"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowStar

Thanks, Yojimbo and Frontier - those answers have helped to illuminate this matter for me. I was starting to get suspicious, especially since a fair number of characters underwent radical redesigns for season 3 (Flash, Black Lightning, Wonder Woman etc.) that (I believe) were in line with the "New 52" animation style.

Frontier

Staff member
Thanks, Yojimbo and Frontier - those answers have helped to illuminate this matter for me. I was starting to get suspicious, especially since a fair number of characters underwent radical redesigns for season 3 (Flash, Black Lightning, Wonder Woman etc.) that (I believe) were in line with the "New 52" animation style.
I think it would be more accurate to say Phil Bourassa's post-Justice League War designs, some of which are more based around the New 52, although certain designs like Superman and Wonder Woman are more like their Rebirth costumes ;).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Weisman and Vietti talked YJ on an episode of Warner Archive's podcast a few days ago. Under 26 minutes long.
‎Warner Archive Podcast: Young Justice: Outsiders Interview on Apple Podcasts or on Stitcher.

They talk about Beast Boy, crafting Forager, how the outro during credits came to be, and things we've heard before like the timestamps and geopolitics. If anyone remembers back when Outsiders was first announced, Weisman and Vietti teased there was a character they basically wrote off to a few appearances but things changed and he became a major player in the season? It was Beast Boy. Nightmare Monkeys was one of the appearances they had planned then as they continuing breaking story and thinking of the social media angle, they realized it was going to be Beast Boy.

Also the Archive team announced that because the Outsiders set lacks a commentary, they're going to pick an episode and do a commentary track with Weisman and Vietti with the next podcast episode. YES!!!

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman and Vietti talked YJ on an episode of Warner Archive's podcast a few days ago. Under 26 minutes long.
‎Warner Archive Podcast: Young Justice: Outsiders Interview on Apple Podcasts or on Stitcher.

They talk about Beast Boy, crafting Forager, how the outro during credits came to be, and things we've heard before like the timestamps and geopolitics. If anyone remembers back when Outsiders was first announced, Weisman and Vietti teased there was a character they basically wrote off to a few appearances but things changed and he became a major player in the season? It was Beast Boy. Nightmare Monkeys was one of the appearances they had planned then as they continuing breaking story and thinking of the social media angle, they realized it was going to be Beast Boy.

Also the Archive team announced that because the Outsiders set lacks a commentary, they're going to pick an episode and do a commentary track with Weisman and Vietti with the next podcast episode. YES!!!
Who would've thought the character with probably one of the biggest roles in the entire season wasn't even planned for it? Kind of fits Gar in a way, though :p.

Can't wait to see which episode they do commentary for :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
That's pretty cool. I think it was speculated here before Kaldur might have been the character they wanted to be taken off the show, but then it was announced he would be the new Aquaman and stuff.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member

Weisman and other guests sort-of do that on a Spectacular Spider-Man podcast I listen to. No episodes got a commentary, so they sort of discuss them and discuss behind the scenes trivia, etc. It'd be interesting to see them do a more formal commentary track on YJ.

That's pretty cool. I think it was speculated here before Kaldur might have been the character they wanted to be taken off the show, but then it was announced he would be the new Aquaman and stuff.

I guessed Beast Boy, but I don't think Kaldur is that far-off, even after the Aquaman reveal. He didn't really do much in the first half and gets a more prominent role in the second half. I know some people speculated he got promoted and kept in the League to write him off for most of the season.

ShadowStar

I guessed Beast Boy, but I don't think Kaldur is that far-off, even after the Aquaman reveal. He didn't really do much in the first half and gets a more prominent role in the second half. I know some people speculated he got promoted and kept in the League to write him off for most of the season.

I honestly thought it was El Dorado! Aside from a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo in "Home Fires", we don't see him until "Leverage"... so I thought for sure that his role in the events at the Meta-Human Youth Center might have been contrived quite late in the game.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
With the tease at the end of Outsiders, I presume this might mean a large role for Phantom Girl.

Then there's the Phantom Zone, and a number of actual ghosts. The possibilities are endless. :p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I always thought it was kind of a shame the Secret & Harm episode from season 1 never really received a proper follow-up, so it would be nice if they did more with at least Secret.

Also, coincidence or not, "Phantoms" was also the title of an episode from the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon (though neither Weisman or Vietti wrote or directed it :p).

Frontier

Staff member
Why do I get the feeling we're getting a Blackest Knight adaption :eek:?

But...yeah, phantoms of the past, Phantom Zone, Phantom Girl, lots of different ways to apply this subtitle ;).
I always thought it was kind of a shame the Secret & Harm episode from season 1 never really received a proper follow-up, so it would be nice if they did more with at least Secret.
Secret was a major member of the Young Justice team in the comics :).

ShadowStar

I love the title! Very surprised that it has been revealed at such an early stage though - I thought that it might be unveiled at WonderCon in April 2020. This is certainly a fun title and yeah, there are lots of ways to interpret this one... Perhaps Wally West is in the Phantom Zone (just saying)! Would love for Secret to return, as has been mentioned above. I'm excited to learn more about this season!

Frontier

Staff member
I love the title! Very surprised that it has been revealed at such an early stage though - I thought that it might be unveiled at WonderCon in April 2020. This is certainly a fun title and yeah, there are lots of ways to interpret this one... Perhaps Wally West is in the Phantom Zone (just saying)! Would love for Secret to return, as has been mentioned above. I'm excited to learn more about this season!
Now that I think about it, I think some origins have Supergirl's pod pass through the Phantom Zone before it arrives on Earth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts