General International TV Channels Thread

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
DTT there is a disaster, not even all relays in the mainland got ready!

Yeah! There are many relayers that aren’t ready for DTV. In Fernando de Noronha (Pernambuco) the entire island isn’t geographically far from the Brazilian mainland. Only Globo Nordeste has started DTV relays there. (thanks to a digital terrestrial dish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
And in Portugal it was also a disaster, there were many shadow areas and a lack of care by the government. Olans for a civilized network never came to fruition.

ElMinimaxito

9GO! (2013) (Australia)
Image388.jpg

True Spark (2017) (Thailand)
IMG_1848.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
My bad. IIRC there were two relayers of mainland TV there plus the local channel in 2011, according to sources I found then.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
MEO added TRT World on Friday, it's the first Turkish channel to come to Portugal, yet it's in English. I have the feeling that the only Middle Eastern channels we have here are all English-speaking news channels - we also have the English feed of Al-Jazeera and in the past we had Press TV. Maybe the reason we don't get channels in Turkish or Arabic might be because many people believe that these languages are hard to understand.

@animegamer has a few. These mostly come from an Asiasat-5 transponder from Globecast carrying Arabic channels. From my knowledge they recently removed Oman TV (from Bengal Digital), probably due to room for new channels.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
In Argentina there are 6 major channels. (America TV, NET TV, TPA, eltrece, Telefe, el nueve) The commercial channels transmit via affiliates or representatives. TPA has retransmitters all across Argentina.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Here's something I saved from TVARK from the brief period it was online days ago under the new site. They say it will return soon but we don't know when.

"Do you live in any of these countries? We'd love to feature TV recordings from your country! Australia, Barbados, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Botswana, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, China, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Fiji, Gibraltar, Greenland, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jamaica, India, Israel, Luxembourg, South Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saint Maarten, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe."

I just got thrown in at "Saint (Sint) Maarten"

They don't have local TV, not even on the French and Dutch sides

besides the French side is served by Guadeloupe la 1ère

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Here's something I saved from TVARK from the brief period it was online days ago under the new site. They say it will return soon but we don't know when.

"Do you live in any of these countries? We'd love to feature TV recordings from your country! Australia, Barbados, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Botswana, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, China, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Fiji, Gibraltar, Greenland, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jamaica, India, Israel, Luxembourg, South Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saint Maarten, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe."

Are the rest of the regional la 1ère channels available on cable and satellite in France?

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel

Saint Martin gets IO TV (local French channel), TV5 Monde, France 24, BVN and maybe more.

TheDetective

As per Lunar New Year tradition, all VTV channels have merged into one tonight
vtv.PNG

Every night before the Lunar New Year, VTV would air "Gặp Nhau Cuối Năm" (Meeting at the End of the Year), a 2h comedy stage special that features a satirical view on last year's popular events. From 2003-2019, the show's plot revolves about "Táo Quân" (Kitchen Gods) reporting events to the Emperor (Thượng Hoàng) at Heaven Kingdom (Thiên Đình).
This year's plot, however, is based on the life of the fictional characters from various Vietnamese short stories and novels in Vũ Đại Village, the village from the short story "Chí Phèo" by Nam Cao, if they live in 2019.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts