Worst Reboot: Powerpuff Girls or Ben 10

powerjake

Banned
Sinse both Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 got reboots, which series do you think is worse how it reimagined the characters and dumbing everything down. So far fans of the originals have not taken these two cartoons lightly.

ShadowBeast

I'd say the Powerpuff Girls. The only issue I have with the Ben 20 reboot is Charmcaster's design, otherwise, it's just a more comedic version of the original, that is at least made by the creator of the franchise. The Powerpuff Girls reboot on the other hand, had a lot of issues. It did had a few good episodes though, I did like how HIM was used in the beginning, though even that went downhill with the character.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I barely watched both of them, but I don't know what exactly should I say about them. Maybe a tie.

Both shows had to be remade for "kids today", because the mindset we have now is completely different from the mindset of the times each show's original series was on.

powerjake

Banned
PPG is easily worse. The writing and animation are so inconsistent and incompetent that it's unbearable.
I would rather watch any iteration of Ben 10 over the PPG reboot.

Did Cartoon Network say anything about cancelling the PPG reboot yet?.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I barely watch either, but PPG's reboot gets the edge as the WORST, no questions asked from me, especially as a classic PPG fan (especially for S1 to S4 of said show with me.).

Ben 10's reboot, while not worth my time, has Ben and Gwen get along better than the original. Too bad that doesn't help said show out from all of its other problems, unfortunately.

powerjake

Banned
I barely watch either, but PPG's reboot gets the edge as the WORST, no questions asked from me, especially as a classic PPG fan (especially for S1 to S4 of said show with me.).

Ben 10's reboot, while not worth my time, has Ben and Gwen get along better than the original. Too bad that doesn't help said show out from all of its other problems, unfortunately.

That PPG reboot has become very infamous that Craig McCracken even hates it. The Ben 10 reboot is nothing but a flatout comedy.

SweetShop209

That PPG reboot has become very infamous that Craig McCracken even hates it.
Where was it said that he hated the series? I believe he said something along the lines of not wanting to reboot/revive the series, and doesn't want to watch it, but understands that it was made for profit.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Ben 10. Hands down. The Powerpuff Girls is merely boring and sometimes badly written. Ben 10 is outright detestable. I cannot stand that character or that show. The Powerpuff Girls is bland but it doesn't ever piss me off the way the Ben 10 reboot does.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Ben 10. Hands down. The Powerpuff Girls is merely boring and sometimes badly written. Ben 10 is outright detestable. I cannot stand that character or that show. The Powerpuff Girls is bland but it doesn't ever piss me off the way the Ben 10 reboot does.
But you don't like the original either, and you want reboots to stay loyal to the original, so doesn't that make the reboot good? ;)

For me, personally, the Powerpuff Girls reboot is clearly worse than the Ben 10 reboot.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
But you don't like the original either, and you want reboots to stay loyal to the original, so doesn't that make the reboot good? ;)
It makes the reboot different. And yes, I do think it's slightly better than the original show. It's still not that great. But Ben 10 is an abomination.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
I like the Ben 10 Reboot. But I come in as someone who never cared for the original or its spin-offs, so hey, to each their own.

As for PPG, I liked a few of the early eps ok, but then just lost interest. It just....isn't very good IMHO.

That said the bashing of reboots of things is so ridiculous at this point i feel threads dedicated to such are just a waste of time and energy, so...yeah.

Plus there's lots of genuinely good reboots out there like Ducktales, Rise of the TMNT, etc. Why not focus on the ones you like instead of bringing down the ones you don't?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
@SourSweetGone, to be honest, you ain't wrong...

Ducktales 2017 remains the BEST reboot of things to be rebooted, alongside the Mickey Mouse shorts (circa 2013).

Those are the kinds of reboots we need more of, not less, honestly.

LinusFan303

Squeak
I tried to watch PPG 2016 , gave it chance but the first 12 episodes (I did 12 to give it chance) and it really never gelled with me ; the one thing is the show never felt like Powerpuff girls and didn't offer anything new either, I say it's not the best reboot.
The Ben 10 reboot has become one of my favorite shows , I think it does a great job at feeling like Ben 10 but also giving something of it own to give it a reason to exist.

JTOONSAnimation

The Powerpuff Girls. It tries to be like the original series while also trying to be it's own thing. It feels like someone made a different superhero show and said "Hey, lets put the Powerpuff Girls characters in it" (the ones who weren't cut anyway).

Ben 10 has SO MANY iterations from TV shows and movies, I haven't been interested in it in years.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts