the identities to Cruz upon him saying he was wrong. That strikes me as a situation where a little trust should have been built first.

Good finale. ****.

BlackoutCreature

Megan's birthday is supposedly 4119 which means April 1, 2019 so the series is set about 13 years in the future. Do I have that right?
2032 is generally accepted as the year that the movie took place in, so that would fit. But I could swear stuff has shown up in the series to contradict that date (although I'm blanking on the what's and where's off the top of my head)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I have to say, I'm a little bit perturbed at the negative reception the season has gotten because of that finale. I mean, yeah it was underwhelming, but it was also solid, while both DuckTales and Tangled have turned into the hottest of messes. I'll take underwhelming but solid and like it.

SweetShop209

The finale like feel of "Legacies" reminds me of how "Kim Possible: So The Drama" was meant to be the series finale before being renewed for season 4.

Orangesilentplanet

Loved how Trina was in the finale. She was so snarky with references, even when there was a rumor that she and Hiro were . .. . what would be the great way to say it? Didn't care for her going back to her robot body. Loved the ending, even if it may not have hit all the right notes with everyone. Got to see a quick cameo of Karmi. Hm. . . Wouldn't it be heartbreaking that if she did come back, it would be that she's grown up quite a bit and has a new boyfriend? Hiro grows best when he has angst in his life.

--Jthree

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I have to say, I'm a little bit perturbed at the negative reception the season has gotten because of that finale.

It wasn't bad at all. I overall enjoyed it and it relieved some pessimism I had during this arc. I liked some individual episodes a lot. At least in my case, I just had some issues with it, but they're nothing that future episodes couldn't improve. Honestly, I prefer a show that I have some issues with, but still watch and engage with, than one I just flat-out drop.

The finale like feel of "Legacies" reminds me of how "Kim Possible: So The Drama" was meant to be the series finale before being renewed for season 4.

I know I responded to this remark in another forum, but I don't really get that vibe at all. Too many loose ends (Hardlight, Baymax's original body, Cruz's reason for coming to San Fransokyo, etc.), plus half of Big Hero 6 graduating seems to set up a new status quo, which I'm very much looking forward to.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts