"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Two Worlds, Too Many Titans!

Click here for The World's Finest review!

In Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans, the two teams are pitted against each other when villains from each of their worlds join forces. The two very different Titan teams will need to set aside their differences and work together to combat Trigon, Hexagon, Santa Claus (yes, Santa Claus) and time itself in order to save the universe.

Release Date: September 24, 2019 (Digital) and October 15, 2019 (Blu-Ray and DVD)
Produced and Directed By: Jeff Mednikow
Screenplay By: Marly Halpern-Graser and Jeremy Adams
Executive Producers: Sam Register, Aaron Horvath, and Michael Jelenic
Cast: Grep Cipes, Scott Menville, Khary Payton, Tara Strong, Hynden Walch, Kevin Michael Richardson as Trigon and Hexagon, Robert Morse as Santa Claus, Grey Griffin as Mrs. Claus, Rhys Darby as Master of Games, Sean Maher as Nightwing, and Weird Al as Gentleman Ghost and Darkseid.

Related Links
Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans WF Review (Spoilers)
Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
Teen Titans Go! To The Movies Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
Teen Titans Go! Series News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)
Teen Titans Go! Season 5 Talkback (Spoiler)

Last edited by a moderator:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
So this gives Spiderverse a run for its money, though it would’ve been cool if the multiverse Titans also appeared in the theatrical film. I actually thought this was almost as good as the Zim movie.

Cartoonfan13

So this gives Spiderverse a run for its money, though it would’ve been cool if the multiverse Titans also appeared in the theatrical film. I actually thought this was almost as good as the Zim movie.
[Is it] Really?

Mod Note: One word posts are not allowed in the DC Comics Animation Forum. Each post must be at least a 3 to 5 word sentence. The post has been edited to reflect that. Expand on it or change all of your post if you wish. Breaches of this rule in the future will lead to formal infractions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orangesilentplanet

Loved Raven in this. Tara Strong nailed both variations of her characters, and you kind of sensed how the Tiny Raven wanted to be rid of her dark self. Loved all the various Titan interpretations that the producers managed to throw into the storyline. It was great seeing Art Balthazar's Tiny Titans show up (the only version where Tiny Beast Boy got a kiss from the Tiny Terra and sort of had a happy ending), the sixties animated Teen Titans, the dark DC Movie teen titans, and a few others.

Who knew Santa Clause would be a major villain in this series?

Some great jokes, and I think the producers had fun writing this.

I am taking two stars away for the absence of Ashley Johnson in this video film. Granted Terra made a quick cameo in BB's song, but was half-expecting Ashley's voice.

Really hoping for a sixth season of Teen Titans, and I don't know if this special will make it possible. Beast Boy needs his Terra.

James

Last edited:

iammattie

This movie is a blast! There are definitely some bits that don't land for me. For instance, the set up for the Warlagog song was just rehashing the "it's fun to say Slade" bit from TTG2TM.

But overall, the film had tons more strong moments than weak ones imo. Though, be warned, this IS a Teen Titans Go movie, and while the 03 Titans are faithful to that show for the most part, there are times where they feel more like their Go counterparts or their more serious nature is the butt of the joke, which I see some fans potentially taking as being in poor taste. Granted, the annotingness of the Go! team is continually the butt of a joke, so it does seem pretty balanced.

Cartoonfan13

This movie is a blast! There are definitely some bits that don't land for me. For instance, the set up for the Warlagog song was just rehashing the "it's fun to say Slade" bit from TTG2TM.

But overall, the film had tons more strong moments than weak ones imo. Though, be warned, this IS a Teen Titans Go movie, and while the 03 Titans are faithful to that show for the most part, there are times where they feel more like their Go counterparts or their more serious nature is the butt of the joke, which I see some fans potentially taking as being in poor taste. Granted, the annotingness of the Go! team is continually the butt of a joke, so it does seem pretty balanced.
So it's at the very least worth a rental?

-batmat-

Yup, it's a lot of fun, but be careful, it's nowhere near a revival of the original series. It's more of a ''Teen Titans Go feat. Teen Titans''

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Teen Titans Go definitely does well in movie format, as shown with last year's movie and this movie. As for Teen Titans, I doubt this could substitute the feeling others have for a potential season 6, but there's still plenty of love for the series.

Spider-Man

This was a great movie! I thought all the cameos were great and there were even a couple blink and you'll miss it cameos that were real treats. Even though their animation wasn't great I thought the 2003 Teen Titans were handled really great here and seemed right out of their own series. 2003 fans should have nothing reasonable to complain about. They had plenty of screentime for supporting characters and some great moments. I was surprised at how much this film got closer to Raven and Robin especially and it didn't feel out of place. This movie really exceeded my expectations!

Cartoonfan13

Teen Titans Go definitely does well in movie format, as shown with last year's movie and this movie. As for Teen Titans, I doubt this could substitute the feeling others have for a potential season 6, but there's still plenty of love for the series.
You're right it won't but hopefully it leads to it.

iammattie

Here's the Watchtower Database review of the movie. I already shared my brief thoughts in this thread, but if you wanna hear me ramble on for some reason, then here ya go.

Cartoonfan13

Knowing it's been a week since Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans came out, I found it appropriate to ask this question. Not expecting a answer though.
Capture+_2019-09-30-22-59-47.png

iammattie

They've been up on some other outlets for a few days, but Will Nichols just shared models for the mermaid titans, steam punk Titans, and proteen titans.

I've dug up some other models that I'll try to remember to share when I get home tonight.

Cartoonfan13

They've been up on some other outlets for a few days, but Will Nichols just shared models for the mermaid titans, steam punk Titans, and proteen titans.

I've dug up some other models that I'll try to remember to share when I get home tonight.

Thanks for sharing man.

Otaku-sempai

Weird. I can't seem to find the designs for the steampunk Titans or the proteen (whatever that is) Titans.

iammattie

Weird. I can't seem to find the designs for the steampunk Titans or the proteen (whatever that is) Titans.
The Steam Punk and Pro-teen (The ones that are all animals except Beast Boy. A joke on "protien") Titans are part of that same post. You have to scroll through it since it's an album. They're all also available on his ArtStation account, which I'll link since it also has his Master of Games design

As for the other art I mentioned I'd share earlier:

Unused Master of Games by Casey Mosman
Mr. and Mrs. Claus by Casey
Different styles of Robin by Casey

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, you just hover the mouse near the second reply and the arrow icon should be around there to scroll through the various designs he posted. It might be hard to see if you're on a computer I think.

iammattie

Just got clarification from Casey that the Master of Games was a character test she did and wasn't concept art for the film. I suppose that may be the case with the others as well.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts