"Venom: Let There Be Carnage" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TargetmasterJoe

Groan.

This bugged me since I still see Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters as a cheap way to one-up Marvel, but if this keeps Spidey in the MCU, I guess there could be worser things.

Thinking about it, this could make or break any kind of theory that the SUMC is really just the MCU as licensed by Sony if Venom 2 establishes that Venom 1 took place during the five-year time skip in Avengers: Endgame and Venom 2 takes place a while after Spider-Man: Far From Home, which saw Peter on the lam courtesy of Mysterio.

But Sony doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence given who’s running the joint (cough cough Tom Rothman cough cough).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm praying it's just a non-canon cameo of Holland as a pizza delivery boy.
You guys are thinking too literally about canon. If Marvel Studios really has a problem with the canon they can ignore Venom. The new contract allows them to discuss it but anyone think Feige will? I mean, the Marvel TV shows were supposed to be canon too but the movies never bring them up. It's possible the Venom movies will only be MCU canon in the Venom movies themselves.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Or thinking about it just like how the J.K Simmons J. Jonah Jamenson from the Sam Ramni movies is a different J. Jonah Jamenson then the one J.K Simmons plays in the MCU, this Tom Holland Spider-Man could be one totally separate from the MCU. i mean Spider Man Far From Home hinted at a multiverse that Dr. Strange's sequel will deal with more directly so it can already be assumed there's a multi verse in place so they are just going to say the Venomverse is it's own universe with it's own Peter Parker that yeah is Tom Holland but one who works differently then the one in the MCU films. Honestly I'm hoping they go with that if they are going to have Holland in these movies: IMHO it's too late to really do the whole Venom rivarly properly within the Venomverse but you could still have fun with a different kind of take on the character. Hell what if like the take of Peter Parker in the Venomverse had him as more a criminal Spider-Man to showcase Venom as more the hero? that'd be a unique way of differing things out. Doubt they'd go that direction but "different Tom Holland then MCU one for Spider Man" still makes the most sense for me.

TargetmasterJoe

On a pure fanboy-level, I can't help but want to see Spider-Man and Venom duke it though :p.

Maybe they'll use this to justify introducing Venom's white spider emblem.

Probably? I could see Venom taking a white spider emblem as a form of respect for Spider-Man.

NGL, Venom just feels off without that spider emblem.

TargetmasterJoe

The editor-in-chief for Discussing Film has an update regarding the Tom Holland cameo rumor:

For context, while studios would be quick to point out when a rumor is fake, when they say something like "no comment," that usually means the rumor's legit.

There's still a chance it's bogus, but keep your ears on the ground just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts