Matt Groening / Jeffrey Epstein Connection

Lock n' Stock

As much as I hate to, I feel this may be worth posting (any mods can remove if not appropriate). Anyway, many of you have probably heard the news regarding billionare Jeffrey Epstein, and it turns out that of the several people who flew on his plane, one was none other than Matt Groening. According to this, he'd recieved a foot massage by one of Epstein's outspoken accusers (who described his feet as being "crusty"), though nothing seems to be described beyond that.

On Friday, a federal court unsealed over 2,000 pages of documents from a lawsuit by an accuser of Jeffrey Epstein, who is said to have committed suicide in a Manhattan jail on Saturday. The lurid new revelations (read the documents here) identify many powerful men who were in Epstein’s social circle including the current U.S. president as well as a former U.S. president, and they also offer new details about an iconic animation figure who allegedly knew Epstein well enough to fly on his private plane: Matt Groening, 65, creator of Fox’s The Simpsons and Futurama and Netflix’s Disenchantment.

In the newly released documents, Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre, offers a detailed description of a “foot massage” that she claims to have been asked to give to Groening when she was sixteen years old on a one-hour flight from Carmel, California to Los Angeles. The details come from an unpublished manuscript Giuffre wrote called “The Billionaire’s Playboy Club.” Though she presented the manuscript to publishers as a fictionalized account (presumably for legal reasons), it was based on her real experiences, and Giuffre has spoken to the media about this same Groening foot massage incident as far back as 2011.

Now, this may be simply just a "guilty by association" thing at most, but it's still disturbing to know considering the amount of respect I've had for Groening, especially since Epstein is as close to a monster as human beings can get. What do you guys think?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I guess Al Jean is going to have to ban all of The Simpsons episodes now.

I remember saying at the time that banning Stark Raving Dad was the most ill-advised thing Jean could have possibly done in light of what we learned about Michael Jackson. Crap like this is the reason why.

stephane dumas

I guess Al Jean is going to have to ban all of The Simpsons episodes now.

I remember saying at the time that banning Stark Raving Dad was the most ill-advised thing Jean could have possibly done in light of what we learned about Michael Jackson. Crap like this is the reason why.

Don't forget also the removal of Apu.

I wonder if that'll start more rumors about Matt Groening similar to the ones we heard about Dan Schneider after all these years? I stop here before we start another "guilt by association" thing with John K. who did a Simpsons cough gag as a guest intro back in 2011.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts