Marvel and Hasbro "Bend & Flex" Animated Shorts News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel announced a series of animated shorts featuring bendable, flexible action figures. The first short will premiere on Marvel HQ next week, on Friday, January 24th.
Coming to Marvel HQ YouTube is the exciting exclusive debut of Bend & Flex, an all-new Marvel and Hasbro animated short collaborative series featuring bendable, flexible Marvel-inspired action figures! The first installment “The Lunch Break,” which premieres January 24, sees Iron Man joining Spider-Man for a well-deserved lunch break, but Spidey’s meal is interrupted when a construction site emergency triggers his Spider-Sense! He leaps into action, but can he save the day and hold onto his lunch at the same time?

Comments?

Frontier

Staff member
When I read "Hasbro" and "Flex" I thought to myself "Are they finally bringing back Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters?" :sweat:.

I'm curious if these shorts will be more like the Marvel Super Hero Adventures shorts or like the Funko shorts. Will there be voice acting :confused:?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
When I read "Hasbro" and "Flex" I thought to myself "Are they finally bringing back Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters?" :sweat:.

You too, huh? I think I was actually just grieving the show 2 days ago. Season 3 would be such good news right now.

I'm not sure just how interested I am in this project. You would think I'd just be excited to get some shorts but we get so much of this toyline specific animation. As much as it was a toy commercial, Super Hero Squad never really felt like one to me. The Lego and Funko stuff can be either hit or mehverage. I just can't help but feel that this will be going down very familiar territory but I'm very open to them proving me wrong. I'd probably feel more optimistic if this wasn't all there was on the near horizon (besides Maximum Venom).

I wouldn't mind some cool little shorts like Galaxy of Adventures, Ant-Man or Rocket and Groot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member

Here's the first one.
I love how they have a disclaimer at the start and everything. "Animated Fantasy" reminds me of "Amazing Fantasy" ;).

So yeah, these are like Funko shorts of toy figurine versions of Marvel Heroes having wordless and fun adventures :).

The stop-motion animation is pretty good here. Actually looks more fluid and dynamic compared to the animation in the actual Marvel cartoons :p.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel Bend And Flex "Iron Man And Spidey Spring Into Action"

Are we going to get that disclaimer at the beginning every episode? Because that's going to get old. I know it's a toy commercial aimed at little kids, and they need it, but still.

I liked it. I liked the animation and how everything was clear even without dialogue. But how do Spidey and Iron Man eat sandwiches while wearing their masks? ****.

Well, when is stop motion not fluid in its animation?
Two words: Robot Chicken.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It seems this will be a monthly series. Towards the end of this article, there's a description of the next short, scheduled for February 21st.
Coming to Marvel HQ YouTube is the second installment of Bend & Flex, a Marvel and Hasbro animated short collaborative series featuring bendable, flexible Marvel-inspired action figures! The newest episode “Shield of Screams,” which premieres February 21st, sees Captain America pleasantly surprised when Spider-Man bakes him some patriotic cupcakes. But their treat is interrupted when Venom breaks in and steals Cap’s shield, leading to an epic chase through Avengers Tower!

SweetShop209

Here is Shield Of Screams.

Screenshot_20200221-080105.png

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel Bend & Flex "Shield Of Screams"

That is SO funny. I love Venom clapping with Spidey at the end and then Spidey nailing him with a web blaster. Even funnier is that Venom was allowed to lick the cupcake.

I loved it. *****.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Description for the next short, premiering on March 20th.
March will also see the third installment of Bend & Flex, a collaborative Marvel and Hasbro animated short series featuring bendable, flexible Marvel-inspired action figures! The latest episode “Bend of the Watch,” which premieres March 20, sees Spider-Man swinging onto the scene when Green Goblin tries stealing a prized gem from a museum. But despite how fast and flexible Spidey is, sometimes even he needs a helping hand to fight crime!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts