Now that Disney is absorbing Fox Studios, when will they make another X-Men cartoon and what should it be about?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Wolverine is awful, the Jubilee is cool. It might have been nice to see Jubilee in a cartoon where she wasn't a total eyesore.

bigdaddy313

This was since March and since there was no announcement at NYCC which was enough time for it.

I don't know if they are moving forward with it or not.

Frontier

Staff member
Sean Galloway also did designs for this "special project."
The Wolverine is awful, the Jubilee is cool. It might have been nice to see Jubilee in a cartoon where she wasn't a total eyesore.
Wolverine looks like Wolverine though...albeit his torso is kind of huge :p.
This was since March and since there was no announcement at NYCC which was enough time for it.

I don't know if they are moving forward with it or not.
Cort Lane said they'd be announcing stuff over the Summer but I guess that didn't pan out for one reason or another :confused:.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Yellow and blue Wolverine along with jubilee makes me feel like it could be a project that is inspired by the 90s team but maybe without being held steadfast to the design style or anything. That's something I can get behind, assuming that it is animation. Maybe they could be pulling a Ultimate Spider-Man, where Quesada asked certain artists for design art that would be inspirational to the actual design team.

These Wolvie designs look short and squat. I think my favorite design like that is still Matsuda's from Hulk Vs. That was a perfect Wolverine to me, both when in civvies and when suited up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
These Wolvie designs look short and squat. I think my favorite design like that is still Matsuda's from Hulk Vs. That was a perfect Wolverine to me, both when in civvies and when suited up.
The designs strike me of trying to adapt his modern look with a more classic physique.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if we will see villains who never appeared in animation before with a new X-Men project, like Bastion and Cassandra Nova.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
There was nothing at D23, meaning I'm not expecting anything major with the X-Men or other Fox characters for a while until Kevin Feige and Marvel have a better idea ready for what they are doing with those characters going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
There was nothing at D23, meaning I'm not expecting anything major with the X-Men or other Fox characters for a while until Kevin Feige and Marvel have a better idea ready for what they are doing with those characters going forward.
Makes me wonder if Cort Lane was blindsided by this Feige promotion given what he said about future cartoons involving the Fox properties, and if anything Marvel Animation might've had planned got thrown out the window.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Feige's still one dude. He's going to have to delegate some of this work. Also, based off what I saw for What IF, I hope all the shows are not going to look like that.

Also they are still going to need animated properties to help sell these characters because the comics don't do it anymore.

Frontier

Staff member

Trevor

Sounds like they were able to get something going with Marvel :).
Maybe Disney is finally cracking the vault and is digging out the 16mm (or 35, but considering the era, probably 16) film masters and is cleaning the film and doing a 4K film transfer for a Blu-Ray release!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts