"Peacock (NBCUniversal Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Cozi TV Plus could have been a good name too.

the greenman

Okay, here we go. . .

NBC/Universal = Peacock
Warner Bros. = HBOmax
Disney = Disney +
Sony = ?
Paramount = Paramount Network? (but not certain they have all CBS/Viacom material.

Okay, now I'll wait and see if Peacock will have some USA & SyFy stuff. If they have original Swamp Thing; that'll be funny.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Dudley

Staff member
Okay, here we go. . .

NBC/Universal = Peacock
Warner Bros. = HBOmax
Disney = Disney +
Sony = ?
Paramount = Paramount Network? (but not certain they have all CBS/Viacom material.

Okay, now I'll wait and see if Peacock will have some USA & SyFy stuff. If they have original Swamp Thing; that'll be funny.

Paramount will probably be CBS All Access, while Sony has Crackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegasMilo379

Finally.
I'm totally looking forward to Peacock (great name btw). Very interested with the featured shows and movies. And it's free! Definitely getting this come April.

PF9

Similar to my proposal for Pokemon Cinematic Universe TV shows on HBOmax, a show based on a Nintendo franchise should be made for Peacock given the partnership between Nintendo and NBCUniversal. I've felt for a while that Splatoon would be a good property for DWA to adapt. First would be a film adaptation of the first game's campaign mode. Then a TV series based on the Turf Wars would be made. There is also the possibility of holiday specials on NBC (I'd definitely watch a Christmas special especially if titled A Very Splatty Christmas).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Paramount will probably be CBS All Access, while Sony has Crackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crackle seems highly inferior to anything "streaming" imho.

Let's not forget that Sony sold Crackle to Chicken Soup for the Soul in March and that it's not yet finalised.

Last edited:

MegasMilo379

Finally.

the greenman

Fixed.

CSftS is a company that makes a series of inspirational self-help books of the same name. And this is how it affects Crackle.
Sony's biggest draw is Seinfeld and just got bought by Netflix. So what is Crackle doing exactly?

Very similar to Viacom, Youtube has Cobra Kai and all their stuff is all over the place.

PF9

FBI is a co-production of NBC and CBS and airs on the latter. And because NBC owns the US distribution rights I believe the US streaming rights will belong to Peacock while CBS has the international rights and internationally it would go on All Access.

the greenman

I think it is a question of how these Studios operate. I think they realize, they cannot hoard all their IP, but at the same time should release IP that they never really owned per se. Universal has no future plans for Incredible Hulk, they should sell it back to Marvel. In the state of how they "only want to make money" is how we see these Studios sell off IP. Then it gets very convoluted.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I think it is a question of how these Studios operate. I think they realize, they cannot hoard all their IP, but at the same time should release IP that they never really owned per se. Universal has no future plans for Incredible Hulk, they should sell it back to Marvel. In the state of how they "only want to make money" is how we see these Studios sell off IP. Then it gets very convoluted.

Actually, Universal has the distribution rights of Hulk, not the film rights, though I have a feeling that they don't have said rights anymore, given the recent announcement of a She-Hulk TV series on Disney+.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts