List of production music used in CN/Boomerang promos/continuities/block intros/etc.

Cool_Cat

@Moleoman The same track here at 9:12 was used in a promo for a cartoon block called "Mamma Mia" with The Flintstones, The Addams Family and The Jetsons on Boomerang Italy in 2004. I have no idea which one is it.

Moleoman

Yes, it is. In fact, I first found a different version of this filler promo in this YT video below (mainly by searching both "Cartoon Network" and "Killer Tracks" on Google's video search) at 2:04:

Slightly off-top: Apparently, Marton Szucs (the Hungarian YT user behind Martoon Reviews) is also reading this thread (or more exactly the 1st version of the list without the supplements on later pages), as almost all stock music he used in his videos (which wasn't labelled as "SpongeBob music") also happened to be present on my list.

Moleoman

Can anyone identify this UP NEXT ident music used for Wacky Races and many other shows in the 90s?

Also the one used here in The Jetsons UP NEXT ident?

.... and the one used here, at 08.20 for Richie Rich UP NEXT ident.

Finally, I have found the names of those frequent cues. They're respectively: "Reality Check", "In the Park" and "Neon". All three were composed by Larry Campbell and came from a largely discontinued FirstCom Music Library album called "Pop Art" [FC-A28]. I wrote largely since I have found the album on new Nichion's library site:

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
"Dixie New World" by Eric Gemsa from the Koka library plays in some of the American promos for "Mr. Spim's Cartoon Theater":

"Off Broadway" by Werner Tautz from the Extreme Easy Listening library plays in this American Tom and Jerry promo for Boomerang:

Moleoman

Since my ability to edit the previous music list update has been traditionally disabled after three months, here's my 4th update to my production music list.

Atmosphere:
  • Scatterbrain [ATMOS 062A/ATMOS 069] - "The Flintstones" promo on CN FR/ES (1998)
  • Whistling Jack [ATMOS 110] - CN Nordic morning block (featuring "Cow and Chicken") promo (ca. 2000)
  • Big Mouth [ATMOS 129] - Votatoon promo on CN Poland (Summer 2002)
Audio Network:
  • Monkey Tennis 2 [ANW 1163] - "Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs" Watch & Win Competition promo on Boomerang UK (February 2020)
  • Shakalaka Boom [ANW 1311] - "Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs" launch promo on Boomerang UK (January 2020)
  • Nuts [ANW 1531] - "Baby Looney Tunes" promo on Boomerang GAS/CEE (2020)
  • Pop the Clutch [ANW 2550] - "Taffy" new episodes promo on Boomerang UK (January 2020)
Bruton Music:
  • Hot One [BIGS 015] - "Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot" launch promo on Boomerang Germany (2009)
  • The First Snowflake [BEE 01] - Boomerang UK/EMEA "Line" look Christmas ident with Droopy (originally used: 2004-2007/2011)
Carlin Production Music:
  • Ghosts on Horseback [CAR 146] - "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends" new episodes promo on CN PL/CEE (2008)
Extreme Music:
  • Tube Job [XCD 047] - Cartoon Network Nordic website promo (played 8% higher) (2005-2006)
  • Pop Rox [XCD 149] - Marathon Mix promos and bumpers on CN PL + CEE + RSEE (2016-2019)
  • Mystic Tryst [DCD 008] - main part of "Christmas in November" promo on CN PL/CEE/RSEE (November 2009)
  • Grand Central [XEL 004] -
    • "Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island" on Looney Tunes Week promo on Boomerang UK (2003)
    • "Mamma Mia" block promo on Boomerang Italy (2004)
  • Off Broadway [XEL 004] - "Tom and Jerry" generic promo on Boomerang USA (200?-2014) (thanks to S. Crow for noticing this)
  • Starlet Express [XEL 006] - "Tom and Jerry Caught On Camera Competition" promos on Boomerang UK (2005)
  • Work That Skirt [XEL 011] - CN shows on Multikino cinemas promo on CN PL (2010)
  • Dungeon Maze [XMT 008] - "Adventure Time" launch promo with live-action kid dressed as Finn on CN USA (March 2010) (thanks to koozboy for noticing this)
Juice Music:
  • Bad Bad Man [JM 031] - one of Euro 2012-themed CN PL + CEE + RSEE idents/bumpers BGMs (2012)
Koka Media:
  • Dixie New World [KOK 2057/KOK 2156] - "Mr. Spim's Cartoon Theatre" promos on CN USA (played 4% higher) (1995) (thanks to S. Crow for noticing this)
  • Greens & Beans [KOK 2161] - CN UK new website look promo (2001)
  • In The Summer [KOK 2317] - "Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville" new episodes promo on Boomerang Pan-Euro (October 2011)
Kosinus:
  • Pre School [KOM 2011] - "Hello Kitty: Parallel Town" promo on Boomerang Italy (version on Dimmimamma website) (2010)
KPM Music:
  • Busy Days [KPM 0367] - "Hello Kitty: Parallel Town" promo on Boomerang Italy (2010)

Last edited:

BlooMac

Can anyone identify the song that was used in one of the Adventure Time premiere promos?

josie

Finally, I have found the names of those frequent cues. They're respectively: "Reality Check", "In the Park" and "Neon". All three were composed by Larry Campbell and came from a largely discontinued FirstCom Music Library album called "Pop Art" [FC-A28]. I wrote largely since I have found the album on new Nichion's library site:

Wow, thanks so much Moleoman. You are doing an amazing work finding all these rare pieces of music. Feels so strange to see those short clips in full length now, for the first time ever.

Moleoman

@Moleoman The same track here at 9:12 was used in a promo for a cartoon block called "Mamma Mia" with The Flintstones, The Addams Family and The Jetsons on Boomerang Italy in 2004. I have no idea which one is it.
Finally found it. It's "Grand Central" [XEL 004] by Werner Tautz from Extreme Music's Easy Listening sublabel: HIGH SOCIETY

Moleoman

Unfortunately, I haven't found out yet where the arrangement of "O Tannenbaum"/"O Christmas Tree" in this promo came from.

On other hand, I've found out that the song in the main part of the promo is "Mystic Tryst" [DCD 008] by James Michael Dooley from Extreme Music library: FANTASY

Moleoman

I've just discovered something - apparently the track used by European Boomerang feeds in the "Line" look Christmas bumper with Droopy was also a production music track... though unlike most cases it wasn't released on a library music CD first:

It was released as "The First Snowflake" [BEE 01] on the first Bruton B-Stings album: Christmas

Cool_Cat

@Moleoman I found a rare Goober promo from Boomerang IT I still remember seeing a lot back then. Maybe you know the track they used:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts