"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg91

Reporter
But yes, insert gripe about no special features but technically we got that with the behind the scenes series. I would have been content with a one commentary track in this release.
I understand budget restraints are usually the reason for a lack of special features, but it seemed like an easy opportunity to throw in the Bringing Back Young Justice with Whitney Moore series. The season two Blu-ray had some extras so this seems like a step back, but I'm not complaining at all. Super glad it's coming to home video at all.

Parker-Shepherd

Very cool it's a lot less of a wait than I predicted. It seems the first animated series hits Blu-ray/DVD quicker than the live action series from DCU. Interesting. I'm glad we have 3 choices of format to pick from as well. But yes, insert gripe about no special features but technically we got that with the behind the scenes series. I would have been content with a one commentary track in this release.

I like bonus features and commentary too.

Behind the scenes is one of my favorites.

Otaku-sempai

I understand budget restraints are usually the reason for a lack of special features, but it seemed like an easy opportunity to throw in the Bringing Back Young Justice with Whitney Moore series. The season two Blu-ray had some extras so this seems like a step back, but I'm not complaining at all. Super glad it's coming to home video at all.
Agreed! The behind-the-scenes material that has appeared on DC Universe would be a logical addition, and I would be all for commentary tracks (ideally for all 26 episodes, but at least for several key ones).

Parker-Shepherd

Like Lori Lemaris?

Good question.

Agreed! The behind-the-scenes material that has appeared on DC Universe would be a logical addition, and I would be all for commentary tracks (ideally for all 26 episodes, but at least for several key ones).

Point taken. It's possible WB & DC want to reach audiences that don't have the DC Universe app, hence the digital download, DVD and Blu Ray releases.

ShadowStar

I wonder whether El Dorado and Cyborg were given B-designations at the end of the season. I know that they joined the Outsiders rather than the Team, but it would follow tradition for the young heroes to continue to be "promoted" from guest status to B-designation status.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder whether El Dorado and Cyborg were given B-designations at the end of the season. I know that they joined the Outsiders rather than the Team, but it would follow tradition for the young heroes to continue to be "promoted" from guest status to B-designation status.
Extremely likely. Along with Orphan. There's a LOT of designations that weren't revealed by season's end... But yeah. El Dorado is likely B-34, Cyborg B-35, and Orphan B-36.

Parker-Shepherd

Stephanie Lemelin mentioned how she auditioned for Miss Martian before she was cast as Artemis.

I think I heard that story.

Also at Long Beach Comic Con a few years ago Greg talked about the diversity on the show such as when it came to characters who came from somewhere outside the United States, he wanted them to sound similar, in short, having the same accents, one example he mentioned was the Reach.

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman broke the 6 month hiatus from Ask Greg and answered two questions, one about casting the main cast in season 1 and new additions in Invasion.
That's really insightful. Good read :).

Also interesting that they had Mae Whitman in mind for Wonder Girl without even needing to audition. I wonder if this was just in general, and they would've cast her as Donna, or if they just felt she was perfect for Cassie ;)?

Stephanie Lemelin mentioned how she auditioned for Miss Martian before she was cast as Artemis.
Kind of curious to see what her Miss Martian would've sounded like...

Parker-Shepherd

That's really insightful. Good read :).

It's not uncommon for people to audition for one role in a TV show or movie but they end up getting a different part. This happens in animation too.

Also, when casting, there's usually people who have a certain person in mind when trying to figure out who should play a particular character. Then there's the hard part of finding a replacement when a certain voice actor isn't available.

Khary Peyton and Kevin Michael Richardson are just two examples of voice actors who have been on shows like Young Justice and played more than one character.

Someone at Long Beach comic con mentioned Greg Weisman had one wall in his office that's covered in index cards where he's written down ideas and such for Young Justice.

Frontier

Staff member

ShadowStar

Anyone else think that A-08 and A-09 might have been Rita Farr and Garfield Logan? Just a hunch on my part.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Perhaps, fits the time frame of those designations. At one time I was even thinking Karen Beecher and Barbara Gordon. Like they started out in support roles much like Mal then took up a costumed identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts